Gonzaga Bulldogs Take Down Duke in Hawaii

Eric Arthur Blair

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2015
Is this finally the year the little school from Spokane gets a national title? It's too early to break out champagne but it finally seems Mark Few has all the pieces and a genuine superstar in Rui Hachamuri (or however it's spelled). The best coach in college basketball he always cobbles together the guys the big factory schools don't want and transfers and makes very good teams of them year after year.

The Duke game is a warning shot. This year could be the year of the Zags!

I don't know shit, but i do know that Coach K always has a bunch of "one and out" players, because the best high schoolers in the countey want to play for him. Accordingly, he always has an overabundance of Freshmen on his team, and they don't hit their steide until the New Year. In March the BD's will dispatch the Zags with ease.

Sorry. That's just the way it is.

I don't know shit, but i do know that Coach K always has a bunch of "one and out" players, because the best high schoolers in the countey want to play for him. Accordingly, he always has an overabundance of Freshmen on his team, and they don't hit their steide until the New Year. In March the BD's will dispatch the Zags with ease.

Sorry. That's just the way it is.
But Gonzaga and their yearly roster of transfers (like Brandon Clark from San Jose St., who had a big game against Duke, and this guy Fillip Petrusev, from Serbia, who played well also) are in mid season form....right? :icon_rolleyes:

And that's not to mention that a key player from last year's second place team finish nationally and MVP of the WCC tournament, Killian Tilley, wasn't even suited up. Mid-Major Madness Breakout Player of the Year: Killian Tillie made sure Gonzaga did not take a step back

Sorry. That's just how it is.

Anything can happen when you get to the tournament and the Zags don’t get the national attention Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and other teams do, however Few has made the tournament every season for the last 20 years and now he has another good recruiting class for 2019, the guy is one of if not the best coach in college basketball.

There were in the national title game last year and look to be better this year. Anything can happen but I think they can make it back again.

Forum List

Back