Gonna get me a Reagan/Bushphone from the gubmint.

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
PolitiFact | Adam Putnam: Obama campaign gives free cell phones to supporters

Lifeline and programs like it have been around quite a while. Lifeline was created in 1985 and expanded in 2008 during the Bush administration to include cell phone service. An FCC spokeswoman told PolitiFact in 2009 that the 1996 Telecommunications Act required the FCC to create the Universal Service Fund, a pool of money subsidized by small charges on phone bills and redistributed to low-income service programs, as well as programs that bring telecommunications services to rural areas and schools.

Putnam told Romney supporters that the Obama campaign is offering cell phones to get its voters to the polls.

Internet chatter claiming that Obama gave cell phones to welfare recipients contained a tiny grain of truth: The federal government does have a program to subsidize phone service for low-income people. That program, though, existed long before Obama became president.

Putnam then squeezed all reality out of the story, twisting it into an allegation of dirty campaigning. He has since acknowledged the statement was wrong -- but not before announcing it at a high-profile presidential campaign rally. We rate his statement Pants on Fire!

But... but... OBAMA! :confused:

SHIT.......the right wing whack jobs on here don't care 'bout no stinking phones program under George Bush. George Bush aint the President they'll say. And if Obama wasn't a hippie commie pinko born in kenya vote buying bullshitting dope smoking NEgro........he would have taken ALL the phones away from poor people.

But he didn't; Proof he is formulating class warfare by allowing poor people to have phones.

Good luck with the craazies.

There is more, just wait for it.

Lifeline has nothing to do with the issue. Fail.

Gonna get me a Obamaphone from the gubmint.

Fixed it for ya.

Fixed it for ya.

Then educate me on where "Obamaphones" came from. This was Putnam's response.

"About those cell phones: I'd heard about the YouTube video, wasn't aware it was disclaimed. Won't happen again," Putnam wrote Wednesday afternoon.

Fixed it for ya.

The cell phone program started under Bush. You would know that if you read the OP.

By the way, "Gay-rights-women's-rights-and-this-bald-eagle-motherfucker-and-some-weed" who?

Finish the joke you started!

As usual, the lefties are missing the point! Bush never used it as a propaganda tool to increase his votes. That would be unethical....

Saw the Obamaphone lady do an interview. Love how her "Bush" phone says Obama on it when she flips it open!!!

Obama is one sleezy POS!!!

Forum List

Back