Good and Evil

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I know that both good and evil exists.

I've been around people that from the moment you meet them that they are good and they put off an aura (spirit?) of positive strength.

I have also met and been around people that immediately you get a feeling of uneasiness and a threatening aura (spirit?) a negative strength.

I wonder if this natural feeling is where people historically get the sense of God and the Devil, Good and Evil and the existence of their soul?

Last edited:
Usually my vibe readings of others are spot on. Unfortunately my vibe sensor goes on the fritz sometimes. That sucks when that happens.

Usually my vibe readings of others are spot on. Unfortunately my vibe sensor goes on the fritz sometimes. That sucks when that happens.

Is that because of polished evil or a human hope that your sensor is wrong from the beginning?

I love those I love almost immediately. People are rarely an "acquired taste" for me. I hear some talk of others as, "Oh he seems like an ass at first, but when you get to know him..." I always find those who seem like asses at first to be complete asses always, no matter how well I get to know them.

I love those I love almost immediately. People are rarely an "acquired taste" for me. I hear some talk of others as, "Oh he seems like an ass at first, but when you get to know him..." I always find those who seem like asses at first to be complete asses always, no matter how well I get to know them.

Yup, that's true for me also... don't take it personally though... I kid...:lol:

Yup, that's true for me also... don't take it personally though... I kid...:lol:

Gawd, you're an ass.

Seriously. I work with an upper management guy that is as smart as they come, but he treats certain people like crap. Everybody kisses his butt cuz he has so much clout, but if he weren't in a corner office, I swear no one would give him the time of day cuz he's just such a complete butt.

I guess if you have brains, you can get away with it. Funny thing is, he seems to like me. Maybe I'm kind of a butt, too, and don't know it.

Last edited:

Good and Evil are pretty big words. There is so much to do with motivation and outcome in these that it's hard for me to get my head around them. Historical figures that are studied are easier in the fullness of time.

Jesus: Good, unless you're trying to make a buck in the temple on the wrong day.

Hitler: Bad, unless you're one of the elect and have a blind eye to turn.

Stepping away from those polar opposites into the every day, I see those around me more in the context of the relationship: reliable, trustworthy, helpful, devious, back stabber, honest, liar, gossip, greedy, generous, sensitive, belligerent, bully and so on.

Those who are close to me are a mixed bag of attributes, but we share some sort of commonalities from some kind of shared crucible like experience. Some are drinkers, some inveterate liars, some generous to a fault and others miserly. There are those who are gentle and those who are viscious in competition.

I have been manipulated by several people in my life. Some were coaches and they, in my memeory, were good. Others who manipulated me to buy a car or do a deed of idiot proportion were evil, again, in my memory. Both were manipulative and both used me to accomplish another purpose. Situational ethics?

As was often said in the recent past, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

I suppose, in the end, it comes down to love. If your motivation is love, your deed is probably good. If your motivation is hate, your deed is probably evil. If you do enough of these deeds, your "self" will be the result, good or evil.

On a daily basis, we all are pouring our selves into the mold that we are crafting.

I have seen enough real evil to last me from here to eterntiy, I have walked through feilds of the innocent dead.

The good, that is seems to be quiet, it comes in drops of human kindness, trickling day by day, here and there, when you least expect it.

Last edited:
i have seen evil...it has nothing to do with god or the devil...it has everything to do with the heart of man....man will do great evils...in great numbers...but frogen is right...the good...comes in small gestures...stopping to help someone....the little things one does thru the day....i guess we all hope for the ripple effect in goodness....while evil comes on like a tsunami

I have seen enough real evil to last me from here to eterntiy, I have walked through feilds of the innocent dead.

The good, that is seems to be quiet, it comes in drops of human kindness, trickling day by day, here and there, when you least expect it.

That's when it's the best. When you're both surprised and humbled. It can be the smallest thing. You're right.

Viet Nam?

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt since we are all capable of doing good or doing evil.

I often regret it, of course, since some people (often without meaning to do so) are basically so screwed up that bringing them into your life leads to their problems becoming your problems.

I'm like si modo. Maybe its my training or my experience but I can spot a sociopath almost immediately.Do all sociopaths commit evil acts? No, but they can cause pain in other ways.

Truly good people are few and far between. Most of us fall somewhere in between.

i have seen evil...it has nothing to do with god or the devil...it has everything to do with the heart of man....man will do great evils...in great numbers...but frogen is right...the good...comes in small gestures...stopping to help someone....the little things one does thru the day....i guess we all hope for the ripple effect in goodness....while evil comes on like a tsunami

People want to group together to do both good and evil and I suppose they need a common figurehead/dogma to further bind their followers through ritual affirmation.

I can't quite rule out God or the Devil, I suppose because my heart feels the presence of forces beyond myself. I do know that I can identify when I'm doing good or contemplating the line between good and evil, the right way to proceed.

there is not a line between good and evil...there is a massive gray area ..that does most in...that is why the road to hell is paved with good intentions.....its a long lonely walk across that gray area...assuming one is going from good to evil...what causes us to do evil....and define evil....i have seen people do small things that caused so much damage in the long run...it didnt start out as evil but it sure ended up there....is it a person just making a poor decision...no....one has to continue to make poor decisions...it is not just one decision....it is the evolution of one poor decision after another...it is not as simple as crosing a line....when you go from "good" to evil...its more a march across the gray zone...

people amaze me....you live on the edge...you push the envelope ever chance you get...then you are shocked when you find yourself falling into the abyess..questioning how you got there...well you know how you got there...you made the decisions....and i will say this...in that long walk across the gray area...you knew at some point...it was time to turn back....to not go...but what decision did you make?

now the walk from evil to good...i am never sure its a walk that can be made...or a trek that can be finished...evil is easier for some..harder for others....definations of evil vary...i dont consider myself an evil person....i generally try to do the best thing i can do...but i have the deadly sins ....and they are deep in me...i enjoy hedonism...and i am one of these people...if one is fun....2 is much more fun...i like to do things in excess....i try to love in excess...find joy in excess....dont i sound sweet.......fuck with my family....i will do whatever it takes to insure my family is safe, whatever.

i never knew what it was like to want to kill someone...until this past 4 months. i know now that i would easily kill someone to protect my family, someone who was not a physical threat but was destroying my family. i realized what it was like to want to kill. I am deeply ashamed of feeling that way but i did and i still do. i never thought of myself as an evil person until the last few months...when i realized i would kill a fellow human being, i was that trapped.

luckily my age and cunning allowed me to do what was needed without murder. i dont know if that was a good thing or a bad thing....the verdict is still out on that one. i never in my life thought i would rejoice in the death of another human being.....

there is not a line between good and evil...there is a massive gray area ..that does most in...that is why the road to hell is paved with good intentions.....its a long lonely walk across that gray area...assuming one is going from good to evil...what causes us to do evil....and define evil....i have seen people do small things that caused so much damage in the long run...it didnt start out as evil but it sure ended up there....is it a person just making a poor decision...no....one has to continue to make poor decisions...it is not just one decision....it is the evolution of one poor decision after another...it is not as simple as crosing a line....when you go from "good" to evil...its more a march across the gray zone...

people amaze me....you live on the edge...you push the envelope ever chance you get...then you are shocked when you find yourself falling into the abyess..questioning how you got there...well you know how you got there...you made the decisions....and i will say this...in that long walk across the gray area...you knew at some point...it was time to turn back....to not go...but what decision did you make?

now the walk from evil to good...i am never sure its a walk that can be made...or a trek that can be finished...evil is easier for some..harder for others....definations of evil vary...i dont consider myself an evil person....i generally try to do the best thing i can do...but i have the deadly sins ....and they are deep in me...i enjoy hedonism...and i am one of these people...if one is fun....2 is much more fun...i like to do things in excess....i try to love in excess...find joy in excess....dont i sound sweet.......fuck with my family....i will do whatever it takes to insure my family is safe, whatever.

i never knew what it was like to want to kill someone...until this past 4 months. i know now that i would easily kill someone to protect my family, someone who was not a physical threat but was destroying my family. i realized what it was like to want to kill. I am deeply ashamed of feeling that way but i did and i still do. i never thought of myself as an evil person until the last few months...when i realized i would kill a fellow human being, i was that trapped.

luckily my age and cunning allowed me to do what was needed without murder. i dont know if that was a good thing or a bad thing....the verdict is still out on that one. i never in my life thought i would rejoice in the death of another human being.....

Well now that a mouth full..with me not being the most brilliant of fellows, I'd like to take some time and ponder your response. I know one thing, I like the way you think and it seems familiar to my life.

I've read your post several times now and find myself simply in agreement. I'm intrigued of course by the hedonism thing, ( sounds like healthy gusto) and your natural defense of loved ones... responses, of course I don't know the whole story. I would hope my wife and I would feel the same intensity due to threats from outsiders.

Forum List

Back