Gold comes from outerspace

Dr Gregg

Rookie
Jan 28, 2010
Interesting show about gold on "HOw the EArth was made" on history channel last night with some things I didn't know about.

First off, gold was deposited in little particles all over the earth when the earth was being formed from an exploding star. It can't react with anything other than other gold particles. There essenitially gold everywhere, but deposits of gold that have come together is what many people have mined. Gets deposited in curves on river banks, and near fissure in the earth where hot water/magma come up. Pretty cool

so anybody who has gold, that gold has not been changed for millions and millions of years.

How about the mining of asteroids for Gold and nickel, does that fit in this thread or should it be a separate thread?

Actually, all the heavier elements are only made from "exploded" stars. That means all of us are made from "stardust". I would rather come from a "super nova" than be "shimmered into being" from a pile of dirt.

Actually, all the heavier elements are only made from "exploded" stars. That means all of us are made from "stardust". I would rather come from a "super nova" than be "shimmered into being" from a pile of dirt.

I dunno, Right wing pundits make me lean toward the theory that they are made from piles of dirt.

You say gold comes from outer space. All of the wife's gold seems to come from the jewelry store.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

NO ONE said we were made from dirt.....star dust is dust.

;)

Pretty cool stuff when you think about it:

It is impossible to speculate which specific supernovae created the heavy elements that ended up in a specific solar system; the heavy elements that are in your body and in objects around you, are the products of many different supernovae over many millions of years all over the Galaxy.

Background: Dispersion of Elements

Forum List

Back