Good Call By 9th Circuit

its been 23 minutes....but hey, here, have a go....

Attachments

• $moonbat.jpg
    $moonbat.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 78

the thread was posted at 6:44. your "post" went up at 10:15.

thanks for commenting, hack.

I think he's talking about your last before his. Still, great contribution to the thread.

That being said, I like the silence, which I take it means the Uber God Botherers on this thread finally agree that god(s) should be kept out of school and in the place of worship...

I think he's talking about your last before his. Still, great contribution to the thread.

That being said, I like the silence, which I take it means the Uber God Botherers on this thread finally agree that god(s) should be kept out of school and in the place of worship...

if someone can't do without G-d for 7 hours a day, they should be in a parochial school. there's no shame in that.

if someone can't do without G-d for 7 hours a day, they should be in a parochial school. there's no shame in that.

Yep, have no problem with a parochial school. In fact, my eldest high school he is enrolled in is Catholic. He'll have to do the scriptures etc...

Yep, have no problem with a parochial school. In fact, my eldest high school he is enrolled in is Catholic. He'll have to do the scriptures etc...

cool. but what are you going to do if he comes home doing the rosary?

nothing wrong with learning scriptures in that context. my boy is going to be studying bible as literature in his english class this year. at first i got a little put out by it. then i remembered that i read The Passion in AP English when i was in high school.

nothing wrong with learning scriptures in that context. my boy is going to be studying bible as literature in his english class this year. at first i got a little put out by it. then i remembered that i read The Passion in AP English when i was in high school.

His choice...

Yeah, I like the parables the bible teaches (well, a lot of them, not all)....

Jeebus! They could teach him to think like a serf and everything! :lol:

His choice...

i actually always thought jesus had a lot of good things to say. it's people that distort the words.

His choice...

i actually always thought jesus had a lot of good things to say. it's people that distort the words.

Yep, that is so true

Val:
LOL...

Actually this is a free speech rather than an Establishment Clause issue. I haven’t read the ruling but I’m assuming from the excerpt from the article the Ninth Circuit’s ruling was based on Garcetti v. Ceballos (2006), where the Court held that free speech rights don’t extend to public sector employees engaged in speech pursuant to their job duties.

The teacher in question may have had any type of speech on the walls of his classroom – dialogue excerpts from one of the X-Men movies, for example. If the school administration instructed the employee to remove the speech in question, the employee must do so or face disciplinary action, he may make no First Amendment protection claim.

Forum List

Back