GOD’S GOV’T vs. HUMAN GOV’T.

The problem with the two above posts is that it makes God and Lucifer seem like the two brothers in the movie "Trading Places". Where they set up a young, wealthy and up and coming Wall Street guru(played by Dan Aykroyd) to fall onto hard times, and bring in a criminal off the street(Eddie Murphy) to take his place. They clean him up, put him in a fine suit and give him a summary education on the workings of the stock market. All for a $1 wager on the subject of nature vs. nurture.

Furthermore, if God will break up the works of the Devil, what do we have to fear? For Satan's influence on mankind is great, Pushing our already flawed nature further down the road to sin. If God is to "undo" all of this, are we not to blame for our own sins? No... we are responsible for own deeds. That's why we are to come unto him as children would a father. Asking forgiveness for our never ending penchant to disobey him.

God's govt is a bit one sided.
No trials just judgement. And only heaven or hell as punishment/reward.
And you suffer for all eternity unless you vote for the one guy?

Kind of like a dictatorship?

I think the thread title is a bit hosed.

like Jesus said in response to someone asking ....."if you plant a Garden,do you not pull the Weeds?"......if God breathed life into us,and we are like his Garden,and your a weed fucking the Flowers over.....you just might get pulled.......it might be a dictatorship BUT how many Dictatorships do you know of that offer Eternal life and the prospect of being much much more Mentally and Physically than what we are now?.......the price?.....worship he who created you and obey his laws.......ill take a chance with that.....

Ahh... but who are the weeds and who are the flowers? It seems to me that is the real question. Take this message board, for instance. Those on the right tend to think that those on the left are the weeds. Those on the left tend to think that those on the right are. Those of us that fall somewhere in the middle get inevitably thrown into one of those two extremes.

Really? The whole reason my politics lie where they do is because of my beliefs as a Christian. Flawed as I am...(remember, earlier in this thread I even went so far as to question the Council of Nicaea and the Roman Empire as to whether they had corrupting influence on the Bible as we know it....I even have gone so far as to read up a little on the Heretical teachings of the early Gnostic Christians that were summarily tossed aside from the Council after the establishment of the time decided on the doctrine to be used).

But I still believe that God's message is there.... I just think that perhaps the message was much simpler than what is portrayed in the bible. Why would an all powerful being want us to labor over his word like this? Why not make the message loud and clear so that there is no confusion? I think that there is very much the potential that the Roman Empire, when they adopted "Christianity" as the official religion, changed God's word to suit their own political agenda. Which is why it's more difficult to glean God's word from the bible. Note that I used the word potential.... I am not saying that I necessarily believe this.... I just have my worries about the subject and I pray quite often on it.... to no avail.

Well... I can only hope Thomas Jefferson was right in his letter to his nephew. "Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

So what, are you saying that churches that do not teach the rapture are not "christian"?

Let me ask you something, what about the tens of thousands of Near Death Experiences? including one from a pastor who wrote a book about it "90 Minutes in Heaven".

Those people are lying?

There was also the little boy, 4 years old, that died in surgery and they brought him back...i can't remember the name of the book! But it was soooo interesting. A 4 yr old doesn't have alot of "memories" stuck in his brain, or know a whole lot about Jesus. I think it was the Today show that interviewed him again recently, he's probably around 10 now. Anyway, he still remembered it all like it was yesterday...he spoke of Jesus, about his grandpa that he didn't know before (hadn't even seen pictures of him), and of a sister that died (his mother never told him about the miscarriage). He would see different pictures of Jesus and say they looked nothing like the real Jesus. Until he saw one that was painted in another country, looked different than all the rest he'd seen and said THAT was Jesus!

I can see how an adult might just see things that they've had instillled in their heads all their lives...but a 4 yr old doesn't have that.

When you hear of things like this, it's hard to believe that you're just "dead" after you pass away and won't come "alive" again until God takes us home.

Ahh... but who are the weeds and who are the flowers? It seems to me that is the real question. Take this message board, for instance. Those on the right tend to think that those on the left are the weeds. Those on the left tend to think that those on the right are. Those of us that fall somewhere in the middle get inevitably thrown into one of those two extremes.

i would think Steel in Gods garden......that would be up to him.....im sure he knows who is at least trying to be a "Flower"......and those who murder and rape and plunder would be the "Weeds".....and in many instances i would think a good many so called Religious "Leaders" would be weeds for leading people astray for profit.....i believe it is said God hates Hypocrites....so im sure they are Weeds......

The problem with the two above posts is that it makes God and Lucifer seem like the two brothers in the movie "Trading Places". Where they set up a young, wealthy and up and coming Wall Street guru(played by Dan Aykroyd) to fall onto hard times, and bring in a criminal off the street(Eddie Murphy) to take his place. They clean him up, put him in a fine suit and give him a summary education on the workings of the stock market. All for a $1 wager on the subject of nature vs. nurture.

Furthermore, if God will break up the works of the Devil, what do we have to fear? For Satan's influence on mankind is great, Pushing our already flawed nature further down the road to sin. If God is to "undo" all of this, are we not to blame for our own sins? No... we are responsible for own deeds. That's why we are to come unto him as children would a father. Asking forgiveness for our never ending penchant to disobey him.

Sorry to have upset you. Which one of the Duke Brothers was in rebellion to the other, I must've missed that part of the movie.? I didn't miss the part where they worked in commodities, not stocks. But enough nitpicking. The 'works of the Devil' will surely be broken up, God intends us to occupy this place in peace and harmony for 1,000 years, with Jesus as our King. That's Biblical, that's prophecy.

I don't see what you're getting at with 'blame' and 'sin. You'll have to explain further.

Yeah the whole Jesus was/is God thing makes Jesus out to be a liar.

i was raised as a Catholic,and i always questioned that......if Jesus was God.....who was he praying to when he prayed?....

Those Catholics... I grew up Catholic, went to Catholic school, went to Church twice every Sunday. Was an altar boy for early Mass, sang in the choir for late Mass.

When Confirmation time rolled around (8th grade) I wound up refusing it because of my questions about Catholic dogma. I got kicked out of the school, my parents were mortified and I was free to find God on my own terms. 40 years later I'm sure of one thing. Well never know until that day, and then it will all be clear. Keep the faith!!

Yeah the whole Jesus was/is God thing makes Jesus out to be a liar.

i was raised as a Catholic,and i always questioned that......if Jesus was God.....who was he praying to when he prayed?....

Those Catholics... I grew up Catholic, went to Catholic school, went to Church twice every Sunday. Was an altar boy for early Mass, sang in the choir for late Mass.

When Confirmation time rolled around (8th grade) I wound up refusing it because of my questions about Catholic dogma. I got kicked out of the school, my parents were mortified and I was free to find God on my own terms. 40 years later I'm sure of one thing. Well never know until that day, and then it will all be clear. Keep the faith!!

i was thinking of being an Alter Boy.....we thought it was kinda cool to light the Mass Candles.....and to hold that tray while everyone opened wide to get the host......i always thought it was kinda cool the way the Priest held up the big host and made it look like he turned it into hundreds of little ones.......

Forum List

Back