going over fiscal cliff gives dems what they want.

Excellent. You seem to be understanding the process.

Obama makes a request (voted down 97-0 in the Senate) with NO $2 trillion in cuts as you claim.

House debates and passes a budget.

Goes to Senate where they are bound by law to pass a budget resolution which CANNOT be filibustered.

Only one asshole didn't do their job.

Guess who that was?

You're linking to a budget bill from last year that the GOP idiots earmarked a bunch of crap onto like ending the ACA. The democrats didn't play McConnells game and didn't vote on it. What i posted was the democrats returning the favor which the republican changed their votes so their own budget bill wouldn't pass. What a much of morons!

Otherwise back on topic, Obama's current fiscal cliff plan is to bring 2 trillion to pay down the deficit, the GOP hasn't brought shit.
Nothing worse than a dumb hack if you want honest discourse- ignore list you go :bye1:

The truth hurts, doesn't it? :eusa_clap:

Obama makes a request (voted down 97-0 in the Senate) with NO $2 trillion in cuts as you claim.

Goes to Senate where they are bound by law to pass a budget resolution which CANNOT be filibustered.

Guess who that was?

You're linking to a budget bill from last year that the GOP idiots earmarked a bunch of crap onto like ending the ACA. The democrats didn't play McConnells game and didn't vote on it. What i posted was the democrats returning the favor which the republican changed their votes so their own budget bill wouldn't pass. What a much of morons!

Otherwise back on topic, Obama's current fiscal cliff plan is to bring 2 trillion to pay down the deficit, the GOP hasn't brought shit.

Originally Posted by SniperFire
President's budget sinks, 97-0 - The Hill

:badgrin::badgrin:

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Only if it were the truth! Failed backpedal attempt!!

huge cuts in defense and higher taxes,isn't that what the libbs want ??

Higher taxes on those who have been getting a free ride -- the wealthy.

I know, I know.... the concept boggles the mind. How do the wealthy get a free ride.

Think of how the mob functions in the underworld economy. What service does the mob provide. Protection, right?

The mob makes sure the criminal economy runs smoothly and without interruption.

Now what if the gang that made the most in the criminal underworld kicked up the smallest percentage of the their earnings? Yet, they continue to benefit from the most protection.

What does government do? What is government's main function -- protection of private property and property rights -- that includes trademark, copyright, patents, plus land, brick & mortar etc. Every truckload of goods, every factory, every farm. All documented by the government and protected by the government.

Who enjoys the most protection while making the most money?
(I think you know the answer -- CEO's, Hedge funds, private equity -- because they are the most dependent on the protections of the federal government AND the take in the most wealth or earn the highest return on their investment holdings.

Why do they get to pay the smallest percentage of their earnings?

Because the control lobbyists that have manipulated the tax code to their advantage.

Guess who that was?

That's not the president's fiscal cliff plan, moron.

Then why did he submit it to the senate?

Then why did he submit it to the senate?

McConnel was playing games by earmarking a bunch of ultra-right wing crap onto it like ending the affordable care act and forcing the democrats to vote on it, which they all turned away from the GOP's childish game as the GOP seems to think creating jobs and passing a budget is a big joke (no wonder they got their asses handed to them on election day.)

Like I also posted, the democrats returned the favor by voting "nay" on the republican's budget bill, then changed their votes to present. With that, the GOP's bill would have passed, so many right wingers that did vote "yea" for their own budget bill, switched their votes to "nay" at the last second once they realized the bill would pass, resulting in them shooting down their own budget bill. What a bunch of idiots!

Last edited:

I know, I know.... the concept boggles the mind. How do the wealthy get a free ride.

Think of how the mob functions in the underworld economy. What service does the mob provide. Protection, right?

Now what if the gang that made the most in the criminal underworld kicked up the smallest percentage of the their earnings? Yet, they continue to benefit from the most protection.

What does government do? What is government's main function -- protection of private property and property rights -- that includes trademark, copyright, patents, plus land, brick & mortar etc. Every truckload of goods, every factory, every farm. All documented by the government and protected by the government.

(I think you know the answer -- CEO's, Hedge funds, private equity -- because they are the most dependent on the protections of the federal government AND the take in the most wealth or earn the highest return on their investment holdings.

Because the control lobbyists that have manipulated the tax code to their advantage.
oh goody raise taxes !! that will pay for about 12 days of Obamas spending !!! not to mention stifle job growth !!

its a start yidnar. McConnell & Boehner own this cliff business if nothing is done.

Nope, the Dear Leader and his comrades in arms will..they signed off on this already..off the cliff we go..

and you notice how the Democrats were AGAINST the Bush tax cuts NOW they are all for it EXCEPT the ones for the so called, high earners...which will include a lot of small business owners?

really dotty, get a clue..Democrats are playing games with your all lives

oh goody raise taxes !! that will pay for about 12 days of Obamas spending !!! not to mention stifle job growth !!

Only a progressive could consider paying about 70% of the countries federal taxes a "free ride".

[ame=http://youtu.be/rVt3qqrbBXE]Leading Economist: Obama Has a Pistol to the Head of the Middle Class - YouTube[/ame]

Yes it is. A 'fiscal cliff plan' is just a budget request. Reid intentionally took us to this crisis by not following the law and passing a budget resolution.

Forum List

Back