Good Actors

I actually think Weaver is married. She is just good at playing the tough lesbian bitch-manwoman

Russell Crowe is too much of a jerk for me to like, but I will give him credit for his movies.

And I love Kate Hudson! She was great in The Four Feathers also.

you all took many of the good ones, but I'll jot down a few in my favorites category:

ben kingsley

michael caine

albert finney

hugo weaving

Robert Carlyle

jeff and beau bridges, lloyd as well for that matter

john cusack

michael douglas (and kirk)

paul newman

katherine hepburn

johnathan pryce

val kilmer

kevin spacey

bob hoskins

jack nicholson (nobody said jack yet??)

glenn close

william hurt

kevin kline

peter o'toole

angelina jolie

harvey keitel

jason robards

steve buscemi

james woods

geoffrey rush

steve martin (esp if you add in his one man play "Picasso at the Lapin Agile")

and sooo many more, what can I say, I love movies :)

Originally posted by Zhukov
I don't know how I feel about Nicholas Cage. I don't think his acting in roles like The Rock, Con-Air, or Face Off was any good. In fact I think he was awful.

He's good in some roles, but he just doesn't make a believable action hero I don't think. Of course all those movies fucking sucked anyways, so who knows.

I've never seen a more "phoned in" performance than what he did in Gone in Sixty Seconds.

Originally posted by Mummig
Russell Crowe is too much of a jerk for me to like, but I will give him credit for his movies.

And I love Kate Hudson! She was great in The Four Feathers also.

I was in love with Kate Hudson until she became married with child:(

I was in love with Kate Hudson until she became married with child

I don't even know how Chris Robinson managed to father a child at this point. The dude's seeds probably have more illegal chemicals in them than Courtney Love's medicine cabinet (ba-dum-bump).

Time to revive this thread for another go around.

Meryl Streep

I did not see her mentioned anywhere on this thread. In my opinion, she was ill-suited for her role in Mama Mia, but that does not take away from her great acting ability in most all of the other roles she has played.

Meryl Streep

I did not see her mentioned anywhere on this thread. In my opinion, she was ill-suited for her role in Mama Mia, but that does not take away from her great acting ability in most all of the other roles she has played.

I think she's the best in the buisness.

John Noble is fantastic. Watch him as Walter on Fringe. Simply amazing.

Johnny Depp. Anything I've ever seen him I only see the character, not Depp. That's rare.

William H. Macy. Another actor who totally brings his characters to life.

My ex-wife should get an Oscar for faking orgasms, telling lies, and acting sincere.

Last edited:
I like Nicolas Cage....but he isn't always great in all his movies.
I think he's sexy...most of the time.....one of my favorite movies with him is Con-Air...I love the long hair on him :)
I liked him in Face-Off as well......but I thought Ghost Rider was a bit ridiculous....
Family Man was ok and one of his first flicks "Raising Arizona" was a funny one..........
And I like John Travolta and Hugh Jackman.
Morgan Freeman is also good , and Denzel Washington.........I don't really have any female favorites, except for Sandra Bullock~

peter lorre

bette davis

olivia dehavillan

vincent price

orson welles

john barrymore

eli wallach

karl malden

vivan leigh

marland brandon

robert duvall

robert mitchem

al pacino

Most of the best actors are long dead. Laurence Olivier, Clark Gable, Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant. All towering talented actors. Today, I can't think of anyone other than Johnny Depp who is good in everything, even bad movies.

After seeing Depp in several appearances, my husband remarked that he thought Johnny Depp was extremely shy which made him such a good actor. It's how he escapes his basic shyness.

I found that so remarkable that I had to look it up. Sure enough, Johnny Depp is known for being shy to the point of reclusiveness.

Meryl Streep

Exactly my thoughts.

Mama Mia was not a good role for Meryl Streep. I liked her best in Out Of Africa.

She also did a really good job in Julie and Julia. But maybe I'm biased because I liked Julia Child a lot and cooking is a hobby of mine.

Forum List

Back