Good article on Nick Saban's "Process".

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Saban has had an amazingly successful career as a college football coach.

This article looks at the successes of some who coached under him. And it looks at his "Process".

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...all/index.html

"Instead of talking about wins and championships, Saban speaks about the Process. In its most basic form, the Process is Saban's term for concentrating on the steps to success rather than worrying about the end result. Instead of thinking about the scoreboard, think about dominating the man on the opposite side of the line of scrimmage. Instead of thinking about a conference title, think about finishing a ninth rep in the weight room. Instead of thinking about graduating, think about writing a great paper for Intro to Psych. Since Saban has won three of the past nine BCS titles (LSU in 2003, Alabama in '09 and '11), the phrase has morphed into the mission statement for Saban's program-building philosophy. After watching the Tide coach raise all those crystal footballs, athletic directors and coaches across the country are trying to replicate his philosophy and results. Call it the Sabanization of college football."

The link is broken ... but I assume the "Process" has something to do with oversigning.

The link is broken ... but I assume the "Process" has something to do with oversigning.

Nice try, but no. I'll recheck and repost the link for you. Although it appears it really won't matter.

Nope the link still is broken. Nick Saban is the best coach in America right now but you can't deny he and other SEC schools have benefited from the ability to oversign. It wasn't against the rules in the SEC until this year so there's nothing wrong with it.

Nice try, but no. I'll recheck and repost the link for you. Although it appears it really won't matter.

Nope the link still is broken. Nick Saban is the best coach in America right now but you can't deny he and other SEC schools have benefited from the ability to oversign. It wasn't against the rules in the SEC until this year so there's nothing wrong with it.

Sabanization of college football spreading Nick Saban's Process - Andy Staples - SI.com

Yes, he worked within the rules and won. Had he not won, no one would have cared about the oversigning. And the guys who get cut aren't treated any differently than other scholarship recepients. I attended the UofA on an academic scholarship. They monitored my grades, and if they slipped below a certain level, I lost my scholarship.

Saban not only wins games and championships, he has increased the graduation rate of his players and put millions into the general fund of the university.

Sabanization of college football spreading Nick Saban's Process - Andy Staples - SI.com

Yes, he worked within the rules and won. Had he not won, no one would have cared about the oversigning. And the guys who get cut aren't treated any differently than other scholarship recepients. I attended the UofA on an academic scholarship. They monitored my grades, and if they slipped below a certain level, I lost my scholarship.

Saban not only wins games and championships, he has increased the graduation rate of his players and put millions into the general fund of the university.

I agree he wins by the rules in that conference. Big 10 coaches don't get that advantage. Oversigning has been banned since 1956. The are allowed to sign 3 over 25 in a given year if they petition the Big10 and prove that all those players will fit within the 85 limit without anyone being pushed out. Even that rarely happens. The SEC has (supposedly) banned oversigning starting this year as well. If true, this will eventually lead to more equality between the Big 10 and SEC signing classes. And more competitive balance.

Now all that said, I'm pumped to watch Bama lay an ass whoopin on That School Up North that first football Saturday!

I agree he wins by the rules in that conference. Big 10 coaches don't get that advantage. Oversigning has been banned since 1956. The are allowed to sign 3 over 25 in a given year if they petition the Big10 and prove that all those players will fit within the 85 limit without anyone being pushed out. Even that rarely happens. The SEC has (supposedly) banned oversigning starting this year as well. If true, this will eventually lead to more equality between the Big 10 and SEC signing classes. And more competitive balance.

Now all that said, I'm pumped to watch Bama lay an ass whoopin on That School Up North that first football Saturday!

We'll put a whoopin on'em.

Forum List

Back