Going to give Apple a try.

I've been a windows user from the beginning,but after going through three mid range laptops in just over a year and having iphones that never fail I've decided to go to the dark side. Or the hipster side as it were.
Any advice from MacBook Pro users on making the switch a little less painful?

Please switch to Apple. The Millennial cycle will be complete.

You're not calling me a millennial I hope.
If you are acting like one yes I am.

Hmmmm....care to explain?

All that MS-hostility. You don´t like tiles? Don´t use them. MS is forcing a software upon you? Wake up.

Big bashing on MS each day. But when Ubuntu isn´t democracy and not voting on design decisions and users aren´t relevant, nothing is going to be posted here.
Criticism isn't hostility. And Linux is FAR more customizable than windows. And FYI Microsoft got to be the giant they are by forcing software on people, namely computer manufacturers.

All that MS-hostility. You don´t like tiles? Don´t use them. MS is forcing a software upon you? Wake up.

Big bashing on MS each day. But when Ubuntu isn´t democracy and not voting on design decisions and users aren´t relevant, nothing is going to be posted here.
Worried about your M$ stock falling.......?

:lmao:
No. I don´t purchase stocks. I am just wondering what MS has done to the Linux refugees.
They came out with Windows 8......... You might like it but you're in the minority.
Most users don't know how or want to "customize" their OS so they feel stuck with tiles. While the Metro interface is great for some (tablet and phone users) it sucks for most using laptops and desktops.
From what I've seen Win 10 is a half assed compromise that will not satisfy either group. I don't have a problem with M$, I just know what I like and what I don't like and I don't like Win 8.1 for many reasons, give me a pure Win 7/XP style interface and I'll be happy, I'm not a tablet user.
Honestly, those who hate the tiles but are to dumb to seek for a solution, deserve the tiles. I am offering a collection of tools helping to customize Windows 8. One can easily download and use that tools. Simple google searches will lead to the same tools, as well. Some are paid, however. So people better get it from the support thread.

Criticism isn't hostility. And Linux is FAR more customizable than windows.
There are third party tools helping to customize Windows. If Linux is so great, why does Vista have more users than all free Linux distros together?

And FYI Microsoft got to be the giant they are by forcing software on people, namely computer manufacturers.
How is that possible? Did they send armed rebels to the manufacturers?

No. I don´t purchase stocks. I am just wondering what MS has done to the Linux refugees.
They came out with Windows 8......... You might like it but you're in the minority.
Most users don't know how or want to "customize" their OS so they feel stuck with tiles. While the Metro interface is great for some (tablet and phone users) it sucks for most using laptops and desktops.
From what I've seen Win 10 is a half assed compromise that will not satisfy either group. I don't have a problem with M$, I just know what I like and what I don't like and I don't like Win 8.1 for many reasons, give me a pure Win 7/XP style interface and I'll be happy, I'm not a tablet user.
Honestly, those who hate the tiles but are to dumb to seek for a solution, deserve the tiles. I am offering a collection of tools helping to customize Windows 8. One can easily download and use that tools. Simple google searches will lead to the same tools, as well. Some are paid, however. So people better get it from the support thread.
Missed the point completely didn'tcha. Nobody cares what you like or think they should or shouldn't do, you'd make a horrible marketer. People want what they want and want it to work the way they want it and should not have to adapt it to their needs, especially operating systems since the VAST majority of users don't have a clue how it works anyway.
You cater to the customer, not the other way around.

Missed the point completely didn'tcha. Nobody cares what you like or think they should or shouldn't do, you'd make a horrible marketer. People want what they want and want it to work the way they want it and should not have to adapt it to their needs, especially operating systems since the VAST majority of users don't have a clue how it works anyway.
There´s another simple solution: Don´t use Windows 8.
Those, who don´t appreciate my work to collect and provide that useful tools and prefer to flame around instead can suck my ass. You know? Actually, people might find it easier to install startisback and have all problems solved within a minute than changing the operating system. This means helping and not telling them to install any Linux distro to get rid of the tiles.
The solutions for Windows 8 issues are there and they are of excellent quality. So all that crying about the tiles is just bullshit.

Those, who don´t appreciate my work to collect and provide that useful tools and prefer to flame around instead can suck my ass. You know? Actually, people might find it easier to install startisback and have all problems solved within a minute than changing the the operating system. This means helping and not telling them to install any Linux distro to get rid of the tiles.
Ya know what, you really are an idiot. Again, at least 80% of Windows users don't what to learn how to adapt to Windows 8 and they shouldn't have to, they want their Win 7 and XP interfaces. Microsoft should cater to that. If you don't like it too fucking bad, it's your problem.

Those, who don´t appreciate my work to collect and provide that useful tools and prefer to flame around instead can suck my ass. You know? Actually, people might find it easier to install startisback and have all problems solved within a minute than changing the operating system. This means helping and not telling them to install any Linux distro to get rid of the tiles.
The solutions for Windows 8 issues are there and they are of excellent quality. So all that crying about the tiles is just bullshit.
Here, let me help you out.
Buy it and read it.
Introduction to Marketing - Johan Strydom - Google Books

Those, who don´t appreciate my work to collect and provide that useful tools and prefer to flame around instead can suck my ass. You know? Actually, people might find it easier to install startisback and have all problems solved within a minute than changing the the operating system. This means helping and not telling them to install any Linux distro to get rid of the tiles.
Ya know what, you really are an idiot. Again, at least 80% of Windows users don't what to learn how to adapt to Windows 8 and they shouldn't have to, they want their Win 7 and XP interfaces. Microsoft should cater to that. If you don't like it too fucking bad, it's your problem.
I know that those tiles are a mess. Microsoft´s attempt to unify mobile and desktop systems is a logic step, however. But the good thing of the Metro UI is, that someone, I think he´s an asshole, created a wonderful startmenu: Startisback, making Windows 8 better than 7.

Here's another book you should buy and read:

Introduction to Psychology Gateways to Mind and Behavior - Dennis Coon John Mitterer - Google Books

I know that those tiles are a mess. Microsoft´s attempt to unify mobile and desktop systems is a logic step, however. But the good thing of the Metro UI is, that someone, I think he´s an asshole, created a wonderful startmenu: Startisback, making Windows 8 better than 7.
But you're missing my point because you're upset at someone else. You should know as well as I that the vast majority of people have no clue when it comes to computers let alone operating systems and they don't want a clue. Since that's the primary market that's what you cater to if you're a smart business. Doesn't mean you don't innovate but don't try to sell your innovations to your complete customer base by forcing it on them. What I mean "by forcing" is if I want a new PC laptop I have to settle for Win 8.1 or pay extra to buy an old Win 7 OEM and load it on my new system which I did with this laptop I'm on right now. Guess what, the laptop is designed for Win 8.1 so I can't get the webcam to work. Again a design that forces me to use Win 8.1 if I want to use my webcam. That's not catering to the consumer.

But you're missing my point because you're upset at someone else. You should know as well as I that the vast majority of people have no clue when it comes to computers let alone operating systems and they don't want a clue. Since that's the primary market that's what you cater to if you're a smart business. Doesn't mean you don't innovate but don't try to sell your innovations to your complete customer base by forcing it on them. What I mean "by forcing" is if I want a new PC laptop I have to settle for Win 8.1 or pay extra to buy an old Win 7 OEM and load it on my new system which I did with this laptop I'm on right now. Guess what, the laptop is designed for Win 8.1 so I can't get the webcam to work. Again a design that forces me to use Win 8.1 if I want to use my webcam. That's not catering to the consumer.
This isn´t a point. Not MS but the manufacturer delivers Windows 8 with the computer. They also could offer the computer without any OS, as well. At least I would offer this with every computer. As for your webcam, I never heard about one that has drivers for a single OS, only. You further assume that most people have no clue about computers. I think, tiles fit best to those. Big fat tiles you cannot miss are the stupidest user´s best friends. Apart from this, Windows 8 is a normal OS with all its features.

This isn´t a point. Not MS but the manufacturer delivers Windows 8 with the computer. They also could offer the computer without any OS, as well. At least I would offer this with every computer. As for your webcam, I never heard about one that has drivers for a single OS, only. You further assume that most people have no clue about computers. I think, tiles fit best to those. Big fat tiles you cannot miss are the stupidest user´s best friends. Apart from this, Windows 8 is a normal OS with all its features.
The manufacturer delivers the computer, Windows stops selling the old OS to the manufacturer so the manufacturer is forced to load the new OS or sell it without an OS. Most users don't know how to load an OS and have no interest in learning, it's common human psychology. They want what they're used to, what works for them they don't want to learn something new and you, I and Microsoft shouldn't try to force them, it's not a smart business move, they don't want tiles or charms. I've said it numerous times, Microsoft should have seen what happened to Ubuntu with Unity and not gone that route but I assume Microsoft was too arrogant in it's leader position to see past their own collective noses.
Heck ya know what I miss the most that's not on Win 8.1? The old Microsoft games, the Solitaires, Hearts, etc, the crap they replaced them with is exactly that, crap.

The manufacturer delivers the computer, Windows stops selling the old OS to the manufacturer so the manufacturer is forced to load the new OS or sell it without an OS. Most users don't know how to load an OS and have no interest in learning, it's common human psychology. They want what they're used to, what works for them they don't want to learn something new and you, I and Microsoft shouldn't try to force them, it's not a smart business move, they don't want tiles or charms. I've said it numerous times, Microsoft should have seen what happened to Ubuntu with Unity and not gone that route but I assume Microsoft was too arrogant in it's leader position to see past their own collective noses.
Try to see that from a neutral view and you will find nothing special here. And even installing Windows is easy and requires not even prior knowledge. Who is too lazy to take care about the tiles, prefers the tiles in the end.

Try to see that from a neutral view and you will find nothing special here. And even installing Windows is easy and requires not even prior knowledge. Who is too lazy to take care about the tiles, prefers the tiles in the end.
Oh and I sent a link for the two books to the Microsoft design and marketing teams...........
I'm looking at it from a realistic neutral point of view, I understand human psychology, part of my background. People hate change in general, it's a well known, well documented aspect of the human psyche. Start talking with people outside of your sphere of influence (those who are not computer savvy) and you'll quickly realize for the most part they don't want to know. They want to push the power button and it comes on, when it powers up they want to see what they are familiar with, tiles and charms are foreign and a hindrance to what they want to do with their system. They don't want to reconfigure their computer to make it work the way they want, they want it to work the way they want right out of the box.
It's not about being easy for someone like you or I, it's that they don't see it that way, they don't get it and they don't want to get it, it's hard for them. Big deal, why should we care if they don't want to change, that's the point, it's smart business to cater to your customers wants and needs. Microsoft forgot how to do that.

Oh and I sent a link for the two books to the Microsoft design and marketing teams...........
I'm looking at it from a realistic neutral point of view, I understand human psychology, part of my background. People hate change in general, it's a well known, well documented aspect of the human psyche. Start talking with people outside of your sphere of influence (those who are not computer savvy) and you'll quickly realize for the most part they don't want to know. They want to push the power button and it comes on, when it powers up they want to see what they are familiar with, tiles and charms are foreign and a hindrance to what they want to do with their system. They don't want to reconfigure their computer to make it work the way they want, they want it to work the way they want right out of the box.
It's not about being easy for someone like you or I, it's that they don't see it that way, they don't get it and they don't want to get it, it's hard for them. Big deal, why should we care if they don't want to change, that's the point, it's smart business to cater to your customers wants and needs. Microsoft forgot how to do that.
The oppressed people calls for liberation...

Forum List

Back