Going to be popping the question sometime this summer

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I always knew I would do it at a Phillies game, so I'm going to pick the game, buy the tickets, and set it all up with the stadium.

Already have the ring picked out, just need to pick it up.

I'm fucking scared as shit :lol:

Not because I think she'll say no, I know she'll say yes, but because I'm a guy and that kind of commitment is of course a scary thing. She's the mother of my child though, and I'm nothing without her.

Any suggestions?

If you even have to ask this question on a PUBLIC MESSAGE board then I'm afraid you're in trouble!

You type as though you have a lot of doubts. Ever hear the word "When in doubt don't"? You need to do some serious soul searching as to why you are going to ask a woman to marry you. Marriage is a commitment that shouldn't be taken lightly as so many have. It's not only your life, its your childs and your future wife. Are read to spend the rest of your life with this woman?

Looks as if you're already "committed" if you stuck around. So what the fuck are you scared of? Nobody said it would be a piece of cake, ya know.

Aaaahh the hell with it... it's old fashioned, conservative, Christian kind of stuff to get married... just forget about it.

If you even have to ask this question on a PUBLIC MESSAGE board then I'm afraid you're in trouble!

You type as though you have a lot of doubts. Ever hear the word "When in doubt don't"? You need to do some serious soul searching as to why you are going to ask a woman to marry you. Marriage is a commitment that shouldn't be taken lightly as so many have. It's not only your life, its your childs and your future wife. Are read to spend the rest of your life with this woman?

I'm just sharing it with the fellow posters of the board, Terry. I'm not asking a question, I'm just making a statement pretty much.

Yes, I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with her. I never used to believe in marriage, but as I've gotten older I've gotten more conservative, and I take that kind of committment seriously. I wouldn't do it if I wasn't prepared to stick it out. This girl and I have been through so much crap already and we're still going, that I just know we'll be ok. We're pushing 30, so there's a lot of time left in our lives, but based on what we've come through so far, it just seems right.

There's various other reasons why I think it's the right time, which I won't bother getting into, but I also can't imagine not raising our child together.

The girl completes me, I don't know what else to say, as corny as that line has probably become. I've gone through a certain amount of time without her since we've been together, and I'm just not the same person without her.

I don't think a guy being scared about it should necessarily be alarming, in and of itself. The main reason it scares me is BECAUSE I know it will be forever. I've always been a man of my word, and if I give a vow to stay together until we die, then that's my word.

I always knew I would do it at a Phillies game, so I'm going to pick the game, buy the tickets, and set it all up with the stadium.

Not because I think she'll say no, I know she'll say yes, but because I'm a guy and that kind of commitment is of course a scary thing. She's the mother of my child though, and I'm nothing without her.

Any suggestions?

Congrats! Go for it!

However, I had to reread your original message as I thought the bolded text above said "she's the child of my mother".

If that was the case, I'm not sure I could have wholeheartedly approved of your plan, unless you could have convinced me that you were born and raised in WV.

Any suggestions?

Find a girl you don't like and buy her a house.

:lol:

I'm kidding! Don't write me letters I'll ignore...

Congratulations Paulie - you should be a little scared, it is a big commitment - not to mention how you are putting your nuts on a very public line via your method of proposal...

What if she says 'no' on the stadium big screen?!?! :ack-1:

If you were cavalier about it I'd bet against you. Marriage has been an awesome pain in the ass for me - Work hard and make it happen... if it was easy everyone would succeed.

-Joe

Last edited:
What if she says 'no' on the stadium big screen?!?! :ack-1:

It will look like this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn75frRMLI8]YouTube - Marriage Proposal at an NBA game[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxA11_l_c0c]YouTube - NBA Marriage Proposal Gone Wrong[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OR_3jKjOHk]YouTube - Onstage Proposal Gone Wrong[/ame]

...except there will be more grass.

do it in private....a friend ended up marrying cause he ask in front of her family...she felt like she couldnt say no....do it in private...why grandstand...you already have a baby...

do it in private....a friend ended up marrying cause he ask in front of her family...she felt like she couldnt say no....do it in private...why grandstand...you already have a baby...

If she is so weak willed to say yes cause it is in public then he has more problems then that and he would know it.

BAD advice. Have you no heart?

I wouldn't propose that way cause it is cheezy to me, but to each his own, if it makes HIM happy he should do it. ( also I am way to shy to do something so public)

Enjoy your plans and the day you do it Paulie.

why make what should be a private moment a big public event? a marriage proposal to me...should be private....when you can say sweet nothing or anything you wish without the world watching....i am not such a public person....and i think since you already have a child ...the grandstanding is a bit embaressing...

I'm just sharing it with the fellow posters of the board, Terry. I'm not asking a question, I'm just making a statement pretty much.

Yes, I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with her. I never used to believe in marriage, but as I've gotten older I've gotten more conservative, and I take that kind of committment seriously. I wouldn't do it if I wasn't prepared to stick it out. This girl and I have been through so much crap already and we're still going, that I just know we'll be ok. We're pushing 30, so there's a lot of time left in our lives, but based on what we've come through so far, it just seems right.

There's various other reasons why I think it's the right time, which I won't bother getting into, but I also can't imagine not raising our child together.

The girl completes me, I don't know what else to say, as corny as that line has probably become. I've gone through a certain amount of time without her since we've been together, and I'm just not the same person without her.

I don't think a guy being scared about it should necessarily be alarming, in and of itself. The main reason it scares me is BECAUSE I know it will be forever. I've always been a man of my word, and if I give a vow to stay together until we die, then that's my word.
:clap2: This should have been your first post. :razz:

Any suggestions?

That is soooo.... sweet :)

Everytime my wife sees one of those marriage proposals done like you're talking about she talks about how impersonal it is. What may seem like a good idea to you to do this big grand proposal may not be taken as well as you think. What if before your lady says yes she has a few things she would like to discuss or what if she just isn't ready regardless of what you think her reaction might be. I would give careful consideration to asking her in public like this. She may say yes but you also might end up with a lot of egg on your face... PS: I hope the Phillies win that day! They happen to be my favorite team.

MAKE SURE she goes to the bathroom before it's announced. LOL

New Topics

Forum List

Back