good bye texas

This is the blessing living in a country where illegal immigrants have to come in by boat or plane.

We are a very lucky country.

As long as I have my tacos & enchiladas & chili rellenos & Corona & lime, I don't care what they do. Mix the Margaritas & lets party!!! La Cucaracha!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Purt soon Texas gonna belong back to Mexico...
:eek:
Rising Hispanic Population Transforming Texas
April 08, 2011 - Census figures show the population of non-Hispanic whites is increasing at a much slower pace than that of Hispanics in Texas
Recently released data from the 2010 U.S. census shows significant growth in the nation's Hispanic population. And nowhere has that growth been more dramatic than in the southwestern state of Texas, the state with the biggest overall population increase during the past decade. Experts say the demographic shifts pose a challenge for the state and that its future prosperity will depend on how Texas meets that challenge. Not long ago, the annual Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Luncheon was the city's biggest Hispanic business event of the year. Now it is the biggest business event of any kind in the city, drawing many non-Hispanic figures from industry and government as well as Latino business owners.

During the past four years, under the leadership of President and Chief Executive Officer Laura Murillo, the Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce has experienced a 600 percent growth in membership. She says Houston's young population, its location and the business-friendly environment in Texas all help. "Our chamber, for example, has attracted many sponsors that had traditionally gone to Miami or Los Angeles," noted Murillo. "They are coming to Houston now because they have found that the economy of Houston is so much stronger than it is in other parts of the country." Many businesses here see an advantage in hiring local Hispanics who can help them build links with Latin America.

Francisco Grados works for an accounting firm whose workforce is now 30 percent Hispanic. "We have several clients from Latin America, Spain," said Grados. "And even though they speak English, they feel more confident, secure speaking Spanish. And it is an advantage to be bilingual." Rice University sociologist Steve Murdock says the future of Texas depends on Hispanics, because they are the fastest growing segment of the state's population. "Sixty-five percent of the [population] growth in Texas was due to the Hispanic population," said Murdock.

Census figures show the population of non-Hispanic whites, often called Anglos in the Latino community, is increasing at a much slower pace than that of Hispanics. Very few Texas counties are experiencing Anglo population growth, while most others show a decline. The opposite is true for Hispanics. Although immigrants account for most Hispanic population growth in other U.S. states, sociologist Steve Murdock says the growth in Texas comes mostly from a natural increase within an already established population. "Most Hispanics in Texas are not immigrants; they have been here for multiple generations," said Murdock. "And remember, there are parts of Texas that have been Hispanic longer than they have been Anglo."

MORE

Texicans.

Just wait till the hispanics cause a rise in unionized power in Texas :)

It IS coming.
There isn't many Unions in Texas or in the South in general. :cool:

True but that will cycle around again as the working class get more desperate.

Desperation is what caused the rise of unions in the USA in the first place.

Boy you don't know much about Mexicans, do you?

They don't get more desperate. They succeed QUICKLY.

I have no problem with Mexican culture and ethnicity. My daughter in law is Mexican, my granddaughter is Mexican, I've lived around Mexicans in farm country all my life.

So long as they're legal, they're A-ok by me.

Just the same as other tool, douchbag, repub govs these days..

Always nice to get an intelligent, unbias response.

:clap2:

There's no monoploy on stupidity from either wing of the political spectrum.

That is correct, but politics aside this dude is an asshole. How and why he continues to get reelected I dont know.

Probably the growing block of responsible Hispanic citizens in TX.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Always nice to get an intelligent, unbias response.

:clap2:

There's no monoploy on stupidity from either wing of the political spectrum.

That is correct, but politics aside this dude is an asshole. How and why he continues to get reelected I dont know.

That could be true, he talks tough on illegal immigration but is quit nice to illegal labor.

That could be true, he talks tough on illegal immigration but is quit nice to illegal labor.
Who would have thunk it.

A politician who talks out of both sides of his mouth. :doubt:

Actually, I thought the oxymoron "Block of Responsible Hispanic Citizens" was the less truthful portion of my comment.

:evil::evil::evil:

But now, since I've 'splaind it, its not funny.

This is good news for white people, when you become the minority you can demand affirmative action and places in University with lower test scores!

And if you ever fail at anything, it will be because you are white.

Finally whitey will get to enjoy the wonderful advantages of perennial grievance.

Forum List

Back