Good cop / bad cop / all bad cops

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by spectrumc01, Aug 17, 2011.

1. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Looking at how easy it is to be considered an accomplice by the justice system, I was wondering why the same standards are not applied to police departments. If an officer is breaking the law, surely other cops know about it and would they not be considered accomplices? We always here about the "Brotherhood", the "Code", and what happens to cops who "rat" out other cops. I would make the case that almost all cops are dirty simply because they know which cops are dirty and which ones aren't yet they say and do nothing to stop the dirty cops. This would make them accomplices would it not?

We all know in the places we work who does what and who says what, and it is the same for them. The good cops know who the bad cops are and yet they do nothing. This makes the good cops bad cops, and that makes all cops bad cops.

input?

2. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,891
    Lay off the movies for a while spec.

3. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Put the cup down and back away from the cool-aid.

4. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,891
    160 brave Police officers were killed in the line of duty in 2010 to keep your ungratefull ass safe in front of the boob toob watching dancing with the stars.

5. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,515
    You've been watching Dirty Harry movies again, haven't you........ Remember, Hollywood = fiction.

6. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    You presume alot. The officer that died in our town was killed while on duty responding to an accident that was already done. The driver was speeding and wrecked the squad car, the passenger cop was killed in the roll over because he was not, wearing a seat belt. Is he one of the 160?

As for keeping me safe, I have the second ammendment. Cops can't be trusted to do their job according to the law. I wish I had time to watch the "boob tube" but I work too much.

As for being ungrateful...I reported two thefts in the last year...nothing. I was hit by a car while on my bike and the cop didn't even file a report of the accident. I know this because a week later I called to check on the case and no one knew what I was talking about. Maybe if they did something other than fluff stops and did their job I could be grateful. What I am grateful for is that our city only has to pay 2 million to the two individuals who were falsely accused and convicted of murder. The state trooper was sleeping with the star witness while her was protecting her. Give me something to be grateful for.

7. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    You should ask these guys:

Guilty verdicts in Danziger trial killings and cover up | wwltv.com New Orleans

8. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Nope, the News.
    You've been living in a fantasy land, haven't you...Remember, life = reality.

9. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    What about fast and furious promotions? Or this admin prosecuting whistle blowers?

10. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Have you noticed when it comes to a thief or serial killer they always go back into the perpatrators past and show the signs that led to the crime i.e. animal abuse. These cops just didn't one day decide to do this, they were doing little illegal things all along and it cullminated in this. Other cops knew it and did nothing. They are all guilty.