*Golf Courses Making The Game For Rich People Only*

chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. Green fees are too freaking expensive.
2. Making it out of reach for regular people.
3. Used to be like that big time in the 60's and before, now its scary expensive to play golf.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Golf greens fees are a BARGAIN, compared to tickets to an NFL game or NBA game or NHL game or MLB game, plus the outrageous parking fees, plus the $10.00 beers and $6.00 hot dogs, and all the other over-priced crap.

Golf greens fees are a BARGAIN, compared to tickets to an NFL game or NBA game or NHL game or MLB game, plus the outrageous parking fees, plus the $10.00 beers and $6.00 hot dogs, and all the other over-priced crap.

That's true and the public courses are CHEAP and very nice courses too. During the summer, the greens fees drop to pennies on the dollar and you can play WITH CART for very very reasonable fees.

Well sure! If you want to play the "ritzy" ones.

But, cities and counties have courses that are open to the public and relatively inexpensive to play.

Parks and Recreation Municipal Golf Course Rates

Some of the less exclusive start at about $70, not including carts which are normally mandatory.

However, if you're retired military, there are hundreds of truly beautiful course all over the USA that are very inexpensive to play.

However, on one point, the cost of clubs and accessories certainly ain't cheap! :eusa_whistle:

Sorry bout that,

1. Green fees are too freaking expensive.
2. Making it out of reach for regular people.
3. Used to be like that big time in the 60's and before, now its scary expensive to play golf.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
This just in: Hobbies are often times expensive.

Ever bought and maintained so much as a small fishing boat and the tackle box to go with it?
Ever played amateur baseball or hockey?
Priced out ski equipment lately?
Priced out scuba gear lately?
Priced out paragliders and hang gliders lately?

If you think golf is too expensive, get a job as a caddy and play for free on Mondays.

Played golf for many years. Kept a personal membership at the club near my home and a business membership at a championship club about an hour away.

Quit around 2006. Just could not fucking stand the nouveaux cocksuckers taking up the game. Motherfuckers have NO IDEA about the etiquette of the game, especially letting faster play through.

The similar event caused me to sell the superglide about fifteen years ago. One day at a stoplight a soft-handed nautilus-buff lawyer on a big fat evo pulled up beside me and gave me the thumbs up smiling like he was onto something the whole time. Fucker wouldn't know what to do on a patch of gravel going a hundred drunk out of his mind. Sold the bike to my cousin within the month.

The world keeps getting smaller all right.

Played golf for many years. Kept a personal membership at the club near my home and a business membership at a championship club about an hour away.

Quit around 2006. Just could not fucking stand the nouveaux cocksuckers taking up the game. Motherfuckers have NO IDEA about the etiquette of the game, especially letting faster play through.
Worked a country club in Minneapolis for significant portions of three decades...The nouveaux riche are definitely fucking up a lot of great clubs.

Forum List

Back