Golfer in Chief. Obama hits milestone

I remember when LOLberals whined, moaned and complained about Bush vacations and gollfing. It's is different now though. We've got 5 wars insteaad of two, massive economic woes and a wasted 3 1/2 years of presidency.

Do we need to compare Obama vacation time to Bush vacation time again?

The difference is in the whining abotu it. LOLberals love a good reason to whine, moan and complain. As long as Obama can sign exec orders skirting the legislation process, it's all good, right LOLberals?

Obama invented executive orders now?

Golfer in Chief? Obama Hits 100th Time on the Links

CHICAGO - President Barack Obama's love of golf hit a milestone today as he marked his 100th time on the links. His Father's Day achievement was reached at the Beverly Country Club in his hometown, the windy city.

Mark Knoller, CBS radio correspondent and chronicler of all things presidential, pointed out the quiet occasion to the traveling press.

Like 15 of the 18 presidents since Theodore Roosevelt, Obama has used golf as a way to unwind outdoors, but away from the prying eyes of press and onlookers. And despite the fact that he had never golfed before taking office, his love of the game is well known.

On warm-weather weekends he frequently visits two courses in the Washington area, Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland and Fort Belvoir in Virginia. Typically close friends or junior aides join him as partners, as was the case today when he brought Marty Nesbitt, a chum and neighbor from this city.

EDITED FOR LENGTH: MODERATION TEAM

Golfer in Chief? Obama Hits 100th Time on the Links | ABC News - Yahoo!

Three times more then Bush :eek: in less then half the time in office :confused:

But which White House occupant was the most devout golfer? George W. Bush was a fan but only hit the links 24 times in his eight years. Golf Digest considers Clinton about par with Obama, the Democrat known to even practice his putting aboard Air Force One. But they don't even come close to the true Golfer in Chief.

How many more times did Bush fish than Obama?

bushsrbushjr.jpg

Now, explain how a president fishing is different than a president golfing

CHICAGO - President Barack Obama's love of golf hit a milestone today as he marked his 100th time on the links. His Father's Day achievement was reached at the Beverly Country Club in his hometown, the windy city.

Mark Knoller, CBS radio correspondent and chronicler of all things presidential, pointed out the quiet occasion to the traveling press.

Like 15 of the 18 presidents since Theodore Roosevelt, Obama has used golf as a way to unwind outdoors, but away from the prying eyes of press and onlookers. And despite the fact that he had never golfed before taking office, his love of the game is well known.

On warm-weather weekends he frequently visits two courses in the Washington area, Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland and Fort Belvoir in Virginia. Typically close friends or junior aides join him as partners, as was the case today when he brought Marty Nesbitt, a chum and neighbor from this city.

Definitely an impeachable offense. :cuckoo:
The GOP should charge him with the high crime of playing golf on his free time.

Definitely an impeachable offense. :cuckoo:
The GOP should charge him with the high crime of playing golf on his free time.

Freedom is not free. It costs. When ya think how much of PoleRiders money is wasted on Obama's golf junkets accross the Potomac.. Well ....I NEVER!!!

Watch the embarrassed Obamabots try and spin this one. Should be fun. ;)

Let's see?

100 rounds of golf in three and a half years comes out to around two rounds of golf a month. I can see why conservatives are outraged

What did he shoot?

6-8 hours a day? That is over 10 months! The OUTRAGE!!!!

On golf...

"It's the only time that for six hours, I'm outside," Obama told CBS News, adding that it's one of the few times in the presidency "where you almost feel normal ... you're out of the container."

Man-child bowls too...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Bx5dOmV-8]Barack Obama Bowling for Voters -- He's Not that Good! - YouTube[/ame]

And here is getting booed and throwing like a girly-man.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ftnSTu-CM]Raw Video: Obama Throws Out First Pitch - YouTube[/ame]

Flashback: Axelrod called Bush 'out of touch' for playing Golf in bad Economy

Video from 1994 has surfaced of David Axelrod, President Obama’s chief campaign strategist, calling former President George H.W. Bush “out of touch” for “tastelessly” playing golf while trying to convince voters that the economy is improving.

“Bush tastelessly did it, often from the ninth hole, and from the cigar boat and other places,” Axelrod said.

Added the adviser: “The impression you got was that he was out of touch.”

Throughout his presidency, Obama has been known to hit the links nearly every week.

Axelrod explained in the 1994 interview that if “you cite these statistics that say the economy is improving, you almost do political damage to yourself.”

“If you stand up and claim great progress, you are only frustrating this alienated middle class more,” he said.

Read more: Flashback: Axelrod called Bush

Let's see?

100 rounds of golf in three and a half years comes out to around two rounds of golf a month. I can see why conservatives are outraged

What did he shoot?

Exactly! There is no golf without signed scorecards!

PS...Me...I hate it when I hit a milestone golfing. I prefer to keep the ball in the fairway..

Just sayin...:eusa_whistle:

Do the math - 100 rounds of golf at six hours per round (as he can't golf worth a shit) is FOUR MONTHS out of the office.

Next, factor in all of his vacations and add that to the four months...

Do the math. Eight hours of sleep a night for the past three years is ONE YEAR out of the office!

Golfing during a terrible Economy is a good thing now for Democrat Bots. Gee, go figure?

Apparently of the 100, Obama has only golfed 8 times this yea b/c he's busy being the campaigner in chief.

So when Romney runs for re-election, he won't leave the White House? Is that the bar you are trying to set here?

Yes, and you wingnuts bitched hysterically 24/7 over it.

No I didn't.

Now you're suddenly all for playing Golf during a terrible Economy. You Bots are such a disgrace.

What's a disgrace is how pathetic you are. You are so desperate. What an earthshaking subject, the President went golfing! I guess he should be at the White House watching a ball game and choking on a pretzel instead, eh?

You are no less an asshole for this than the liberals were for attacking Bush and his vacations.

Jesus, these shitty little topics about the President and his family's leisure time. What class you hypocritical little people have.

Apparently of the 100, Obama has only golfed 8 times this year b/c he's busy being the campaigner in chief.

So when Romney runs for re-election, he won't leave the White House? Is that the bar you are trying to set here?

Is that what I said or even eluded to? Try again.

Just calling you on your hypocritical bullshit. Don't pretend that isn't what you were saying. It's obvious.

When you dweebs set a bar like that, I will hit you with it.

Forum List

Back