Good bye, Barney!

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
I'll miss him... Rep. Frank won’t run for reelection
By Erik Wasson and Russell Berman - 11/28/11 09:54 AM ET

Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) will announce Monday that he is not seeking re-election, ending a 32-year career in the House.

Frank, 71, is the top Democrat on the Financial Services Committee and the architect, with former Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), of the sweeping Wall Street regulatory reform law enacted in 2010.

Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) will announce Monday that he is not seeking re-election, ending a 32-year career in the House.

Frank, 71, is the top Democrat on the Financial Services Committee and the architect, with former Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), of the sweeping Wall Street regulatory reform law enacted in 2010.

The lobbyist protection act was really something. They call it reform do they? :lmao:

Smart thing he's doing - quitting/jumping ship.
Avoiding his landslide defeat.
How many other Dems will choose the same path?

Yes,, after he fucked up the economy he writes "sweeping reform" lmfao. and good riddance. to the asswipe.

The lobbyist protection act was really something. They call it reform do they? :lmao:

"The 16-term lawmaker, whose name is emblazoned on the banking reform law that passed Congress last year, had long been rumored to be ready for retirement. He was previously chairman of the House Financial Services Committee but is now ranking member when Democrats lost the majority in the 2010 midterm election

Read more: Barney Frank To Announce Retirement | Fox News

Yes,, after he fucked up the economy he writes "sweeping reform" lmfao. and good riddance. to the asswipe.

Yes, and for those who have signatures "disabled" I offer mine to show them how them how he loved the whole subprime, low-income mess he helped create.***

I believe there has been more alarm raised about potential unsafty and unsoundness [of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac] than, in fact, exists."- Barney Frank... 9/25/2003

I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing."--Barney Frank---9/25/2005

"Fannie and Freddie are fundamentally sound, they are not in danger of going under----I do think their prospects of going forward are very solid." -- Barney Frank-- 7/14/2008

If he's not the politician whose actions contributed most to the mortgage crisis we face today, he's in the top five. A meddler that did far more harm that good...but isn't that always the case with central planner types that are just convinced they know what's best for others?

"The 16-term lawmaker, whose name is emblazoned on the banking reform law that passed Congress last year, had long been rumored to be ready for retirement. He was previously chairman of the House Financial Services Committee but is now ranking member when Democrats lost the majority in the 2010 midterm election

Read more: Barney Frank To Announce Retirement | Fox News

The country would have been better off if he did this 15 terms ago.

So he's decided to devote 100% of his time to his illegal homo butt fucking business in his basement.

Thank goodness, one less stupid in the house.

Hearing from September 2003 on a Bush administration proposal to alter the regulation of GSEs like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. See Congressman Barney Frank's opening statement, which begins at 4:40. It's rather amusing. Here's an excerpt of his opening statement:

SNIP:

So let me make it clear, I am a strong supporter of the role that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac play in housing, but nobody who invests in them should come looking to me for a nickel--nor anybody else in the Federal Government. And if investors take some comfort and want to lend them a little money and less interest rates, because they like this set of affiliations, good, because housing will benefit. But there is no guarantee, there is no explicit guarantee, there is no implicit guarantee, there is no wink-and-nod guarantee. Invest, and you are on your own.

Now, we have got a system that I think has worked very well to help housing. The high cost of housing is one of the great social bombs of this country. I would rank it second to the inadequacy of our health delivery system as a problem that afflicts many, many Americans. We have gotten recent reports about the difficulty here.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have played a very useful role in helping make housing more affordable, both in general through leveraging the mortgage market, and in particular, they have a mission that this Congress has given them in return for some of the arrangements which are of some benefit to them to focus on affordable housing, and that is what I am concerned about here. I believe that we, as the Federal Government, have probably done too little rather than too much to push them to meet the goals of affordable housing and to set reasonable goals. I worry frankly that there is a tension here.

The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially and withstand some of the disastrous scenarios. And even if there were a problem, the Federal Government doesn't bail them out. But the more pressure there is there, then the less I think we see in terms of affordable housing.

Much more: The Tax Foundation - Barney Frank on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 2003

Forum List

Back