Good-Bye

mattskramer

Apr 11, 2004
Texas
Some "big questions" (deep and personal issues and concerns) have come up for me. It is time, at 38 years of age, for me to do some real soul searching. While the discussions and debates here have been interesting and even somewhat informative, I doubt that I will find any "real" answers here. (No offense) I need to do some deep reading and thinking for myself and perhaps, when I reach my "death" bed, I still will not have any satisfactory answers. Still, I want to search - not for the sake of gathering ammunition for future debates (I don't plan to debate and argue things of this nature) - but for my own peace of mind. Ultimately, it will be my truth and I won't need to prove it for the satisfaction of others (or for my ego-gratification) or to have people agree with me on this.

Anyway, I hope that you understand "where I'm coming from" (to borrow an old cliche). In closing, I wish you all well - even those people with whom I have strong sociopolitical philosophical disagreements - even for those who think I'm a stubborn fencesitter or Jackass. So, OCA and GunnyL - and the rest of you - Take care and may whatever you believe give you peace.

Good-bye

mattskramer said:
Some "big questions" (deep and personal issues and concerns) have come up for me. It is time, at 38 years of age, for me to do some real soul searching. While the discussions and debates here have been interesting and even somewhat informative, I doubt that I will find any "real" answers here. (No offense) I need to do some deep reading and thinking for myself and perhaps, when I reach my "death" bed, I still will not have any satisfactory answers. Still, I want to search - not for the sake of gathering ammunition for future debates (I don't plan to debate and argue things of this nature) - but for my own peace of mind. Ultimately, it will be my truth and I won't need to prove it for the satisfaction of others (or for my ego-gratification) or to have people agree with me on this.

Anyway, I hope that you understand "where I'm coming from" (to borrow an old cliche). In closing, I wish you all well - even those people with whom I have strong sociopolitical philosophical disagreements - even for those who think I'm a stubborn fencesitter or Jackass. So, OCA and GunnyL - and the rest of you - Take care and may whatever you believe give you peace.

Good-bye

Bye Matts. :bye1:

mattskramer said:

Good-bye

Soul Searching? Don't you mean you came out to your wife and she booted your ass for choosing to be queer?

See ya later sometime. It is hard to stay away once you are addicted...

I hope you return when you have found what you are searching for.

manu1959 said:
38......brutal.....did'nt get clarity until 45....all the best to you

Clarity, good term. Guess I was lucky, I got clarity at the age of 30. Course I was pounding down so much cheap vodka, something had to give. God has been very merciful to me.

I was also lucky to have the truth shown to me in a very clear and uneqivocable way.

Good luck Matt, as long as you have a sincere desire for the truth, and humble yourself before that truth, you will find it.

Good luck with everything, Matt. I hope you find whatever you are seeking!

OCA said:
Soul Searching? Don't you mean you came out to your wife and she booted your ass for choosing to be queer?

I know that I don't need to reply, but I will do so anyway. My wife knows about my past and I think that I know about her past. She knows that, several years ago, I was mildly physically attracted to a young man. Yet, I am not a queer. Believe it or not, even though she knows about my past, she still agrees to be married to me. Even after 5 years, we still share the same bed each night. You probably find this information to be incredible. Anyway, I'm just going through a feeling of existential melancholy. I'm working through it though.

Thanks goes out to all the well-wishers, for all of their nice comments, and to the others.

mattskramer said:
I know that I don't need to reply, but I will do so anyway. My wife knows about my past and I think that I know about her past. She knows that, several years ago, I was mildly physically attracted to a young man. Yet, I am not a queer. Believe it or not, even though she knows about my past, she still agrees to be married to me. Even after 5 years, we still share the same bed each night. You probably find this information to be incredible. Anyway, I'm just going through a feeling of existential melancholy. I'm working through it though.

You'll be fine.

Forum List

Back