Gomes, Gomes, Gone

Different game over there. Add the language and cultural barriers? I bet it's a tough transition. Same for when Japanese players come over here.

He never came off as a quitter or weak at heart before...

Different game over there. Add the language and cultural barriers? I bet it's a tough transition. Same for when Japanese players come over here.

He never came off as a quitter or weak at heart before...

Gomes is a vocal clubhouse presence, though, and it sounds like the language barrier proved too much.

“I hated not being able to talk to all my teammates because of the language,” Gomes told FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal after recently leaving the Rakuten Golden Eagles by mutual consent to return to the U.S. “I would just sit in front of my locker solo and sit in the dugout and couldn’t talk.

“The earthquake also was scary — if something happened, I couldn’t communicate. Everything else was awesome. Great team, city, food, all of the above.”

Jonny Gomes Leaves Japan, Returns To U.S. For Reason That Makes Total Sense

The articles didn't mention whether he made the slightest effort to learn the language.

The articles didn't mention whether he made the slightest effort to learn the language.
You seem pretty devastated by this. Perhaps you should take a moment for yourself.

Nope, but your trollful concern is appreciated every bit as much as it deserves.
Why are you so upset a mediocre player who went to Japan and was even less successful decided to leave?

Who said I was "upset," troll? It was just an interesting story. You were obviously interested.

You seem pretty devastated by this. Perhaps you should take a moment for yourself.

Nope, but your trollful concern is appreciated every bit as much as it deserves.
Why are you so upset a mediocre player who went to Japan and was even less successful decided to leave?

Who said I was "upset," troll? It was just an interesting story. You were obviously interested.
Oh so calling a weak hearted quitter was just a display of apathy. Gotcha.

It certainly isn't because the people there hate Americans...

It was an observation, and one you didn't read very carefully, troll.

Okay weirdo

Okay weirdo
He likes you, even though the affection is some what abusive..

Forum List

Back