Good and Bad News From Iraq

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
this is only for those willing to 'dig deeper.' October 04, 2005 Links at site:

http://instapundit.com/archives/025965.php
REMEMBER IRAQ? Bill Roggio is paying attention to what's going on even if others aren't, and his latest is a must-read. And note the media criticism from Capt. Jeffrey Pool.

UPDATE: More background here.

ANOTHER UPDATE: More media criticism from the troops. We're hearing a lot of that, and with good reason.

But here’s the money quote:
I have had my staff aggressively pursue media coverage for all sorts of events that tell the other side of the story only to have them turned down or ignored by the press in Baghdad. Strangely, I found it much easier to lure the Arab media to a “non-lethal” event than the western outlets. Open a renovated school or a youth center and I could always count on Al-Iraqia or even Al-Jazeera to show up, but no western media ever showed up – ever.

manu1959 said:
But here’s the money quote:
I have had my staff aggressively pursue media coverage for all sorts of events that tell the other side of the story only to have them turned down or ignored by the press in Baghdad. Strangely, I found it much easier to lure the Arab media to a “non-lethal” event than the western outlets. Open a renovated school or a youth center and I could always count on Al-Iraqia or even Al-Jazeera to show up, but no western media ever showed up – ever.

No shit. Why do you think I posted?

Forum List

Back