Gol Disaster [Since 2006] [The results]

marcell

E é assim que é!
Apr 28, 2010
São Paulo
Some dialogs are in english. It worths to watch till the end. Most of it is in portuguese, but you may understand it perfectly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifTaHh-tsRU&feature=related]EXCLUSIVO! Últimos diálogos dos pilotos do Legacy, acidente GOL1907 - YouTube[/ame]

This jet hit a boeing 737, with 154 people. The airplane was already in pieces when touched the ground. All the 154 died horribly.

The TCAS (kinda radar, that works for making sure that there won't be a crash), was off (in the jet). The american pilots were prosecuted for criminal acts. They did not pilot the plane well and because of thei lack of knowledge about the jet, 154 people died. A brazilian judge considered them guilty. But they were convicted to make social services in USA. Anyone here, that drives a car or pilot an helicopter without the right knowledge to this or having a negligente conduct, can be convicted to years of jail. But the american pilots were comfortably convicted to stay home.

Wikileaks published a file showing that american diplomats and some brazilian politicians were working to be sure that the pilots would get back to USA and wouldn't suffer any harm or heavy conviction.

People said here that if it was the opposite (2 brazilian pilots that killed 154 american citizens), they'd be in jail for life.

I've been reading some news about this crash and about the trial. I saw it in a comment "That judge probably knows as much about aviation as a Hollywood moviemaker...next to nothing. The crew deserves a distinguished flying cross for their heroic efforts in saving the 7 aboard the bizjet."

Heroic? Their lack of responsability killed 154 people. Is it heroic?

What do you think about it? I'd like to see some opinions here. But as humans, not just american nationalists. What do you think about this lack of punishment and the protection of two american pilots instead of 154 lost lives?

Hey Marcell! I actually have relatives that live in Sao Paulo, you probably know them! (Just kidding!) :lol:

Forum List

Back