God's Team The Dallas Cowboys

My favorite play involved a Miami Dolphins' game. It was back in the 70s and I can't remember who they were playing. With the clock winding down, the Dolphins were leading by 13 points and looked like sure winners. Then, with just a few minutes to go the other team scored cutting the lead to 6. The Dolphins got the ensuing kickoff at their 20 and on each down were driven back. Their third down attempt left them inside their own 5-yard line.

As the team left the field for the punting unit, Don Shula waived them back forcing them to play the fourth down. The sports announcers went crazy. They couldn't believe what they were seeing and they lambasted Shula for punishing the team for their poor performance. On fourth down Griese went back into the end zone and was tackled for a safety. Once again the announcers tore into Shula.

Something funny happened, though. When Griese came over to the sidelines both he and Shula were smiling. It was all planned! Since the Dolphins were leading by 6, the other team had to score a touchdown to tie; a field goal would have done them no good. After scoring 2 points for the safety they trailed by four points and still needed a touchdown to avoid defeat. By giving their opponents 2 points that made no difference, the Dolphins got a free kick from their 20 yard line instead of having to punt from deep within their end zone. It was brilliant. They had everyone fooled. When the announcers finally figured out what happened they praised Shula for his strategy. The Dolphins held on to win the game.
Shula is a legend.

Don Shula is a legend. Mike Shula sucked as a coach when he was at Alabama.

My favorite play involved a Miami Dolphins' game. It was back in the 70s and I can't remember who they were playing. With the clock winding down, the Dolphins were leading by 13 points and looked like sure winners. Then, with just a few minutes to go the other team scored cutting the lead to 6. The Dolphins got the ensuing kickoff at their 20 and on each down were driven back. Their third down attempt left them inside their own 5-yard line.

As the team left the field for the punting unit, Don Shula waived them back forcing them to play the fourth down. The sports announcers went crazy. They couldn't believe what they were seeing and they lambasted Shula for punishing the team for their poor performance. On fourth down Griese went back into the end zone and was tackled for a safety. Once again the announcers tore into Shula.

Something funny happened, though. When Griese came over to the sidelines both he and Shula were smiling. It was all planned! Since the Dolphins were leading by 6, the other team had to score a touchdown to tie; a field goal would have done them no good. After scoring 2 points for the safety they trailed by four points and still needed a touchdown to avoid defeat. By giving their opponents 2 points that made no difference, the Dolphins got a free kick from their 20 yard line instead of having to punt from deep within their end zone. It was brilliant. They had everyone fooled. When the announcers finally figured out what happened they praised Shula for his strategy. The Dolphins held on to win the game.
Shula is a legend.

Don Shula is a legend. Mike Shula sucked as a coach when he was at Alabama.
Mike Shula sucked in the NFL as well.

The Cowboys? Didn't they lose to the Packers? Who were then steamrolled by Atlanta? lol

If you genuinely believe that God favors one NFL team over another, you are delusional.

That is your opinion sir...I respect it.
May God bless you and the Dallas Cowboys.

Every year is a great year for the fans of the Dallas Cowboys because our lord Jesus Christ has blessed the world with their presence. It's almost April and the draft is coming Cowboy fans. Who do YOU see God's Team picking up in this years draft?
Additionally....Washington Foreskin fans are banned. If you are a Foreskin Fan I will contact the mods because you are are curse upon mankind.
Namaste.
I heard you guys might end up with Sean Payton as your head coach in a year. I smell a Superbowl if you get him as your head coach.

Forum List

Back