GOD’S GOV’T vs. HUMAN GOV’T.

causingpain-albums-crap-picture4253-the-big-book.jpg

Last edited:
The Left puts its faith in a federal bureaucracy filled with waste, bloat, sloth and corruption, and the Right puts its love in some all-seeing, all-powerful mystical, mythical deity and religion that have caused at least as much misery as they have reduced.

I'm sure this faith in a higher power provides comfort for many, that's great, but outside of that it's a massive waste of time.

Where you are wrong is that WE are our government. One man/one vote. We can decide what direction our government takes. Well... we could IF.... we got all the monied interests out of the equation and forced our representation to actually represent the people. Not the most powerful, but all of us. Not that the rich and powerful don't get a voice like everyone else, they just don't get to run the show like they have been.

As far as religion? Hey... I am a Christian. But I don't want some kind of theocracy in this country.

I'm with you on everything but the 'Rapture theory' pushed in the Left Behind books. I can find no Biblical reason to think it is true. My reasoning is really simple, Christ's return in Revelation is to defeat Satan AFTER the Tribulation. That is His Second Coming. In order to 'rapture' believers prior to the Tribulation, there would have to be a Third Coming, wouldn't there?

Not necessarily....the Rapture is when He calls us UP to Heaven. He doesn't come here. So when he returns at Armegeddon that will be His 2nd coming. That's how i understand it...

I believe the rapture theory is based on this passage... 1Thess4:15-18 "According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words."

Verse 16 explicitly says " For the Lord himself will come down from heaven...
That's where it loses me...

When Jesus returns and defeats Satan ( who is leading man's army) then God will descend to earth also. The 144000 will be called to heaven those still alive will be judged as will those whom have died. The sleeping part refers to dead people.

No one is in heaven now except Angels God and Jesus. When you die the bible refers to you as sleeping to be awakened on Judgement day. In John it is clearly stated that no man that has not descended ( Jesus) will ascend before Judgement day. All those that teach of Heaven filled with our loved ones are not correct.

So then why did Jesus tell the criminal next to him on the Cross after he asked Jesus to remember him...Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."- Luke 23:43

The truth is... You don't know... I don't know. We won't know until we die.

So then why did Jesus tell the criminal next to him on the Cross after he asked Jesus to remember him...Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."- Luke 23:43

Therefore you admit you lack faith.

Let's see... Sgt says that we won't see heaven or hell till Judgment Day... I posted a verse that says differently.... so where does your faith lie?

I happen to think that all those reports of "near Death Experiences", combined with the Luke passage refutes Sgt's theory pretty well. However... until I pass away, one really does not know which side is correct, do we?

A misplaced comma?? "I tell you the truth today, you will be with me in Paradise."

A misplaced comma?? "I tell you the truth today, you will be with me in Paradise."

OK.... how about this?

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life." (John 5:24)

He did not tell him that THAT day he would go to Heaven, he simple informed him that on Judgement day he was already judged.

OK.... how about this?

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life." (John 5:24)

I can't find my bible wife moved it and I don't know where it is. However John said as I stated. No man has ascended that has not descended. Only Jesus ascended.

OK.... how about this?

Spiritual, not physical. Jesus often spoke like this, it drove the Apostles CRAZY. He was on a whole 'nother level, as the saying goes.

OK.... how about this?

I can't find my bible wife moved it and I don't know where it is. However John said as I stated. No man has ascended that has not descended. Only Jesus ascended.

Check out biblegateway.com. Just about every translation there is, searchable, with reference books... :cool:

The radical left can't defend Barry so they launch crazy charges. Does "one Nation under God" sound familiar? How about "they are endowed by their Creator with certain alienable rights". How radical can you get when a single agnostic or atheist can ignite an anti-Christian tirade that would cause a half century Korean War monument to be bulldozed because it has a 40 ft Cross?

Besides no one in Heaven, wanna know another secret? There is no Trinity.

In John Jesus is clear, he is NOT his father. He is not God. He says it several times in John.

So what, are you saying that churches that do not teach the rapture are not "christian"?

Let me ask you something, what about the tens of thousands of Near Death Experiences? including one from a pastor who wrote a book about it "90 Minutes in Heaven".

Those people are lying?

So what, are you saying that churches that do not teach the rapture are not "christian"?

Let me ask you something, what about the tens of thousands of Near Death Experiences? including one from a pastor who wrote a book about it "90 Minutes in Heaven".

Those people are lying?

We know almost nothing about the brain, they are mistaken, I am not sure I would call them liars.

The radical left can't defend Barry so they launch crazy charges. Does "one Nation under God" sound familiar? How about "they are endowed by their Creator with certain alienable rights". How radical can you get when a single agnostic or atheist can ignite an anti-Christian tirade that would cause a half century Korean War monument to be bulldozed because it has a 40 ft Cross?

Ummm...so?

I mean, Conservative Christians could be accused of the same types of things. How they are intruding into people's bedrooms and into women's wombs because of their beliefs. How they want to legislate the morality of people who may not even believe in their God.

But that's... OK... isn't it?

Don't get me wrong... I am a Christian. However, I believe that none of us are without sin and usually the most pious and self righteous of people are usually the ones with not only skeletons in their closets... but oft times have graveyards in them.

I know I am a flawed individual... I make no allusions otherwise. We all are. "Other people's sins? They are none of your business.

Those people are lying?

We know almost nothing about the brain, they are mistaken, I am not sure I would call them liars.

Well... no brain activity on the monitors means that the brain is not giving off any electrical output...thereby... that brain is essentially dead. Chemically? Perhaps.... I won't necessarily give you that... but it is a consideration.

What about the first part of that post? What about Churches that don't teach the Rapture?

Forum List

Back