Goldman and Sacks has great quater

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6bmEv2-rFA&feature=related]YouTube - President Bush's speech on the financial crisis 9/24/08 (1)[/ame]

What I want to know is how did GS have a good quarter. Did they make a profit selling junk bonds to the Treasury?

He wanted the 700 all at once, they gave it in traunches, Obama did the second traunch.

Bush made the mess and you could see the FEAR in his face when he announced they had to bail out the banks or we would have a depression.

Bush did not come up with the idea.

yeah just bush......:cuckoo:

What I want to know is how did GS have a good quarter. Did they make a profit selling junk bonds to the Treasury?

Bingo. This is the money that Goldman Sachs has been whining that the Treasury won't allow them to return. When in fact, they haven't even applied to return it and now we find that they don't have the liquidity to give it back, despite the talk. A smoke screen. A confidence game. "We're going to give this money back. We don't need it..........as soon as you believe this for long enough to buy some stock so we'll actually have the money to pay back"

The bail out whoever it belongs to isn't working. They had a good quarter because the stackmarket had a brief up tick at the end of it and they made money playing the market. Nothing else has change unemployment is still up most places.

Bush did do the right thing. He just looked into Pauson's eyes like he did with Putin and saw truth where there was none.

The big banks got to be too big and the political class was duped (again). The original and the model still in operation, is that what the banks were needs to continue.

I don't buy it. Nationalize them, break them up, and sell them back to the private sector. Through legislation, stop banks from ever becoming big enough to ruin the economy again.

Forum List

Back