God's will...?

As they say, “Like attracts like.”

Only inherently evil people or imbeciles could possibly worship the gargoyle of a God that that blood-thirsty “Penny Dreadful,” The Holy Babel, portrays.

From his first fascistic episode in Eden, “God” shows his irrational abhorrence of free-thought and intelligence. Bible God, and his gullible Judeo-Christian goon squad, has a psychotic loathing of logic.

This imaginary Mesopotamian Mugwump of the Abrahamic religions much prefers mindless, miserable marionettes to psychologically well adjusted nonconformists. Is it any wonder then that we are in a war of their making?

Happiness is also anathema to Bible God and the biliously ingratiating bum-suckers who worship him out of terror of eternal torture.

For instance, show me one instance of where "God" ever laughs, or even smiles, however slightly, in the entire Wholly Babble.

The cult of Christinsanity contains nothing but narcissistic necromancing nitwits, neurotically and spinelessly obsessed on saving on their own cowardly arses, at the expense of what they believe will be the unbelievably horrifying sacrifice of their supposedly sub-human brothers and sisters.

I’m fucked if I can find anything principled in their lily-livered, imbecilic, self-serving servility. As far as I'm concerned, Satan is the only redeeming feature in the whole Bible

Strip away the metaphysical bullshit, and you have a reasonably sound philosophy for life, at least in the New Testament. Unfortunately, too many people are unable or unwilling to drop the metaphysics and keep insisting the allegory be treated as reality to make the Bible a viable guide to life.

Strip away the metaphysical bullshit, and you have a reasonably sound philosophy for life, at least in the New Testament. Unfortunately, too many people are unable or unwilling to drop the metaphysics and keep insisting the allegory be treated as reality to make the Bible a viable guide to life.

I agree, with quite a few qualifications that I won’t bother to catalogue here.

The legendary Jesus’ trouble was that he tried to take, what is essentially the sow’s ear; the Mien Kampfish Pentateuch of the proto Kikes, and make a humanistic silk purse out of it.

All he managed to do was prove - if he is the God Christians insist he is - that God is schizophrenically at odds with himself. :cuckoo:

BTW, I’ll defy anyone to defend the racially supremacist Haoli Barbill against Adolf’s equally brutal little pot-boiler.

Unfortunately, the fascistic Bible will always attract the so-called “moral majority” of fearful control freaks. They see it as the perfect means for herding and controlling the hypocritical authoritarian cattle that they refer to as their "brothers in Christ" and untermensch non-believers.

I agree, with quite a few qualifications that I won’t bother to catalogue here.

The legendary Jesus’ trouble was that he tried to take, what is essentially the sow’s ear; the Mien Kampfish Pentateuch of the proto Kikes, and make a humanistic silk purse out of it.

All he managed to do was prove - if he is the God Christians insist he is - that God is schizophrenically at odds with himself. :cuckoo:

BTW, I’ll defy anyone to defend the racially supremacist Haoli Barbill against Adolf’s equally brutal little pot-boiler.

Unfortunately, the fascistic Bible while always attract the so-called “moral majority” of fearful control freaks. They see it as the perfect means for herding and controlling the hypocritical authoritarian cattle that they refer to as their "brothers in Christ" and untermensch non-believers.

Silly boy. ALL organized religions are about controlling the masses. That is why the religious hierarchies and bureaucracies arose in the first place... to assure a means of income and control of the masses with the threat of dire, metaphysical consequences in some imagined after-life for apostasy.

As for Jesus, he was crucified by the Roman's for being political. Had he only stuck to religion, all that would have happened would be the san hedron twitching in impotent rage, and he would never have been the martyr that became the prophet.

Silly boy. ALL organized religions are about controlling the masses. That is why the religious hierarchies and bureaucracies arose in the first place... to assure a means of income and control of the masses with the threat of dire, metaphysical consequences in some imagined after-life for apostasy.

As for Jesus, he was crucified by the Roman's for being political. Had he only stuck to religion, all that would have happened would be the san hedron twitching in impotent rage, and he would never have been the martyr that became the prophet.

Watch out, Bullypulpit. Lest a certain snitching self-imagined victim, whose God commands him to vilify, even kill, people like us, suggests to the board's class prefect/monitor that you be banned for insinuating he is a mere martinet of infinitely much smarter men! :eusa_naughty:

Why do you envy it? Because you are forced to think your for yourself? :badgrin:

Faith makes everything simpler, all things are explained, you just have to have faith, easy as pie.

You will have to try a lot harder Puddled:eusa_naughty:

The racist thinking behind Jesus' philosophy

That's some nasty business those so-called "Christians" are about. The perversion of religion to suit their own ends. I'm sure, if they had the opportunity they would establish slavery again on the basis of "Christian" principles.

As far as I’m concerned, BP, religion IS perversion – of mankind’s innate imagination - period!

Given the real reason behind the Abrahamic religions, i.e. as a humanly fabricated foundation for creating and maintaining racial/religious apartheid, much like Hitler's Christian condoned Mein Kampf, is it any wonder its narcissistic aficionados are snuffing each other in Dimwit’s “War on T-u-u-r” at this very moment? :rolleyes:

It is high time we started treated the nitwit transmitters of this conceited collection of backward Arab camel jockey's superstitions like they have treated us Untermensch unbelievers since Noah played full-back for Babylon.

As a famous Canaanite carpenter and welfare Queen once said, “By their fruits, so shall ye know them!” The only fruit we’ve had from the homicidal tree of the Abrahamic religions in the last four thousand years is death, destruction, and dissension.

Adherents of the Jewish religion aren’t decent and righteous, as we have been brainwashed - by them - to believe. They are, in the main, a spineless bunch of jumped-up, self-serving, snobbish bastards who are basically lower than the basic wage.

Having said that, I feely admit there are nice Christians. Same as there are really nice Nazis!

Take no notice of me, BP. I just enjoy holding a mirror up to these carping, hypercritical pricks by being just as judgemental and patronising as them. :muahaha:

As far as I’m concerned, BP, religion IS perversion – of mankind’s innate imagination - period!

Given the real reason behind the Abrahamic religions, i.e. as a humanly fabricated foundation for creating and maintaining racial/religious apartheid, much like Hitler's Christian condoned Mein Kampf, is it any wonder its narcissistic aficionados are snuffing each other in Dimwit’s “War on T-u-u-r” at this very moment? :rolleyes:

It is high time we started treated the nitwit transmitters of this conceited collection of backward Arab camel jockey's superstitions like they have treated us Untermensch unbelievers since Noah played full-back for Babylon.

As a famous Canaanite carpenter and welfare Queen once said, “By their fruits, so shall ye know them!” The only fruit we’ve had from the homicidal tree of the Abrahamic religions in the last four thousand years is death, destruction, and dissension.

Adherents of the Jewish religion aren’t decent and righteous, as we have been brainwashed - by them - to believe. They are, in the main, a spineless bunch of jumped-up, self-serving, snobbish bastards who are basically lower than the basic wage.

Having said that, I feely admit there are nice Christians. Same as there are really nice Nazis!

Take no notice of me, BP. I just enjoy holding a mirror up to these carping, hypercritical pricks by being just as judgemental and patronising as them. :muahaha:

I don't mind, being a Buddhist myself. But then the hypocritical, judgmental and patronizing pricks you cite do not represent the majority of Christians, and to equate all Christians with Nazis is an injustice and a gross oversimplification. I know many Christians, and they do walk the walk, and don't simply mouth the words without any understanding. You know, like the ones you see on TV in the suburban mega-churches kowtowing to their false prophets. That lot is, for the most part, the "...spineless bunch of jumped-up, self-serving, snobbish bastards..." you so rightfully disdain.

I don't mind, being a Buddhist myself. But then the hypocritical, judgmental and patronizing pricks you cite do not represent the majority of Christians, and to equate all Christians with Nazis is an injustice and a gross oversimplification. I know many Christians, and they do walk the walk, and don't simply mouth the words without any understanding. You know, like the ones you see on TV in the suburban mega-churches kowtowing to their false prophets. That lot is, for the most part, the "...spineless bunch of jumped-up, self-serving, snobbish bastards..." you so rightfully disdain.

BP said,
to equate all Christians with Nazis is an injustice and a gross oversimplification

So is equating ALL non-Christians to vile Hellfire fodder; who these self-delusional, devil-dodging dupes believe deserve to be burnt to death, then resuscitated, and so on, for forever and a day!

I also said,
"They are, in the main, a spineless bunch of jumped-up, self-serving, snobbish bastards who are basically lower than the basic wage.

Who would Jesus torture? - tens of billions of poor bastards incapable of comprehending the cockamamie crap that he got his fruitcake biographers to write in the Bible! :rofl:

I was driving to work the other morning, and I saw a license plate cover that said, "If it's Gods will...I will." Statements like this send me down paths that believers consider just plain wrong.

The statement on that license plate cover begs a whole raft of questions, chiefly, "How does one know what 'Gods will' is ?" This particular question has never been answered to my satisfaction. It is usually fobbed off with the pat answer, "It's in the Bible!", as they look on me like some one's retarded cousin. When I ask, "Well how did everyone who wrote the Bible know what God's will is?", I am met with stunned silence and occasional outraged indignation. In this latter case, I often find myself regaled with the statement, "The Bible is the absolute, inerrant Word of God!", and am now regarded as a dangerous lunatic.

Imagine then the utter horror, then, which comes over my interlocutor when I ask, "If the Bible is the 'absolute and inerrant word of God', why are their so many people around claiming to have the special knowledge needed to interpret it?" Never mind that those interpretations often contradict one another, let alone the content of the Bible. By this point, I have been relegated to the status of apostate...blasphemer...unwashed heathen...etc. All this without ever getting a satisfactory answer to my questions.

By this point, the subject of my questioning has fled, muttering darkly to themselves and promising to pray for my immortal soul. They never stay around long enough for me to ask "Who determines just what God's will is anyways?", which, I'm fairly certain, would leave them calling for me to be exorcised, with the more fervent among them suggesting I be burnt at the stake. You know, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live..." and all that rot.

People who point to the Bible lack understanding, but not for the reasons you suggest. They lack it because they dont understand the teachings in the Bible. The Bible doesnt teach to rely on it as the sole absolute Word of God. Quite otherwise, it tells us that Man must live off every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

That does raise the question how you know. If they understood the Bible, they wouldn't be pointing to the Bible because while the Bible is useful to gain knowledge, one first has to know that the Bible is true before one can accept the truths found within.

But assuming the Bible is true, the Lord has clearly provided a way for man to know His will. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not, and it shall be given unto him. But ask in faith nothing waivering."

Christ promised His disciples the Holy Spirit which would teach them the truth of all things. He also taught them that they could know that the doctrines He taught was from God by living it. Basically an experiment on His word.

Its through the Spirit that Ive learned God's will on numerous matters and I assume I will learn more in the future the same way. Even Peter the Chief Apostle learned the truth because of Revelation from God.

From his first fascistic episode in Eden, “God” shows his irrational abhorrence of free-thought and intelligence. Bible God, and his gullible Judeo-Christian goon squad, has a psychotic loathing of logic.

You are not that acquainted with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob I see. If you were youd know that He is extremely logical. The problem is you assume that the logic of men and the logic of God are the same. See God's logic is perfect, because he knows everything. Man doesnt know everything. Thus the logic of man often completely misses the mark and what seems completely foolish to man the logical framework of his mortal existence is completely logical to one who is not restrained by mortality and unknown factors.

You want God to be constrained by your mortal perspective when He isnt. Thankfully He knows a heck of alot better than us what we need.

"God's Will" is based on Blind Faith, if a person is religious enough to believe in "God's Will" then they are beyond reason.

If a person can rationalize horrible events by calling it "God's Will" it's pure denial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g285x4sUKoo

There is no point in 'prayer' if you belive in "God's Will" because regardless of what you pray for, you must believe in all actuality God is going to do whatever he wants, and you will accept it as "God's Will".

kind of Catch 22.

There is only no point to prayer to you because you misunderstand our relationship with God. God is our Father. We are His Children. There is much more to a father-child relationship than merely asking for things whenever the child is in need. There is teaching involved. Gratitute. Appreciation and love.

In addition, the Lord has blessings in store for us that are conditional upon us asking Him. He has greater knowledge and blessings for those who seek to know and live His teachings.

So there very much is a purpose for prayer. Its to build a relationship with our Father, to know Him, to learn from Him and become more like Him.

Faith makes everything simpler, all things are explained, you just have to have faith, easy as pie.

You will have to try a lot harder Puddled:eusa_naughty:

Wish it was that easy. The more you learn the more questions you have and the more you need to seek to learn more.

Why do you envy it? Because you are forced to think your for yourself? :badgrin:

Life is good in Bubbleworld. In Bubbleworld you only have to read the *insert name of revealed text* and follow the *insert name of scriptures*and simply believe. Don't question! In Bubbleworld no-one questions the received wisdome. Close your mind, Bubbleworld will take care of you.

If God is omniscient, he must already know how he is going to intervene to change the course of history using omnipotence. But that means he can't change his mind about his intervention, which means he is not.

Dawkins.

Omniscient, - having complete or unlimited knowledge, awareness, or understanding; perceiving all things.

Omnipotent, - having very great or unlimited authority or power

But Dawkins is a human being. And like all of us (even though he's a highly intelligent human) his ability to know is limited by his human condition.

But Dawkins is a human being. And like all of us (even though he's a highly intelligent human) his ability to know is limited by his human condition.

The same goes for biblical works, all happen to have been written by man.

The same goes for biblical works, all happen to have been written by man.

But there's always a catch. The "revealed" texts mean that they are beyond criticism because they were given by god. The Qu'ran was revealed to the Prophet by the Angel Gabriel. the Qu'ran you see in front of you is only a representation of the real Qu'ran which is in Heaven. The various books of the Bible were similarly divinely inspired. If that isn't enough in the armoury then you need to know about the idea of biblical hermeneutics - interpretation of revealed texts.

I'd say the religionists have got that bit of it all nicely locked up.

But there's always a catch. The "revealed" texts mean that they are beyond criticism because they were given by god. The Qu'ran was revealed to the Prophet by the Angel Gabriel. the Qu'ran you see in front of you is only a representation of the real Qu'ran which is in Heaven. The various books of the Bible were similarly divinely inspired. If that isn't enough in the armoury then you need to know about the idea of biblical hermeneutics - interpretation of revealed texts.

I'd say the religionists have got that bit of it all nicely locked up.

Its a quant little closed circle, convenient for dissuading critical analsys.

But The bible has been written and re-written by the hand of man for generations, its chaotically cobbled together anthology of disjointed documents, composed , revised, translated, distorted and 'imroved' by hundreds of anonymous authors, editors copyists, unknown to us and moslty unknown to each other, spanning nine centuries, all free and open to edit according to interpretations of that day.

It hardly seems like it should be interpreted word for word in most situations, especially when it has been changed and adapted to apply to a particular timeperiod.

There are many passages and stories that are not taken seriously, "death penalty applies to adultery" When the church exercises the right to pick and choose which to take literally and which to ignore, it makes it hard for non believers to understand such strong convictions, based on obvioulsy free interpretation.
This picking and choosing which bits of scripture to believe, which bits to write off as symbols or allegories, is a metter of personal decision, just as much, or as little as the atheists decision to follow this moral precept or that was a personal decision, without an absolute foundation.

If one of these is 'morality flying by the seat of its pants', so is the other.

Forum List

Back