Going Rogue: An American Life

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Palin's first book due out November 17th - already over 1.5 million copies ordered...

By HILLEL ITALIE, AP National Writer Hillel Italie, Ap National Writer

NEW YORK – That was fast.

Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate, has finished her memoir just four months after the book deal was announced, and the release date has been moved up from the spring to Nov. 17, her publisher said.

"Governor Palin has been unbelievably conscientious and hands-on at every stage, investing herself deeply and passionately in this project," said Jonathan Burnham, publisher of Harper. "It's her words, her life, and it's all there in full and fascinating detail."

Palin's book, her first, will be 400 pages, said Burnham, who called the fall "the best possible time for a major book of this kind."

Harper, an imprint of HarperCollins, has commissioned a huge first printing of 1.5 million copies. Sen. Ted Kennedy's "True Compass," published by Twelve soon after his Aug. 25 death, also had a 1.5 million first printing...

Palin finishes memoir, 'Going Rogue,' out Nov. 17 - Yahoo! News

Sarah Palin is "Going Rogue" with early release of memoir
Reuters - 9-29-09
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sarah Palin, last year's Republican vice-presidential candidate who became a figure of global fascination, is to release her memoir just four months after her book deal was announced.

2mooses.jpg

David Letterman's Top Ten Questions To Ask Yourself Before Spending $63,500 On Dinner With Sarah Palin

10."Is the tip included?"
9."Do my kids really need to go to college?"
8."Is it 'All the Moose You Can Eat'?"
7."Should I prepare by reading every magazine and newspaper?"
6."Does it have to be at the Denny's where Todd works?"
5."Should we have dinner in Alaska or Russia?"
4."Will she hunt and shoot the main course?"
3."63 grand? That's nearly half of her weekly wardrobe budget!" Remember that reference?
2."Is there valet parking for my snowmobile?"
1."Will I be done in time to get to the 'Fire Dave' rally?"

I smell Liberal fear.

You are right. We are scared to death. You guys should definately nominate her in 2012.

After all, as I heard one of our local conservative talkers say yesterday: "She's been to China, now she has foreign policy experience!"

Well that certainly stands as every bit of the qualification that Hussien brought to the table with his having attended school in Malaysia... Except Hussein was never a Cheif Executive; thus had never dealt with other nations as a Cheif Executive, as Gov. Palin has... and man does IT SHOW!

WHEW... whatta trainwreck.

It's worth noting that roughly twice as many people have already ordered Palin's book than have bought EITHER of the BOY King's screeds in the decade or so that they've been dying on the vine.

But that serves reason... Mark Levin's book, Liberty and Tyranny... sold over a million retail copies in a matter of a couple of months.... Beck's Common Sense had similar results. American's are thirsty for principled prose...

Last edited:
I smell Liberal fear.

You are right. We are scared to death. You guys should definately nominate her in 2012.

After all, as I heard one of our local conservative talkers say yesterday: "She's been to China, now she has foreign policy experience!"

Well that certainly stands as every bit of the qualification that Hussien brought to the table with his having attended school in Malaysia... Except Hussein was never a Cheif Executive; thus had never dealt with other nations as a Cheif Executive, as Gov. Palin has... and man does IT SHOW!

We've already had one dum-dum with executive experience, last thing we need is another.

Obama also has never quit his job as Chief Executive. Palin has.

Wow, that was easy.

At any rate, the "magic job qualification" barometer that you guys use is idiotic, as the standard is always one inch away from the opposition candidate's qualifications.

Oh, also, Obama now has almost a year of executive experience as leader of the free world under his belt. I'd say you guys need to come up with some new metrics to try and detract from him.

Last edited:

We've already had one dum-dum with executive experience, last thing we need is another.

Yeah... And I completely agree. But assertions that Palin is dumb are absurd.

I know it's popular to sing that song... but it's just factually incorrect.

Palin is currently among the most conservative political voices in the country, and played a crucial role in applying the brakes to Obamacare over the summer.

The few detractors in here are welcome to mock and mire all they wish - none of it changes the fact that Palin's book is going to prove an incredible success, and her opportunities are far greater than those sitting typing away on this forum - myself included!

Palin is currently among the most conservative political voices in the country, and played a crucial role in applying the brakes to Obamacare over the summer.

The few detractors in here are welcome to mock and mire all they wish - none of it changes the fact that Palin's book is going to prove an incredible success, and her opportunities are far greater than those sitting typing away on this forum - myself included!

Coming up with the "Death Panal" talking point wasn't "crucial".

But by all means, run her and get creamed. The whole country, minus the delusional right, thinks she's a joke.

Come on everyone..
Lets give Sarah a break....she did manage to finish the book

Sarah is going to make a cracker jack *wink* candidate for the republicans next election....you betcha!

Lets not shoot her down while she is reeling in the right wing

Forum List

Back