Going back to the 18th century is dumb

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Yep, dumb. We if we wish to compete with China and remain the most powerful nation on earth most stay ahead in science, military and economy! We can't do that if we become a bunch of wheat farmers that praise some 2,000 year old book while crapping all over our college students.

We must move forward and act like we want to lead. Trumps ideas are bad for our ability to maintain as a great power and will sink this nation into the history books.

I say to that I will fight it and you should too.

Yep, dumb. We if we wish to compete with China and remain the most powerful nation on earth most stay ahead in science, military and economy! We can't do that if we become a bunch of wheat farmers that praise some 2,000 year old book while crapping all over our college students.

We must move forward and act like we want to lead. Trumps ideas are bad for our ability to maintain as a great power and will sink this nation into the history books.

After hearing you praise a faggot and his tranny?
I will pick the book.

Whaaaaaaaaaa ? You can't compete with shit. Deduct the military/industrial clusterfuck and you're the first forth world nation on the planet.OK You have Monsanto ! YAY !

There are benefits Matthew darling to going back to the 18th Century.

Just one benefit about the 18th Century and also the 19th Century, the poetry was superior.

In especially the 21st Century there are no good poets, all modern poetry is vulgar and has no sophistication or any beauty whatsoever.

The 18th Century and 19th Century were both exceptional periods in the arts. Of course there were some downsides such as having no age limit on executions and also having bizarro definitions of what was a capitol offence eg. I have read of more than one case where children as young as 8 years of age were hanged for stealing bread.

There are benefits Matthew darling to going back to the 18th Century.

Just one benefit about the 18th Century and also the 19th Century, the poetry was superior.

In especially the 21st Century there are no good poets, all modern poetry is vulgar and has no sophistication or any beauty whatsoever.

The 18th Century and 19th Century were both exceptional periods in the arts. Of course there were some downsides such as having no age limit on executions and also having bizarro definitions of what was a capitol offence eg. I have read of more than one case where children as young as 8 years of age were hanged for stealing bread.
They burned homosexuals. I miss those days.

A weaker America invites war remember that. A weaker America is going to happen if we don't invest in infrastructure, science and education. That is reality.

"A weaker America is going to happen if we don't invest in infrastructure, science and education."

Well if you stopped spending so many trillions and trillions funding the Military Industrial Complex, then you'd have more money to invest in infrastructure, science and education wouldn't you? Yes of course you would.

The Donald's entire America First policy is to spend money in America to help Americans, instead of wasting trillions and trillions on these neverending and futile foreign military adventures, eg. how long have you been in Afghanistan, you have been there for SIXTEEN YEARS Matthew through GWB two terms and Obama two terms, think how much money that has cost and what do you have to show for it? Nothing that's what, except thousands of dead soldiers and many more thousands maimed:

upload_2017-11-24_8-53-48.png

upload_2017-11-24_8-55-13.png

Um

Umm, you're the silly person demanding the world go back to windmills. Just sayin...

Um

Umm, you're the silly person demanding the world go back to windmills. Just sayin...

Well at least with Conservatives you might go back to the 18th Century according to Matthew, with the Leftists it's worse thanks to their love in with Islam, if Leftists had their wish that the Western World just bend over for Islam then it wouldn't be going back to the 18th Century it would be going back to the 7th Century.

So I'll take the 18th Century.

Yeah, why do you libfucks want to regress to windmills and sun dials? You liberal dumbasses are such Neanderthals...

A weaker America invites war remember that. A weaker America is going to happen if we don't invest in infrastructure, science and education. That is reality.

"A weaker America is going to happen if we don't invest in infrastructure, science and education."

Well if you stopped spending so many trillions and trillions funding the Military Industrial Complex, then you'd have more money to invest in infrastructure, science and education wouldn't you? Yes of course you would.

The Donald's entire America First policy is to spend money in America to help Americans, instead of wasting trillions and trillions on these neverending and futile foreign military adventures, eg. how long have you been in Afghanistan, you have been there for SIXTEEN YEARS Matthew through GWB two terms and Obama two terms, think how much money that has cost and what do you have to show for it? Nothing that's what, except thousands of dead soldiers and many more thousands maimed:

View attachment 162308

View attachment 162309
If you stop paying the poor fucks to sit on their asses, then there would be more money for infrastructure projects...Maybe if those liberal fucks started feeling hungry they would seek employment from Obama's roaring economic recovery that President Trump inherited?

War on poverty cost
The War on Poverty has cost $22 trillion -- three times more than what the government has spent on all wars in American history. Federal and state governments spend $1 trillion in taxpayer dollars on America's 80 means-tested welfare programs annually.
The War on Poverty Has Cost $22 Trillion - NCPA
www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=25288 [/guote]

The music was better ...

193041-20130331_mozart-1.jpg
The music was better ...
Judging by the number of people who attend classical music symphonies, concertos, recitals, what music is most downloaded, aspire to be and/or become opera singers and choral singers, the most downloaded iTunes songs, compete in music competitions like The Voice in the style of 18th century, etc., I don't think most people, conservative or liberal, agree with you. There are people who do agree with you, but often enough those who do and who "put their money where their mouth is," so to speak, find themselves being ridiculed as anachronistic.

Roughly 10 percent to 15 percent of Americans have what might be termed a close or moderately close relationship with classical music, and again as many have weaker ties. Yet only half of those who express the very highest levels of preference for attending classical music concerts actually attend, even infrequently.
(Source)​

The music was better ...

The music was better ...
Judging by the number of people who attend classical music symphonies, concertos, recitals, what music is most downloaded, aspire to be and/or become opera singers and choral singers, the most downloaded iTunes songs, compete in music competitions like The Voice in the style of 18th century, etc., I don't think most people, conservative or liberal, agree with you. There are people who do agree with you, but often enough those who do and who "put their money where their mouth is," so to speak, find themselves being ridiculed as anachronistic.

Roughly 10 percent to 15 percent of Americans have what might be termed a close or moderately close relationship with classical music, and again as many have weaker ties. Yet only half of those who express the very highest levels of preference for attending classical music concerts actually attend, even infrequently.
(Source)​

You're confusing popularity with quality. THIS was the number one song of 1968, the 'Summer of Love' and the apex of the counter-culture.

The music was better ...

The music was better ...

(Source)​
Anti-Intellectualism and the "Dumbing Down" of America
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
Just proves how successful the "dumbing down of America" has been effective...why else does the left push for "tribalism" where (c)Rap is the music of the uneducated, and people walk around with "War Paint" as a sign of culture. Liberals want to go back to prehistoric era's where anything goes...

1a61d71906c0034da14113cf9b4b06f9--crazy-makeup-game-face.jpg

The music was better ...

The music was better ...

(Source)​

You're confusing popularity with quality. THIS was the number one song of 1968, the 'Summer of Love' and the apex of the counter-culture.

Clearly I should have followed Churchill's suggestion.

If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack.
-- Winston Churchill​

Whatever....carry on....

We've been doing it your way for decades and been getting fucked.

YOu ever visit the Rust Belt?

We've been doing it your way for decades and been getting fucked.

YOu ever visit the Rust Belt?
A growing number of young Americans are leaving desk jobs to farm
Liz Whitehurst dabbled in several careers before she ended up here, crating fistfuls of fresh-cut arugula in the early-November chill.

The hours were better at her nonprofit jobs. So were the benefits. But two years ago, the 32-year-old Whitehurst — who graduated from a liberal arts college and grew up in the Chicago suburbs — abandoned Washington for this three-acre farm in Upper Marlboro, Md.
Yeah, it may take some WORK(4 letter word to liberals, that is like Garlic to a Vampire) to make a farm successful, but you never go hungry when the farm produces.. And you can bet they thank God every time they have a successful harvest....College isn't that great any more as Obama, and his liberal educators raped the college pukes by allowing those institutions to raise fees by 200% or more.....

I wonder why this lgtbqitedkfjhew imbecile thinks we want to go back to the 18th century? Who wants to download shit with two tin cans with a string tied between them?

New Topics

Forum List

Back