Gold and Silver is the way to go

Gold has essentially no industrial use. It is a nice, shiny, yellow metal. It is only valuable because we "say" it is.

This is simply not true.

Gold is one of the best conductors of all metals. It also has enormous heat retention capabilities, and radiation reflection capabilities too. And maybe most importantly, it last forever. It does not rust and rot away like most other metals do. Some day we will abandon it as any kind of monetary specie, jewelry, etc, and utilize it for its most important aspects.

How much of gold production is used by industry? Don't bother trying to tell me, I already know -70% of gold is used to make jewelery, 20% is used for investment purposes (bars, coins etc..) and 10% is for industrial applications.

if your figures are accurate, that still makes it more than a pretty shiny yellow metal.

This is simply not true.

Gold is one of the best conductors of all metals. It also has enormous heat retention capabilities, and radiation reflection capabilities too. And maybe most importantly, it last forever. It does not rust and rot away like most other metals do. Some day we will abandon it as any kind of monetary specie, jewelry, etc, and utilize it for its most important aspects.

How much of gold production is used by industry? Don't bother trying to tell me, I already know -70% of gold is used to make jewelery, 20% is used for investment purposes (bars, coins etc..) and 10% is for industrial applications.

if your figures are accurate, that still makes it more than a pretty shiny yellow metal.

Not really. Especially when compared to the other "precious metals". Look at palladium for instance: It is used in Autos, Electronics, dentistry, Chemicals, Fuel cells, oil refining, polyester, photography, water treatment, and medicine. Fully 95% of the palladium mined each year is used in industrial applications and less than 5% is used for jewelry, bars, and coins. It is not dependent upon hype to maintain it's value. If no jewelry was ever made again with palladium, the price would barely budge. With Gold it is exactly the opposite. It's a nice shiny metal with practically no industrial value. Fear and hype have priced it into bubble territory.

Last edited:
Precious Metals Manipulation: Lawyers Prepare for Battle -- Seeking Alpha

There is a reason people like Beck are hawking gold on TV folks.

it time to sell your gold and silver

Wow. This should be interesting and, if true, devastating to a lot of small time investors who always get screwed in the end of these scams (they are last in line at bankruptcy court).

It reminds me of a cattle scam I heard about.

They guy would sell people cattle the he kept on his land and fed. When people wanted to come look at their cattle, that was no problem. He take them out on the farm and show them their 50 head (or whatever). It only got complicated when two sets of investors showed up at once and realized they both owned the same 50 head of cattle.

He was selling the same cow as many times as he could get away with.

Which is why Glen Beck is hawking gold.

Hes fucking the people who support him.

They will be left holding the paper and he will have the gold

Which is why Glen Beck is hawking gold.

Hes fucking the people who support him.

They will be left holding the paper and he will have the gold

Yeah, other than being a paid spokesman for "Swiss America" or whatever, doesn't he have some sort of ownership stake?

Hey, if there is a dragnet, maybe it will catch a bottom feeder like Beck.

If not, the upside is this: more Beck hysterical crying fits.

Gold has essentially no industrial use. It is a nice, shiny, yellow metal. It is only valuable because we "say" it is.

This is simply not true.

Why does it matter what is used NOW? Gold, compared to all other metals, has practically the most industrial value. The fact that it's still revered as jewelry and money is the main reason it's NOT used in industry.

But as I said in my previous post, someday it will be abandoned as jewelry and money and be utilized for its most important aspects.

I think this alone is why it continues to hold value. It is simply NOT just a pretty shiny yellow metal. I suggest you study gold, because I suspect you don't know very much about the actual metal itself besides its investment value.

And I keep theorizing that there is a vein of gold so large just east of the Rocky Mountains that it will quadruple the known amount of gold ever mined in just one year of mining. Boy would that wreck havoc with gold prices around the world.

Forum List

Back