Going Used Car Shopping

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
We're looking for something with a 3rd row seat. We're kinda leaning towards the SUV's (but thats not set in stone). We have narrowed it down to a few models that probably will fit within our budget:

Ford Explorer
Nissan Pathfinder
Chevy Tahoe
Ford Expedition
Dodge Durango
Chrysler Pacifica
Chevy Trailblazer

Anyone have anything good/bad to say about 'em? We're looking to purchase sometime in the next 90 - 120 days.

Can't help you out on this one my friend, with my finances I am stuck with a Hyundai Getz and a roll-bar kids-dog cage in the hatch.

Can't help you out on this one my friend, with my finances I am stuck with a Hyundai Getz and a roll-bar kids-dog cage in the hatch.

Since I'm a cheap ass, I tried suggesting that.

My wife said I would be riding in the hatch then.

We're looking for something with a 3rd row seat. We're kinda leaning towards the SUV's (but thats not set in stone). We have narrowed it down to a few models that probably will fit within our budget:

Ford Explorer
Nissan Pathfinder
Chevy Tahoe
Ford Expedition
Dodge Durango
Chrysler Pacifica
Chevy Trailblazer

Anyone have anything good/bad to say about 'em? We're looking to purchase sometime in the next 90 - 120 days.

CarMax

I have a solution... Turn your kids over to the state and go out and buy a corvette. Just two seats. One for you. One for the Mrs. At first the kids will be pissed but in about 10 years or so they will slowly come back home. By then, they should have their own car.

Ford Explorer
Nissan Pathfinder
Chevy Tahoe
Ford Expedition
Dodge Durango
Chrysler Pacifica
Chevy Trailblazer

CarMax

Thanks, but not looking for a recommended dealer. Looking for basically personal reviews of the vehicles.

I've gone to Edmunds and such, but there's no telling if the reviews are written by actual owners or people looking to bump-up the ratings of each vehicle.

I have a solution... Turn your kids over to the state and go out and buy a corvette. Just two seats. One for you. One for the Mrs. At first the kids will be pissed but in about 10 years or so they will slowly come back home. By then, they should have their own car.

:thup:

I can't comment on your list cause I've never owned one, but. . . . we bought a Honda Pilot 5 years ago and love it. We had a 1992 Mercury Grand Marquix -:eek:- for 7 years w/three kids and really wanted third row seating. For obvious reasons (see the three kids reference in the previous sentence). Mini-vans were out cause, well, they're gay. We narrowed it down to a Toyota Highlander and the Pilot. The Pilot was much roomier inside, lots of head room (nice if you're tall), nicer features (the center console is fantastic) and the second and third rows both fold down. They also have a 60/40 split which gives you numerous options. And the seats fold down you don't have to remove them to fit something in. With a roof rack on top we can fit everything in for a week's stay at the shore . . . even the dog! Just figured I'd thrown in my 2 cents.

I can't comment on your list cause I've never owned one, but. . . . we bought a Honda Pilot 5 years ago and love it. We had a 1992 Mercury Grand Marquix -:eek:- for 7 years w/three kids and really wanted third row seating. For obvious reasons (see the three kids reference in the previous sentence). Mini-vans were out cause, well, they're gay. We narrowed it down to a Toyota Highlander and the Pilot. The Pilot was much roomier inside, lots of head room (nice if you're tall), nicer features (the center console is fantastic) and the second and third rows both fold down. They also have a 60/40 split which gives you numerous options. And the seats fold down you don't have to remove them to fit something in. With a roof rack on top we can fit everything in for a week's stay at the shore . . . even the dog! Just figured I'd thrown in my 2 cents.

My wife's sister owns one of those, and she loves it. Unfortunately it doesn't really fit within our budget. Since it's a Honda, a lower mileage version of it is just priced too high for us.

3 kids here as well. Thats why we're looking for a 3rd row. lol.

My wife's sister owns one of those, and she loves it. Unfortunately it doesn't really fit within our budget. Since it's a Honda, a lower mileage version of it is just priced too high for us.

3 kids here as well. Thats why we're looking for a 3rd row. lol.

I can tell you that the third row is wonderful. You can separate the kids out and reduce in-car fighting significantly. Good luck!

Forum List

Back