good bass music

padisha emperor

Sep 6, 2004
Aix-en-Provence, France
Can you give me some good songs who are enjoying to play at bass guitar ?
I like to play RHCP, Muse, metallica RATM, but if people know other tracks.....
Other rock bands with good bass parts.....

thanks ;)

I have "a certain shade of green " from Incubus, but thank you, i will look at the others ;)

thank to you too, Joker.
I forgot Tool in my list, i like to play it (my favoutite for playing : Schism, 46 and 2).
I will look to the others bands, thanks to you ;)

padisha emperor said:
I have "a certain shade of green " from Incubus, but thank you, i will look at the others ;)

thank to you too, Joker.
I forgot Tool in my list, i like to play it (my favoutite for playing : Schism, 46 and 2).
I will look to the others bands, thanks to you ;)
Of the ones I listed...you have to at least check out Primus.
The older, the better.

Of the ones I listed...you have to at least check out Primus.
The older, the better.
It also helps if you do a lot of drugs before listening to them.;) Just kidding, I have a few early Primus CDs (Sailing the Seas of Cheese, Pork Soda, and Tales From the Punchbowl) and I actually like them a lot.

Geddy Lee of Rush --- great bassist (and Canadian, too)!

Jack Casady of Jefferson Airplane/Hot Tuna --- considered by many to be one of the best rock bassists of all time

PE, if you're still looking, I cut my teeth on Rage Against the Machine. Most of the bass lines are some variation of the minor pentatonic scale, so they're pretty easy to pick up.

Ok, thanks a lot. I don't know this band, what kind of music is it ?

They're hard to describe. First of all, they have their own sound, and second of all, they change that sound up on almost every song. It's kind of like saying "what does Billy Joel sound like?" It's really trippy, experimental stuff, they have some hints of being a full-on jam band, but never really become one. Check out their album Pork Soda, that's probably the most accessible. The best songs on that album are probably "Mr. Kringle" or "My Name is Mud". Either way, it's very inventive bass-driven music.

Forum List

Back