God’s law supersedes man’s law.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
GOD’S LAW SUPERSEDES MAN’S LAW.

Man can pass laws concerning abortions and marriage but God’s laws concerning abortions and marriage supersedes man’s laws. The popular thing to do is not always the right thing to do. In no certain language God detail that marriage is between a man and a women, male and female and they become husband and wife. Adam and Eve were created and produced children as an example of a family. Gay marriage is sanctioned no where in God’s plan for marriage and a family. Sex is defined as between a man and a woman and to do other wise is against the law of nature and those doing so will suffer the consequences. Sexual immorality was one of the reason for the flood in Noah’s days. The Jews disobeyed God over and over and he punished them. It promised to punish sinful people again just as he did in the flood. Romans 13;1-7 makes it clear that God expects us to obey the laws of the government. Therefore illegal immigration is a sin. God does not give anyone permission to violate a law just because it is unjust as many claim our illegal immigration is. Roman 13;1-7 also gives the government the authority to punish lawbreakers. Illegal Aliens violate that nation’s laws as well as the laws of God. If the Government changes immigration laws we have the obligation to accept those laws.
"Be subject for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God" (1 Peter 2;13-16
We will have to be held accountable when we come face to face with God on judgment day. Gay may think they have won the battle but they have not won the war.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acts 23;5... “you must not speak injuriously of a ruler of your people”

Man may change man's laws but cannot change God's laws. The bible does not have a law against illegal immigration but immigration laws made my man should be inforced until government changes those laws. But God's law on abortion and gay marriage is defined by God and cannot be change by man.

Man may change man's laws but cannot change God's laws. The bible does not have a law against illegal immigration but immigration laws made my man should be inforced until government changes those laws. But God's law on abortion and gay marriage is defined by God and cannot be change by man.

Quite the contrary, LOL, the Bible CLEARLY deals with illegal immigration.
Biblical immigration

Deut. 19:14
Quote:
Thou shalt not remove thy neighbour's landmark, which they of old time have set in thine inheritance, which thou shalt inherit in the land that the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it.
"Landmark" refers to territory, boundary, or border.

Moses further declared in Deut. 27:17
Quote:
Cursed be he that removeth his neighbour's landmark. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Deut. 32:8
Quote:
When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people.
(Notice that God "separated the sons of Adam." God "set the bounds of the people.")

Acts 17:26
Quote:
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation.
There's those pesky borders and boundaries again.

Titus 3;1-2
Quote:
Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Luke 2;1-5
Quote:
And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed. (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
Even Jesus' parents followed the secular law and submitted themselves to the taxing authority of Rome.

Acts 24;16
Quote:
I am exercising myself continually …of committing no offense to GOD and men.
That means not breaking man's laws.

Rom 13;1-4
Quote:
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resists the power, resists the ordinance of God, and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Will you not then be afraid of the power? Do that which is good, and you shall have praise of the same. For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if you do that which is evil, be afraid: for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon he that does evil.

1Pet 2;13-15
Quote:
Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. For so is the will of God, that with well-doing you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men.

This last one kinda sums the whole thing up for me...

Lev 19:33-34
Quote:
And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him. But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

So the contrast here is between the rules that apply to 1) the stranger passing through, versus the rules that apply to 2) the stranger who was dwelling with the Israelites.

The point of the passage was INTEGRATION into the Israelite community by the stranger.

The passage is saying not to apply the same criteria to the one who is merely stopping in versus the stranger who is to be considered a part of the community.

Now here is the point that matters: in order for the stranger to be considered part of Israel, the attitude of the Israelites was that they were required to "love him as thyself"...which is a high standard.

What did that "Stranger" have to do in order to be considered PART OF ISRAEL FIRST?

The answer is that the stranger had to:

1) Become an Israelite
2) Agree to be Bound by ALL the laws of Israel
3) Agree to follow ALL of the rules of Israel
4) Agree to the SAME penalty as those who were part of Israel.

That may sound casual to those who read this today. But there are two very important points:

1) Part of the Israel Law had "Death by Stoning" for many many offenses, so joining the tribes who will stone you to death for breaking the rules has serious consequences.

2) The other part - is that in order to join Israel, he had to be circumcised.

So, instead of the responsibility being on Israel to treat that PERMANENT stranger as part of the tribe, YES - that is what they had to do,

But ONLY AFTER that stranger had agreed to abide by ALL OF THE LAWS OF ISRAEL, with death following shortly for many many infractions.

You do realize that the bible detailing "God's law" was written by MAN don't you?

Living a life around the so called word of God is a good thing in most cases BUT that choice and belief is YOURS and yours only to make and not to impose on others.

Ahhh the liberal OP has been struck by lightning or something....

Yeah, when you die....you liberals are going to find out how smart you really are.....

Believers DO speak with God, through prayer. I've seen prayer work, it works for me. No He doesn't always answer it the I want, but He answers it in a way that is best for me, every time. I've seen miracles through prayer. Of course non-believers will say it was just a coincidence. Whatever.......I know the truth. Someday you will to, but you may not like it.

Man can pass laws concerning abortions and marriage but God’s laws concerning abortions and marriage supersedes man’s laws. The popular thing to do is not always the right thing to do. In no certain language God detail that marriage is between a man and a women, male and female and they become husband and wife. Adam and Eve were created and produced children as an example of a family. Gay marriage is sanctioned no where in God’s plan for marriage and a family. Sex is defined as between a man and a woman and to do other wise is against the law of nature and those doing so will suffer the consequences. Sexual immorality was one of the reason for the flood in Noah’s days. The Jews disobeyed God over and over and he punished them. It promised to punish sinful people again just as he did in the flood. Romans 13;1-7 makes it clear that God expects us to obey the laws of the government. Therefore illegal immigration is a sin. God does not give anyone permission to violate a law just because it is unjust as many claim our illegal immigration is. Roman 13;1-7 also gives the government the authority to punish lawbreakers. Illegal Aliens violate that nation’s laws as well as the laws of God. If the Government changes immigration laws we have the obligation to accept those laws.
"Be subject for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God" (1 Peter 2;13-16
We will have to be held accountable when we come face to face with God on judgment day. Gay may think they have won the battle but they have not won the war.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romans 13;1-7 makes it clear that God expects us to obey the laws of the government.
So…which is it?

And how exactly do you propose to compel all citizens to obey ‘god’s laws’?

I know a few proud atheist, and they think they are the smartest person in the room, but after talking with them for a while you find out that's not the truth. They think they have all the anwers to everything. I tend to look to the bible for answers to my questions and in the end my answers are more logical.

Romans 13;1-7 makes it clear that God expects us to obey the laws of the government.
So…which is it?

And how exactly do you propose to compel all citizens to obey ‘god’s laws’?

Nobody can be 'compelled' to obey the laws of God, Clayton, but that disobedience will have consequences at the time of God's choosing.

Hmm. Where have I heard this before?

Oh yeah, the Middle East. Many devout Muslims get pretty cranky when we try to force them to disobey Allah by expecting them to practice democracy. They feel that democracy is in fact putting the laws of Man over the laws of their God.

But that hasn't stopped us. Do it our way or we'll blow the living shit out of you, your family and your city.

But, being "exceptional" and all, our God is better than their God, so tough shit, y'know?

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

:rock:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back