Going to New York next weekend!

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
Headed up to the Big Apple to visit with my daughter. Going to be there Friday to Monday.

My daughter can't take off work completely over the weekend so I'll have some time to myself to do some touristing.

Here in Florida, we have the place where the tourists go, and then we have the places where the locals go. I'm looking for restaurants and delis that serve great food but aren't necessarily on the tourist radar.

Anyone here from NYC?

I'm in NYC and would love to meet, but Im leaving for New Mexico and places west from 6/6-6/15

I assume you're coming in next week and not today, right?

heres a hint.....carmel car service from the airport....

forget the subway...nasty....so nasty.....we took cabs...interesting experience...

heres a hint.....carmel car service from the airport....

forget the subway...nasty....so nasty.....we took cabs...interesting experience...

I was planning on a cab from the airport to my hotel because my daughter can't be there at the time I arrive. Once I know what station my hotel is on, I have no problem with taking the subway. I rode them in Boston for a year while I was stationed there so I'm aware of them.

Headed up to the Big Apple to visit with my daughter. Going to be there Friday to Monday.

My daughter can't take off work completely over the weekend so I'll have some time to myself to do some touristing.

Here in Florida, we have the place where the tourists go, and then we have the places where the locals go. I'm looking for restaurants and delis that serve great food but aren't necessarily on the tourist radar.

Anyone here from NYC?

NYC's 2nd Ave Deli - New York's Finest Kosher Deli and Catering

Szechuan Gourmet - Midtown West - New York, NY

Best Italian Restaurants New York City, Italian Food, Cuisine, Pre-Theater Dinner, Post-Theater

o hell no ....i loved jekell and hyde...we were so damned drunk by the time we left.....there is a fountain across the road or near the place...i remember laying there talking about how drunk we were...apparently that is an oddity in nyc lol

i did not mind the dirty water dogs...but what yall think are onions is simply beyond me...i would ask for raw onions and get this red relish looking stuff.....i just tossed the entire dog...i would go to the next cart..ask if they had raw onions..they would say yes...and again it was that red relish crap lol

Looking for NYC's famous stacked pastrami sandwich...
The best burgers in town...
Fresh Jewish Rye and sourdough...

And I want to test a theory of mine that NY pizza isn't really better than the pizzas i can get here in Florida.

Also I will visit the diner that was featured in Seinfeld.

I already know where I can get the best steak, my daughter is a manager there.

Da Bronx. See a NY Yankee Game or go to Bronx Botanical Gardens is having their "Monet Gardens" exhibit. Then for lunch Dominick's Restaurant 2335 Arthur Ave., The Bronx, NY 10458. There is no menu, they only take cash, the seating is school cafeteria style with red plastic table clothe, the food is wonderful! I highly recommend Calabria Pork Stork, right across the street for meant and sausages especially if you've never entered an authentic pork store.

Anyone here from NYC?

Be careful.
Last time I was there - my wife and I were held up at gunpoint.

Anyone here from NYC?
Take the D to 86th in Brooklyn and get yourself a slice of the World's Finest pizza at L&B Spumoni Gardens.

Forum List

Back