Good example of a bad example

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2631146

Houston Astros pitcher Roger Clemens was asked to leave a youth baseball game over the weekend for arguing a close call that went against his son's team.

Clemens was at the game Saturday watching his son, Kacy, compete in a 10-and-under game organized by Triple Crown Sports when Clemens contested a call at second base that went against the Katy Cowboys.

He spit sunflower seeds at an umpire's leg and was asked to leave, said Jim Carpenter, a field supervisor with Triple Crown.

"I supported the umpire's decision and he (Clemens) respectfully left," Carpenter told the Craig Daily Press.

Katy lost the game to the Bakersfield Curve, 11-5.

Yup, that's what we need. More Daddys setting a fine example for the youth of this country to follow. Thanks Roger, thanks a whole lot.

Merlin1047 said:

Houston Astros pitcher Roger Clemens was asked to leave a youth baseball game over the weekend for arguing a close call that went against his son's team.

Clemens was at the game Saturday watching his son, Kacy, compete in a 10-and-under game organized by Triple Crown Sports when Clemens contested a call at second base that went against the Katy Cowboys.

He spit sunflower seeds at an umpire's leg and was asked to leave, said Jim Carpenter, a field supervisor with Triple Crown.

"I supported the umpire's decision and he (Clemens) respectfully left," Carpenter told the Craig Daily Press.

Yup, that's what we need. More Daddys setting a fine example for the youth of this country to follow. Thanks Roger, thanks a whole lot.

No worse than I saw in Daisy League Soccer with AYSO, better than traveling,by far!

Merlin1047 said:

heheheheh - I hope the kids aren't mimicking his bean ball skills!

HGROKIT said:
heheheheh - I hope the kids aren't mimicking his bean ball skills!

:bye1:

Lol - true. I guess this one tripped my trigger because I used to call a lot of youth baseball and softball. The kids would have a great time if their parents would just shut the hell up.

Merlin1047 said:
:bye1:

Lol - true. I guess this one tripped my trigger because I used to call a lot of youth baseball and softball. The kids would have a great time if their parents would just shut the hell up.
Agreed. Used to coach t-ball and coach pitch. You know, the real little guys. Shoulda heard it when I made sure ALL the kids got to play. You know, becasue at that age, there were already little stars whose parents demanded their son get more playing time.

Forum List

Back