Going Fishing!

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
I've gotten everybody outfitted, and we're ready to go tomorrow...and of course the weather has taken a nasty turn, it's raining and the wind is blowing....cross your fingers...

They just stocked the lakes around here, I'm taking kids so I'm for stealing those lunkers back out. Wish us luck!

And next weekend I think we'll go for steelhead....

rainbow-trout-2.jpg

Three day weekend!

And it's POURING outside, darnit!

Still...going fishing going fishing going fishing....woooo hoooo

We fished all day Saturday, and off and on on Sunday, on the way from looking at a BOAT 50 miles away...

My big boy limited on trout, and had fun trying for steelhead on the way home in waters completely alien and unknown. It was a beautiful weekend.

tugman_dock.jpg

This is one of the docks we hit...of course it was POURING rain!

100_15561.jpg

We were here..there's a fish counting station at Tugman Park..we saw a salmon come up the ladder and juvenile salmon in a tank. They have a free fishing day here in June for little kids...they raise trout in a net pen, and one day in June they drag it to the bank and let little kids fish out of it. Volunteers participate in counting fish (Coho, steelhead, chinook), it's very interesting.

And we were the ONLY ones there.

Great pics. Thank you so much for sharing. When it comes to fishing I am "magic bobber" girl and my husband is something on a hook wrap it in the wind and make a fish jump for it. He's really good.

I just sit there and go "here fishy fishy". I beat him every time though. Going fishing is the best of all for families. :eusa_angel:

It's such a wonderous family event. I'm thrilled to death you are rocking on this. Trust me, when my kids call me they always remember where we took them to go fishing at a certain point in time.

It's like its blazened in their heads. And I am one thrilled Mom years later.

We're are so primal we are 365. I love where I live now. Trout is only banned for a bit during spawning.

But otherwise, it rocks.

catfish1.jpg

Great pics. Thank you so much for sharing. When it comes to fishing I am "magic bobber" girl and my husband is something on a hook wrap it in the wind and make a fish jump for it. He's really good.

I just sit there and go "here fishy fishy". I beat him every time though. Going fishing is the best of all for families. :eusa_angel:

It's such a wonderous family event. I'm thrilled to death you are rocking on this. Trust me, when my kids call me they always remember where we took them to go fishing at a certain point in time.

I can attest to it.
The "Here fishy fishy" thing works but only for her.
That's why she beats me and everyone else we're with every time. LOL

I can attest to it.
The "Here fishy fishy" thing works but only for her.
That's why she beats me and everyone else we're with every time. LOL

Why thank you darlin. You know it's for true. Tell them all how you lost bets and your dad lost bets.

Magic bobber time. No fish stands a chance. And I can open a can of whoop ass of those sweet hearts Roland and Bill even now.

:lol:

Gone fishin.............................

I've gotten everybody outfitted, and we're ready to go tomorrow...and of course the weather has taken a nasty turn, it's raining and the wind is blowing....cross your fingers...

They just stocked the lakes around here, I'm taking kids so I'm for stealing those lunkers back out. Wish us luck!

And next weekend I think we'll go for steelhead....

Syrenn's answer to going fishing.

"Hi, Andy.... I'd like to place my order for the morning please....

:lol:

Fish are terrified of me, that's why they always avoid my lures and bait.

My daughter is completely into it...and they also avoid hers. She was furious because her older brother kept landing them, but she never even got a bite. He even rigged her up, put her in the water next to him...and 2X she pulled in her line and within a second he caught a fish. Her response: Tears and rage, and "HE GOT MY FISH!" A fisherman for real in the making. She was not joking. And she is unbelievably patient...whereas my youngest son eventually found the net more interesting and fun than the rod and reel...she never got tired of trying (and failing, poor pod).

I heard that washing hands with lemon joy helps with people who seem to curse their bait/hooks by touching them, I think we'll try that with her next time...which will be this week! My oldest boy is bringing his family on Thursday, and we are all fishing for the whole time he's here!

They say the same thing about riding horses...in my family the women who aren't avid fishermen are avid horsewomen and the men are all avid fishermen.

I've been a horsewoman all my life, but in the interests of economy (horses are actually more expensive than boats and fishing, and much more complicated when it comes to maintaining functioning mounts and gear for an entire family). I know, hard to believe, but true..). I agree...that a bad day fishing or on horseback is better than a good day anywhere else, doing anything else...

Forum List

Back