golden age of computers is over

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
The people who invented computers had a libertarian mind set.
Everything the computer could do was intended to be free.
Bill Gates literally walked into becoming the richest man in the world because other people wouldn't take IBMs money to monopolize

I canceled my internet because they demanded 60 bucks per month and have an attitude like they don't give a fk
The truth was I planned for it to be temporary, but I haven't missed it at all.(I just have phone internet)
It's in believable, they don't give a crap about user accessibility, or fixing errors that arise.
No access to files on your own phone, no way to delete apps.
No restore discs for computers...
No clear descriptions of products...
Incompetent tech support.
Companies hiding their phone numbers..
Now, everyone has their dishwasher hooked up to the internet, they don't give a crap about anything other than collecting money

Bill Gates literally walked into becoming the richest man in the world because other people wouldn't take IBMs money to monopolize

I canceled my internet because they demanded 60 bucks per month and have an attitude like they don't give a fk
The truth was I planned for it to be temporary, but I haven't missed it at all.(I just have phone internet)
It's in believable, they don't give a crap about user accessibility, or fixing errors that arise.
Now, everyone has their dishwasher hooked up to the internet, they don't give a crap about anything other than collecting money
al-gore.jpg

I did some of that original coding and I did not get rich! I intended to make money it was hard work. I thank god for mans lazyness everyday! Almost every back door I created then still exists today. Thank you copy and paste!

Sure buddy, let's have some brandy this time....

I did some of that original coding and I did not get rich! I intended to make money it was hard work. I thank god for mans lazyness everyday! Almost every back door I created then still exists today. Thank you copy and paste!
Don't you miss the old days of mainframe destruction through the back door?

Shutting one down is not the most damaging, I prefered putting small errors in so they had to fix every thing they sent out. Way bigger issue than shutting down. B ack doors are still all over the place , if I wnat in it is just a matter of time!

Shutting one down is not the most damaging, I prefered putting small errors in so they had to fix every thing they sent out. Way bigger issue than shutting down. B ack doors are still all over the place , if I wnat in it is just a matter of time!
Do they still make random address generators?

yes, all that old code exists still today from people taking short cuts of copying and pasting old code. Any loop or code you can think of can be found on open source and math labs at universities. Hell I just replaced a grocery store chains software they were still using windows 3.1. All those old ftp protocalls can be called at any time. All that is still in the miocrosoft reference library and still can be called upon in windows at any time.

yes, all that old code exists still today from people taking short cuts of copying and pasting old code. Any loop or code you can think of can be found on open source and math labs at universities. Hell I just replaced a grocery store chains software they were still using windows 3.1. All those old ftp protocalls can be called at any time. All that is still in the miocrosoft reference library and still can be called upon in windows at any time.
Yeah, it's been a long time since FORTRAN Classes..My last was Window 95...But basic is still used so it's easier than one may think.

Yeah, it's been a long time since FORTRAN Classes..My last was Window 95...But basic is still used so it's easier than one may think.
Fortran is still in heavy use for mathmatical computations today. I still use the old comma delimited databasing becuase it is so much simpler, comm del does not care if the entry is long,short, or any other thing it just sits between it delimiter, count the right amount of commas and it returns the right answer. So much simpler!

Fortran is still in heavy use for mathmatical computations today. I still use the old comma delimited databasing becuase it is so much simpler, comm del does not care if the entry is long,short, or any other thing it just sits between it delimiter, count the right amount of commas and it returns the right answer. So much simpler!
I had to take it for an electronic engineering degree..I was so used to doing it in my head I never felt the need to have a computer do it.

I am ready to have a database and a processor installed in the part of my brain that is not used much, pretty much all of it since becoming a senior citizen, golden years my ass..

I am ready to have a database and a processor installed in the part of my brain that is not used much, pretty much all of it since becoming a senior citizen, golden years my ass..
Ya,old sucks! The last time I was single I would walk into the bars and women would buy me drinks, now they try to help me cross the street.

Ya,old sucks! The last time I was single I would walk into the bars and women would buy me drinks, now they try to help me cross the street.
Sucks..
I would certainly rather have the drinks and what came after. I can get across the street by my slef thank you!

Sucks..
I would certainly rather have the drinks and what came after. I can get across the street by my slef thank you!
Do they give jaywalking tickets to seniors with a walker?

New Topics

Forum List

Back