Going to a taping of Conan O'brien

tomato.gif

freeandfun1 said:
Why are you going? Ugh, he is as lib and anti-Bush as you can get.... :bangheads

My cousin got tickets, so we are going into the city and make a day of it.....dinner in the Village etc

She tried for SNL, I figured I could really boo there and have some fun, but that one is really hard to get tickets to.

Bonnie said:
My cousin got tickets, so we are going into the city and make a day of it.....dinner in the Village etc

She tried for SNL, I figured I could really boo there and have some fun, but that one is really hard to get tickets to.

ah heck, go and have fun!!! if you have time, stop by the Back Fence on Bleaker Street!!! It's a fun little bar!

Bonnie said:
You know that area huh?

Oh yeah, worked in NY for a year plus for ten years - give or take - I have been going to the city for a week every fall just for fun. A close friend of mine is from Brooklyn and he has taken me around to a lot of places.

freeandfun1 said:
Oh yeah, worked in NY for a year plus for ten years - give or take - I have been going to the city for a week every fall just for fun. A close friend of mine is from Brooklyn and he has taken me around to a lot of places.

I love the village, I have my fave Italian restaurant or Mexican restaurant, then I go to Rocco's for chocolate coated filled canolis.........UMMMM

Kathianne said:
Hey girlfriend, doing good. How is this school year treating you?

Busy but it's moving along.....Im on break now till the 24th, then it's back to the old salt mine :tng:

How about you??

Bonnie said:
Busy but it's moving along.....Im on break now till the 24th, then it's back to the old salt mine :tng:

How about you??

Teaching began the 3rd. Masters' class tomorrow. "Gifted and Talented". My specialty! Better be good, the dang book cost $109!

Kathianne said:
Teaching began the 3rd. Masters' class tomorrow. "Gifted and Talented". My specialty! Better be good, the dang book cost $109!

Yes those textbooks can be pricey :(

I wouldn't say he's very liberal or anti-Bush, at least not on-air. He makes jokes about Bush in his monologue, yeah, but really, what late-night talk show hosts don't? All through the years, Johnny Carson made jokes about whatever president was in office at the time.

Bonnie, Late Night's style of comedy is very odd and occasionally off-color, but usually really funny and different, it's my favorite late night show. Conan, however, I can take or leave, he acts like a real dork on the show, which gets annoying after a while. Anyway, I watch it pretty often, so let me know which episode you're on so I can scan the audience!

Oh, and dress warm because they keep those studios really cold.

Dan said:
I wouldn't say he's very liberal or anti-Bush, at least not on-air. He makes jokes about Bush in his monologue, yeah, but really, what late-night talk show hosts don't? All through the years, Johnny Carson made jokes about whatever president was in office at the time.

Bonnie, Late Night's style of comedy is very odd and occasionally off-color, but usually really funny and different, it's my favorite late night show. Conan, however, I can take or leave, he acts like a real dork on the show, which gets annoying after a while. Anyway, I watch it pretty often, so let me know which episode you're on so I can scan the audience!

Oh, and dress warm because they keep those studios really cold.

No shit Dan, it was freezing in there. The NBC building itelf was hot, but the studio was like an ice box.
All in all we had fun, he really only made one reference about Bush by asking who was excited about the innaguration...........the rest of his schtick was about Baseball,the steroid controversy.......It was actually very funny. And the comedian was Jim Gaffigan...The guests were some guy called Typher Grace (?) but he is in that new movie with Dennis Quaid called In Good Company, and Nia Long who is in the new movie Are We There Yet?

Nice night to be in the city, it was warm so we headed to some bar in the village called Fez which was fashioned as something you would see in the Middle East.

I think it will be on tonight.

Forum List

Back