Gonna buy a new car......

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Looking to buy a new vehicle (yes an SUV so "F" off if you don't like it!) and I am looking for input. I want to get the best value for my money.

I am trading in a Mercedes ML500 which I don't much like. Previously I have owned a GMC Denali, Toyota Land Cruiser and Ford Explorer. The Toyota was a good car, but not enough leg room. The Ford sucked and the GMC was good until right before the lease was up and it started having problems.

Since this time I am buying instead of leasing, I am looking for all the input I can find as I plan on keeping this one for 7 years or more if it is a really good one!

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Kia Sorento. Good warranty and you can get them for a good price comparitively.

How do they stand up to a lot of driving - long distances? (we like camping so living in Vegas, we usually have to drive a while and then go off road)

I have a chevy s-10 blazer 4 wheel drive, great SUV, i have had mine for about 6 years would not trade it for the world, it has been a great vehicle. however when i do go to purchase my next vehicle, which probably wont be till at least 300,000 miles currently at 185,000
i plan on buying a jeep wrangler 4 wheel drive. unless chevy comes out with a SUV with removable top!

:D

Originally posted by freeandfun1
How do they stand up to a lot of driving - long distances? (we like camping so living in Vegas, we usually have to drive a while and then go off road)

Don't know... I have a Kia Sephia (mid-size sedan) and it's just fine with long distances.

Get a 71 Chevy k5 blazer.

You can replace everything bumper to bumper for 6k and have a kick butt 365hp steel box to beat cameros with.

You pay 10 for the truck, 6 for the mods and you have a $16k collectors item that goes up in value every day.

-And you can run the styrofoam wannabe suvs off the road.

;)

Originally posted by NewGuy
Get a 71 Chevy k5 blazer.

You can replace everything bumper to bumper for 6k and have a kick butt 365hp steel box to beat cameros with.

You pay 10 for the truck, 6 for the mods and you have a $16k collectors item that goes up in value every day.

-And you can run the styrofoam wannabe suvs off the road.

;)

Hey wait a minute mine's not styrofoam. I can prove it, it has rust!:p:

Buy a toyota. I've never had anything go wrong with any of the 3 Toyotas I've owned. Neither with the 5+ other Toyotas members of my family have owned. The 4Runner is a nice SUV.

Yeah, unless you have a patriotic objection to buying an import (I don't; this is a free country and domestic autos are generally less reliable) I would advise going Japanese. Toyota, Honda, and Nissan all make great products. Maybe the newest 4Runner has more leg room.

Forum List

Back