Good Call Mr. President.

If that's the case, no need for a Fairness Doctrine. Just get the right host for the liberal side, and find a station that will air them.

I agree, I've stated since the first page that I agreed. :eusa_eh:

However, my only concern for radio is how the FCC is ignoring that the radio industry is being monopolized in general. (It's unrelated to this)

If that's the case, no need for a Fairness Doctrine. Just get the right host for the liberal side, and find a station that will air them.

I agree, I've stated since the first page that I agreed. :eusa_eh:

However, my only concern for radio is how the FCC is ignoring that the radio industry is being monopolized in general. (It's unrelated to this)

That's funny, because I have the same concern over television industry being monopolized by the left. That damn FCC !!!

That's funny, because I have the same concern over television industry being monopolized by the left. That damn FCC !!!

It's not a left or right wing issue. It's a issue in general. The owners of these networks and radio stations could usually care less what's being shown as long as they don't get fined for it and whatever makes the most profits.

It's not a left or right wing issue. It's a issue in general. The owners of these networks and radio stations could usually care less what's being shown as long as they don't get fined for it and whatever makes the most profits.
Bob, it is a left/right thing. Politics have made it that. I will bet my last dollar that if the radio was all left wing talk shows, there would not be any discussion about any Fairness Doctrine. Of coarse, there is no talk about the F.D. when it comes to television, just the radio. I won't even get into how the major newspapers have all gone to the left. journalism is out the door, and when it comes to reporting politics, it more of an opinion page than journalism of just giving the facts. The media is all intertwined. I don't want to see this happen, but fact is, I'm glad that the left does have the radio airways.

Bob, it is a left/right thing. Politics have made it that. I will bet my last dollar that if the radio was all left wing talk shows, there would not be any discussion about any Fairness Doctrine. Of coarse, there is no talk about the F.D. when it comes to television, just the radio. I won't even get into how the major newspapers have all gone to the left. journalism is out the door, and when it comes to reporting politics, it more of an opinion page than journalism of just giving the facts. The media is all intertwined. I don't want to see this happen, but fact is, I'm glad that the left does have the radio airways.

That's bullshit and you know it Meister. There would be discussion of it, just by the right wing.

Politics have made it a left/right thing, but many times; the information being shown as "truth" is merely a reflection of what the highest bidder wants.

That's bullshit and you know it Meister. There would be discussion of it, just by the right wing.

Politics have made it a left/right thing, but many times; the information being shown as "truth" is merely a reflection of what the highest bidder wants.
No I don't know it, so don't say it. I would bet my last dollar on it. Republicans are not the fighters, nor the engagers in such matters. They always try and take the high road. It hurts them in the polls, I wish they would mix it up with the dems. a lot more than they do. Now I'm talking politicians, not the likes of Sean, and Rush. Television is basically owned by the left especially the big 3. I have never heard any republicans talk about the Fairness Doctrine with television. It was a republican president that repealed the last Fairness Doctrine. Let's get real here, and stay in the real world.

no, you are bullshit
what the fuck do you think the media was BEFORE talk radio?
thats what gave the opening for talk radio to begin

No I don't know it, so don't say it. I would bet my last dollar on it. Republicans are not the fighters, nor the engagers in such matters. They always try and take the high road. It hurts them in the polls, I wish they would mix it up with the dems. a lot more than they do. Now I'm talking politicians, not the likes of Sean, and Rush. Television is basically owned by the left especially the big 3. I have never heard any republicans talk about the Fairness Doctrine with television. It was a republican president that repealed the last Fairness Doctrine. Let's get real here, and stay in the real world.
we dont
we just start competition and then kick their ass
LOL
Fox News
kicks everyone ass on cable

no, you are bullshit
what the fuck do you think the media was BEFORE talk radio?
thats what gave the opening for talk radio to begin

Very true, Dive.

It's interesting that teh American left feels a need to discuss controlling free speech this way.

Why is that exactly?

Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative, WHO THE HELL CARES. JUST DO NOT MESS WITH THE FREE EXCHANGE OF IDEAS.

In other words keep your hands off my Radio Dial Nancy!!

Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative, WHO THE HELL CARES. JUST DO NOT MESS WITH THE FREE EXCHANGE OF IDEAS.

In other words keep your hands off my Radio Dial Nancy!!

Another bogus story from the right...

WTF talking about dimwit?

The story where the Administration announced they are opposed to any attempt at implementing the fairness doctrine is bogus?

Man you are confusing lol

I am TOTALLY opposed to this so called "fairness doctrine"

I would, as I keep repeating, like us to put back into law the FCC laws which prevented the near monopolization of our media.

Having tens of thousands of LOCALLY OWNED media outlets served us very well.

Allowing 8 or nine major corporations to CONTROL the vast majority of out media outlets is leading us to a GROUP THINK situation where true objectivity in the media is virtually impossible.

I am TOTALLY opposed to this so called "fairness doctrine"

I would, as I keep repeating, like us to put back into law the FCC laws which prevented the near monopolization of our media.

Having tens of thousands of LOCALLY OWNED media outlets served us very well.

Allowing 8 or nine major corporations to CONTROL the vast majority of out media outlets is leading us to a GROUP THINK situation where true objectivity in the media is virtually impossible.
clearly those selling the local stations didnt have a problem with it

New Topics

Forum List

Back