God’s law supersedes man’s law.

Actually I'm going to point out a fallacy about believing that God is returning soon, and please, for those of you who are still faithful, point out to me if I'm wrong:

If I'm not mistaken, the Bible says that the return of Christ and thus, the events of Revelation, will occur when they're least expected; "Like a thief in the night" is the phrase, I believe.

So, going by that, wouldn't the best way to bring about the return of Christ be to stop expecting his return any time soon? If you stop saying or expecting him to return shortly, you're actually accelerating the moment of his return? And the inverse of that, by constantly talking about the return of Christ, you're actually delaying it?

I'm not trying to be rude. I really want to know what you think. I haven't had a Christian give me a straight answer on this yet.
When did God become bound by acts of sophistry?

Non religious people seem to think that they have all the answers about God based off of 'their own reading' of the Bible. I'm not a religious or spiritual person, but it gets aggravating when people ignore two thousand years of scholarship on the subject of God and what he means, and act like they have new ideas.

Note-or the Quran and Hadiths, just to be fair.

I must repent and give all my money to the church than
Well, you go right ahead....though the church is probably going to look a you funny....

Not any church I have seen
Leads Me to believe that you have seen very few churches then.

No church has ever asked anyone to give them everything they have...at least, not a reputable church.....but then, there are democrats who believe in God....or so they say....

I would not wish to have a heart transplant based on a "two thousand" year old medical book. Would anyone?
Yeah, because ancient religions didn't hire stone masons to build their churches....they thought they could do it themselves.....:doubt:

Might want to go get another opinion...yours seems to have failed.

Actually I'm going to point out a fallacy about believing that God is returning soon, and please, for those of you who are still faithful, point out to me if I'm wrong:

If I'm not mistaken, the Bible says that the return of Christ and thus, the events of Revelation, will occur when they're least expected; "Like a thief in the night" is the phrase, I believe.

So, going by that, wouldn't the best way to bring about the return of Christ be to stop expecting his return any time soon? If you stop saying or expecting him to return shortly, you're actually accelerating the moment of his return? And the inverse of that, by constantly talking about the return of Christ, you're actually delaying it?

I'm not trying to be rude. I really want to know what you think. I haven't had a Christian give me a straight answer on this yet.

Talking about it does not delay it. but man can speed it up, There are a few good examples of how that happens in this thread.

I must repent and give all my money to the church than

I don't care.

god-spiderman_n.jpg

Man may change man's laws but cannot change God's laws. The bible does not have a law against illegal immigration but immigration laws made my man should be inforced until government changes those laws. But God's law on abortion and gay marriage is defined by God and cannot be change by man.

If you want to follow what you believe to be God's laws, then don't have an abortion or enter into a same-sex marriage. Nothing in man's law forces you to do either. What the laws force you to do is respect that other people do not have to share your beliefs, nor do they have to abide by them. That's what the Separation of Church and State in the Constitution means.

You have the freedom to follow your religious beliefs, AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE. That's one of the best parts of the US Constitution. It makes sure that you can't force me to believe as you do.

New Topics

Forum List

Back