Gone Terribly Wrong...

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
We Americans are really getting screwed by our government, big corporations, and big media.

Proof of this is our terrible healthcare system....it would appear it's all about making money rather than curing Americans.

According to the World Health Organization, the United States is ranked 38th in life expectancy, indicating that its standard medical practices are inferior to Cuba, South Korea, Costa Rica, Guadeloupe, Singapore, and 31 other nations. The U.S. system of medicine is only slightly superior to the Czech Republic and Slovenia, despite the U.S. spending approximately 16% of its total expenditures every year for health related expenses. Standard medicine in the U.S. is the world's most expensive, and yet it is among the least safe.
Chop Shop Hospitals

If you want to see what the level of service is like from an entity not interested in making money, go to the DMV.

We Americans are really getting screwed by our government, big corporations, and big media.

Proof of this is our terrible healthcare system....it would appear it's all about making money rather than curing Americans.

According to the World Health Organization, the United States is ranked 38th in life expectancy, indicating that its standard medical practices are inferior to Cuba, South Korea, Costa Rica, Guadeloupe, Singapore, and 31 other nations. The U.S. system of medicine is only slightly superior to the Czech Republic and Slovenia, despite the U.S. spending approximately 16% of its total expenditures every year for health related expenses. Standard medicine in the U.S. is the world's most expensive, and yet it is among the least safe.
Chop Shop Hospitals
------------------------------------------------------------------------- my comment is that any failing of the USA Health system and Doctors is rather recent and is by design [obamacare] . As a 68 year old i have used hospitals all over the USA because of many , many , many broken bones , never ill health [think 'evel kneival']. Anyway , the care and hospitalization was always excellent and with no regard to cost as all i got was the best care at parents out of pocket expense starting in about 1960 and then when i was on my own the expense was covered by 'insurance' that i got from my blue collar job . Last time i was in the hospital with a terribly mangled left leg and foot was in 1992 and i never saw a bill . And it took over 3 years and 6 - 8 operations to fix the left leg and foot . ------------------------ Only point i am making as i talk about this private info is that , Heathcare and Doctors were excellent all my life and at very little personal expense to ME . Health and Doctors going to heck at this time in American history is because it has been RECENTLY designed that way and its called 'obamacare' .

Chop Shop Hospitals

According to the World Health Organization, the United States is ranked 38th in life expectancy, indicating that its standard medical practices are inferior to Cuba, South Korea, Costa Rica, Guadeloupe, Singapore, and 31 other nations.

Proof you can torture statistics to get the result you want.

If you want to see what the level of service is like from an entity not interested in making money, go to the DMV.
Our HC system is hardly a free market system. It is a racket the Mafia could only dream of.

Chop Shop Hospitals

According to the World Health Organization, the United States is ranked 38th in life expectancy, indicating that its standard medical practices are inferior to Cuba, South Korea, Costa Rica, Guadeloupe, Singapore, and 31 other nations.

I didn't write it. If you have data disputing it, post it.

Our HC system is hardly a free market system. It is a racket the Mafia could only dream of.
------------------------------------------------------- maybe it is nowadays but it was excellent all my days . Nowadays , i hear about cut rate 'nurse practitioners' and third world imported 'doktors' . T he way i see things its lefty people and their kids and sadly some others that will be getting the health care that they deserve or bargained for Gipper .

------------------------------------------------------- maybe it is nowadays but it was excellent all my days . Nowadays , i hear about cut rate 'nurse practitioners' and third world imported 'doktors' . T he way i see things its lefty people and their kids and sadly some others that will be getting the health care that they deserve or bargained for Gipper .
I am referring to it as it is TODAY. I recognize that it was great once.

Chop Shop Hospitals

You need my help to see the idiocy of the claim that our medical practices are inferior to Cuba, Costa Rica, and Guadeloupe?

Chop Shop Hospitals

You need my help to see the idiocy of the claim that our medical practices are inferior to Cuba, Costa Rica, and Guadeloupe?
According to the WHO we are ranked 38th in life expectancy, behind Cuba. We must be doing something wrong.

Chop Shop Hospitals

According to the WHO we are ranked 38th in life expectancy, behind Cuba. We must be doing something wrong.

Yes, many of those countries calculate life expectancy differently.
Some lie (cough) Cuba (cough).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- well , seems the answer is to go back to the old days , wouldn't that make sense Gipper ??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- well , seems the answer is to go back to the old days , wouldn't that make sense Gipper ??
Yes, but it won't happen. There are too many powerful and extremely wealthy interests that won't allow it and our wonderfully corrupt federal government is all about protecting those wealthy interests, rather than the American people.

Chop Shop Hospitals

Agreed but I don't think it can be disputed that the most expensive HC system in the world, doesn't increase longevity.

Agreed but I don't think it can be disputed that the most expensive HC system in the world, doesn't increase longevity.

I don't think it can be disputed that the most expensive HC system in the world

We have the best medicines and the best equipment. That costs money.

doesn't increase longevity.

It does.

It does.
Longevity has dropped in the US for the first time, in a long time.

Chop Shop Hospitals

So long as Congress has a different health care plan we will continue to get screwed.

It does.
Longevity has dropped in the US for the first time, in a long time.

For reasons having nothing to do with our healthcare system.

New Topics

Forum List

Back