GONE With The Wind Blue Ray Collectors Set

BasicGreatGuy

Aut libertas aut mors
Aug 2, 2009
Atlanta
Gone with the Wind Ultimate Blue Ray Collectors Set will be available tomorrow. The sets are numbered and limited in quantity. If you are a Gone with the Wind fan and or a collector, you might want to get the set. :)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Anniversary-Ultimate-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B0013N7FZ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1258418809&sr=8-1[/ame]

Is it the original director’s cut where Rhett says at the end of the film; “Frankly my dear, all the slave children on this dirt patch are mine!”

I read some where, I think it may be Ebert, about the cut scenes from Gone with the Wind due to really over the top racism.

Still, that would make the film more realistic as it is set in the South during the Civil War.

It must be noted the film did deliver the first Oscar to an African American.

Last edited:
Personally, I would have ended the film with General Sherman storming in and yelling out "All slaves are free, go find a job!!!!! Rhett, shine my boots, Charolett, bend over and feel the sweet pleasure of victory!!!!"

That isn't as bad as some of what he says in the movie, such as 'simple minded darkie.'

That's because the book was written by a southerner, about the south during the civil war.

It's really quite mild on the racism, and one of Scarlett's finest moments is when she becomes disgusted with the Union officer's wives who poke fun at Pork and say they couldn't imagine allowing a "darkie" taking care of their children.

Scarlett replies "Pork is a member of the family" and Pork refuses to drive the carriage after that.

Of course, I'd never considered maybe he really WAS a member of the family..

Thanks a lot Frogen for polluting Gone With the Wind for me.

That isn't as bad as some of what he says in the movie, such as 'simple minded darkie.'

That's because the book was written by a southerner, about the south during the civil war.

It's really quite mild on the racism, and one of Scarlett's finest moments is when she becomes disgusted with the Union officer's wives who poke fun at Pork and say they couldn't imagine allowing a "darkie" taking care of their children.

Scarlett replies "Pork is a member of the family" and Pork refuses to drive the carriage after that.

Actually its because the picture was made long before political correctness came into vouge.

Racism wasn't even an issue when the picture was made, the USA was still largely segregated.

Forum List

Back