Good deeds...

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
Our local Target every year at this time closes down for about 2 to 4 hours and those hours are devoted to special needs people so they can do their shopping. They have lots of helpers, people to wrap their gifts, etc., and Target gives them a good deal. My youngest, as most of you know, is low functioning and pretty much non-verbal. For the last several years, I've sent money and a list with him for these days and he comes home with presents for us that he buys. He gets good deals too. From what I put on the list, I expected him to spend $40 plus tax, but he came back and spent less than $30 for 4 presents.

I want to say special kudos to Target for doing this.

Are there anything that businesses do in your area that you think are worth mentioning?

That's great Shelia, just another reason for me to love Target even more! Think of the sense of accomplishment these kids have doing this too, because they are shopping without mom and dad......

We have a Secret Santa Shop run by the High School Kids here, where they shop and get the gifts wrapped for family, no adults allowed!

I like the police and firefighter Christmas Shopping runs, they take disavantaged kids shopping for toys, clothes and even give them enough money so they can buy their parents something too.

Forum List

Back