Going to heaven is the only goal in the life of a human being that matters...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I think most people don't realize that.

So they spend their time thinking about how to advance their career, how to build their business, how to save up for retirement...

Even goals like getting married and having children are secondary...

The only person in the Bible who clarifies this lesson is Jesus Christ himself, who called the man a fool when he saved up and had excess stored in his barn, only to have his life end that very night.

no argument here except the religion of the Almighty is for all humanity to sink or swim together, all will be judged when all still living are the same there is no looking out for only oneself.

I think most people don't realize that.

So they spend their time thinking about how to advance their career, how to build their business, how to save up for retirement...

Even goals like getting married and having children are secondary...

The only person in the Bible who clarifies this lesson is Jesus Christ himself, who called the man a fool when he saved up and had excess stored in his barn, only to have his life end that very night.
That's why it's bad for a fundie religious person to become President. Because here on Earth, in reality, there actually are other things that matter.

What a sad little life...

Getting married
Getting educated
Curing diseases and creating innovation

A lot of things are important in life...I feel sorry if you want to live your life as the taliban does but not me.
Matthew, I guess my question is, after we die and we are either in heaven, hell or purgatory, what else will matter to us?

The people sharing hell with us will not care what we did in this life, what we invented, how much money we had, or how much power we wielded.

The people sharing heaven with us will only measure our lives by the good we did, and how much love we showed our fellow human beings. I think in heaven love will be the only currency, and the more we have given it away in life, the better off in heaven we will be.

In purgatory, we will only care about how long we have until we are allowed to leave.

All our efforts here on Earth that don't impact our life in the next world will ultimately amount to nothing.

What a sad little life...

Getting married
Getting educated
Curing diseases and creating innovation

A lot of things are important in life...I feel sorry if you want to live your life as the taliban does but not me.
Matthew, I guess my question is, after we die and we are either in heaven, hell or purgatory, what else will matter to us?

The people sharing hell with us will not care what we did in this life, what we invented, how much money we had, or how much power we wielded.

The people sharing heaven with us will only measure our lives by the good we did, and how much love we showed our fellow human beings. I think in heaven love will be the only currency, and the more we have given it away in life, the better off in heaven we will be.

In purgatory, we will only care about how long we have until we are allowed to leave.

All our efforts here on Earth that don't impact our life in the next world will ultimately amount to nothing.

Do you really think Matt wants to spend eternity with a bunch of abortion hating conservatives?

39d355a5112d56add823bf8e4e04b01c.jpg

I'm actually trying to have a serious discussion.

The problem I see with Christianity today is that it has become unfocused on what the real goal is, which is getting into heaven.

So Christians are focusing on advancing their career, making money, getting married, raising children, and really those are all goals that in the big scheme of things, don't really matter to God.

THE PROBLEM IS, WHAT ARE YOU CALLING HEAVEN.
The church teaches heaven is a kingdom in death, all religions teaching Egyptian underworld and greek death cultism of hades is leading people to death worship, whileJudaism and some Michaeline sects of Christianity teach heaven (Olam Habah=world to come) as a perfected Kingdom in Life.
When people died for the church or kings or radical orgs they were lead by this paradise in death as some reward in death, a place the King and Priests and Ayatollah were in no rush to go to themselves.
THEY Even FOUGHT AGAINST SENDING FETUSES STRAIGHT TO THIS KINGDOM,& that alone should send a wake up call to your rational thinking.
So using blanket terms like heaven should be cautious to what are you teaching as Heaven, and why change the original word
(olam habah)and meaning(world to come) if you claim to have the same Abrahamic religion and precepts? The wrong teaching=culture of death instead of the right teaching leading to a culture cherishing and appreciating life.
Deuteronomy\Devarim: 30:19 I call heaven
and earth to witness against you this
day, That I have set before you life and
death, the blessing and the curse;
Therefore choose life, that you may live, you and your children.

Jesus' message was simple and we are ignoring it. The only thing that matters to him is that we enter his kingdom. Nothing else matters, not money, not family, not place in society, nothing. We are supposed to sell everything we have and buy the "Pearl of Great Price." I think even the priests and ministers have forgotten the main thing, which is whether or not we go to heaven.

I asked a priest about this, the story about the rich man who was told he was supposed to sell all he had, give the money to the poor, and follow him. The rich man went away and did not do this. I asked the priest about this story, and the priest said, "That was the message to THAT man." What the priest was saying to me is that I did not have to do abandon everything, I could go on with my life, study law, become a lawyer, have children, make money, and live an ordinary life.

But I'm beginning to question that message. The Catholic Church has long ago decided that only a select few, priests, brothers, nuns, have to abandon family life and live for God, but most Catholics can have ordinary lives, start families, have children, have secular jobs, and attend Mass on Sunday and give money in the basket. Is that really true? Because Jesus didn't say that some people should follow him the way he said in the Gospels, but most people didn't have to.

I know it doesn't make sense, but what if we're all supposed to live like priests, brothers and nuns? I know it wouldn't work because the Christian faith would die out for lack of children. The Shakers lived like that, not ever having sex or children, and they long ago died out.

THE PROBLEM IS, WHAT ARE YOU CALLING HEAVEN.
The church teaches heaven is a kingdom in death, all religions teaching Egyptian underworld and greek death cultism of hades is leading people to death worship, whileJudaism and some Michaeline sects of Christianity teach heaven (Olam Habah=world to come) as a perfected Kingdom in Life.
When people died for the church or kings or radical orgs they were lead by this paradise in death as some reward in death, a place the King and Priests and Ayatollah were in no rush to go to themselves.
THEY Even FOUGHT AGAINST SENDING FETUSES STRAIGHT TO THIS KINGDOM,& that alone should send a wake up call to your rational thinking.
So using blanket terms like heaven should be cautious to what are you teaching as Heaven, and why change the original word
(olam habah)and meaning(world to come) if you claim to have the same Abrahamic religion and precepts? The wrong teaching=culture of death instead of the right teaching leading to a culture cherishing and appreciating life.
Deuteronomy\Devarim: 30:19 I call heaven
and earth to witness against you this
day, That I have set before you life and
death, the blessing and the curse;
Therefore choose life, that you may live, you and your children.
HaShev, I never understand what you're trying to say. Are you saying there is no heaven after we die, the only heaven there is in this life? If that's what you believe, then that's fine, but Jesus Christ did not teach that.

1) you let affiliation (being Catholic) cloud your ability to see and reason outside the box they set you in.
2)your teachings actually teach both sides of the fence. This is because in compiling ideologies they compiled Judaic with Greek, Egyptian, and other pagan beliefs.
When borrowing the teaching of resurrection from an OT Rabbi named Yohoshua ben Channiah they give Jesus the resurrection teaching of the Jews =that your reward for leaving the world better was to "return" (in Hebrew=hashev) to a perfected better world=future paradise=world to come.
But the other side of the fence they also taught Egyptian underworld and greek death cultism that somehow in death(opposite the creators creation) was some better life in death=(adversary concept to creator's creation).
They did so to bring in the many mystery religions using the reward in death to entice unsuspecting idiots to die for their kings.
There's 2 opposite teachings there, one good and one evil. Look at history and todays Jihaadist the common thread is this teaching of reward in death and dying a martyr. Jim Jones, David Koresh, Applegate and Jesus lead followers to die, todays Jihaadist leaders do the same all through the same false promise warned in Genesis.
We were warned in the beginning:
"You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. (Gen 3:4)
Same promises as the new texts:
From the followers who call hanging on a tree, the cross; Jesus; “believe in my cross (tree) and you will not die”
So do you believe the false prophet Jesus?
But Bel-Lie-Eve in him and you will surely die with him.... books of Matthew and Thomas Jesus said, "He who seeks to save his life will lose it." And
"Unless the seed die it cannot bring forth fruit."
=death cultism. Didn't Applegate, David Koresh, Jim Jones get through to them in showing RESEMBLENCES?

haShev, it seems that you have a lot of knowledge, but have a difficult time communicating what you know.

But, I will say this: Jesus is not a false prophet, you're not going to convince me he is.

Jesus Christ performed many miracles so that there would be no doubt who he is, and he performed these miracles in front of thousands of witnesses.

Also, he died on a cross, and rose from the dead. No other historical figure has been able to come back from the dead, not even great Old Testament figures like Abraham, Joseph, Moses, David, Elijah.

Mohammed did not come back from the dead either, and neither did Joseph Smith or Martin Luther.

No other historical figure has been able to come back from the dead.
You "inadvertantly" admitted he was not a historical figure, because the death and resurrection scene is borrowed from Baal worship as is the sun cross and the Dec 25th birthdate.
now in the British
Museum in which the 900bc Assyrian tablet on the Babylonian myth of Bel (Baal in
Hebrew) is described in a passion play in which:
(1) Bel is taken prisoner;
(2) Bel is tried in a great hall;
(3) Bel is smitten;
(4) Bel is led away to the Mount (a sacred grove on a
hilltop);
(5) with Bel are taken two malefactors, one of whom is
released;
(6) After Bel has gone to the Mount and is executed,
the city breaks into tumult;
(7) Bel's clothes are carried away;
(8.) Bel goes down into the Mount and disappears from
life;
(9) weeping women seek Bel at the Tomb;
(10) Bel is brought back to life.

You say he was crucified yet your NT says slew (stoned) and hanged. The characters crucified were Yehuda of Galilee (6bc) and Theudas by the Jordan [45ad], however it was 100bc character Yeshu son of Mary stoned and hanged on Passover around 85bc.
Sources:
Acts 5:30 "Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree" Acts 10:39 "whom they slew and hanged on a tree" Acts 13:29 "they took him down from the tree" 1 Peter 2:24 "who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree" Galatians 3:13 "Christ... being made a curse upon us... Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree"

The only historical christ figure in the AD era in the time of Pilate was Theudas by the Jordan (died 45ad)who's apostles were martyrs. That can't be the same figure Yehuda of Galilee in the time of Herod(died 4bc) and Lysanias (35bc) who was a tax revolter talking about Rome's taxes in the NT and the one Bill O'Reilly uses for his book.

NT contradicts where the Christ first meets Shimon (each era christ had a Shimon) so the NT accidentally reveals the conflicting locations of the 2 christs and Shimons;
(a) By the sea of Galilee
(Matthew 4:18-22).
(b) On the banks of river Jordan
(John 1:42).
Josephus : on Yehuda the Galilean and the similar confused named thief murderer Yehuda the Galionite(used for the table turners & Jesus Barabbas scenes):
Book 18 chapter 1 is where the heart of the info on the tax revolt and teaching of the crucified Yehuda of Galilee is mentioned.
NOTE: Luke mentions him once, in
Acts 5:37, and Josephus several times, once here, sect. 6; and B. XX. ch. 5. sect. 2; Of the War, B. II. ch. 8. sect. 1; and ch. 17. sect. 8, calls this Judas, who was the pestilent author of that seditious doctrine and temper which brought the Jewish nation to utter destruction, a Galilean; but here (sect. 1) Josephus calls him a Gaulonite, of the city of Gamala; it is a great question where this Judas was born, whether in Galilee on the west side, or in Gaulonitis on the east side, of the river Jordan; while, in the place just now cited out of the Antiquities, B. XX. ch. 5. sect. 2, he is not only called a Galilean, but it is added to his story, "as I have signified in the books that go before these," as if he had still called him a Galilean in those Antiquities before, as well as in that particular place, as Dean Aldrich observes, Of the War, B. II. ch. 8. sect. 1.
Neither the Herod era christ nor AD Pilate era Christ have anything to do with the half Roman who the Harlot Church preferred Yeshu son of Mary of 100bc Who is the one the NT says was slew(stoned)and hanged (not crucified like the other 2 were) "on Passover"
sources on Yeshu:
"Will the Real Jesus Please Stand Up?"by John Blanchard

philosopher Celsus (178 CE) Christian writer Epiphanius (c.320-403 CE), the Christian apologist Origen (c.185-254 CE) Within the Talmud Shabbos 104, the gemara explicitly discusses the mother being Stada and the father being Pandera. Jerusalem Talmud (Avodah Zerah II 40d)and in the Tosefta on Hullin II, and (Sanhedrin 43a & 67a). This story is further expanded upon in the Tosefta and Baraitas.
2 accounts:
-Dr. Franz Hartman -
& Gerald Massey's Lectures Originally published in a private edition c. 1900

According to the Babylonian Gemara to the Mishna of Tract "Shabbath," this Jehoshua, the son of Pandira and Stada, was stoned to death as a wizard, in the city of Lud, or Lydda,

Jesus ben Stada (or Pandera) was placed
in the time period of about 90 B.C. in Lydda, a town Peter is said tohave visited in Acts.
In Fact; The early church father Epiphanius around 400 said Pandera was the grandfather of Jesus.

Even the claim that Jesus fulfilled
Zech 12:10 is validating my assertion because the Tanakh version clearly shows
2 seperate people one piercedn but the other one (confused for) being mourned.
The church in fallaciously placing Jesus anywhere the OT says pierced, messed up big time in claiming Zech 12:10 about Jesus because it ckaims they have a mistaking identity chrisis and are mourning the wrong christ. Jesus is not a singular character he's a combined one and I give sources and evidence on the compilation in my response to Ding manuscript argument I think in his why was he born thread (my huge post regarding plagiarism).
None of my proof evidence and sources have ever been refuted by any theologian scholar or pastor or priest. In fact much of it is agreed by Cardinals like
Cardinal Newman writing similar facts themselves and strange Pope admissions by various Popes.

Here is the problem... We are in heaven or we are in hell... We make either heaven or hell in this life not some pie in the sky false promise.. That is why the people in this world are so messed up because they have bought into a dream.. That is why the snake charmers and slick oil salesman do so well because they know people are basically dreamers and are lazy and will not put the effort into making things better in the here or now if they are sold a false sense of security for tomorrow.. It is only the few that make things better for the many that have dragged mankind with them slowly and with much resistance because of the silly teachings that have held the majority back....

Well said.

This would be a good place for me to post what they teach is opposite the word:

Heaven is this earth (but they say sky):

(Ecclesiastes 1:4) (Psalm 37:22) (Psalm 37:34) (Psalms 37:29)
(Proverbs 10:30) (KJV:22) (Isaiah 24:21-23) (Isaiah 25:8) (Matt 16:18)

Mishnah: Israel will have a portion in the world to come, for it is written,"Thy people are all righteous; they shall inherit the land forever,(heaven on earth) the branch of my planting, the work of My hands, that I may be glorified.'

Death is final rest back to the dust of the earth (but they say sky):

"All go to the same place; all originate
from dust and all return to dust." Ecc 3:20

THE CREATOR IS NOT A MAN (but they picture him as one):

G0D himself says that "G0D is not a man" (in Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9).
'You're not to paint a picture of spiritual beings.'

THE MESSIAH TO COME, IS BUT A MAN (NOT A GOD OR DIRECT SON OF GOD):

"And a right Prophet (Prophet of Righteousness ) will the Lord your God give you, a Prophet from among you, of your brethren."

"...out of thee(MAN) shall come forth unto me a Judge to be Ruler in Israel,and this is the King Messiah."

Forum List

Back