God's Army

Which offends you most Ravy? God or Army? How about those shotgun toting black panthers intimidating voters? Maybe Bill Ayers still seems like a visionary?
I don't approve of guns in church, Ayers, or black panthers.

Thanks for asking.

Did he kill people? IMO, he would be disturbed at the turning of a church into a wild west saloon.

Well, that would depend on your view of the Trinity. If Jesus was God in human form and God killed people in the Old Testament, then yes he has. He has also defended people.
Ah...but Jesus was the kinder, gentler god that preached peace and turning the other cheek. If we were discussing the God of the OT, you'd have a point.

Exactly. You would have the God that had young children killed for making fun of someone who was bald. You would have the God who not only condoned but ordered the rape of women.

I'm not particularly concerned about what some paranoid people want to do in their own church. I can simply refuse to attend any place of worship where people with a persecution complex are running around with guns looking for trouble. None of my business.

My question is a little broader. "Army of God"? Really? Who is the "enemy" this "Army" needs to be ready to fight?

Luke 22:36 (Jesus) He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

I don't know if kw has noticed or not, but Jesus never comes down and smites bad guys.

Don't know if you ever studied the Bible, but Jesus was God in human form and was capable of anger.

Cleansing of the Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh puleeze... seriously?

whatever happened to turn the other cheek?

selective much?

If people want to bring their guns to their church who am I to tell then not to?

They know what GOD they worship.

I'm not particularly concerned about what some paranoid people want to do in their own church. I can simply refuse to attend any place of worship where people with a persecution complex are running around with guns looking for trouble. None of my business.

My question is a little broader. "Army of God"? Really? Who is the "enemy" this "Army" needs to be ready to fight?

The enemy is clearly people who let their dog's crap in my yard.:evil:

Well that's a different story!

:Boom2:

Well that's a different story!

:Boom2:

I'm pretty sure I could form a congregation of armed religious zealots dedicated to battling this enemy

papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif

papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif
papst_2.gif

Last edited:
Did he kill people? IMO, he would be disturbed at the turning of a church into a wild west saloon.

Well, that would depend on your view of the Trinity. If Jesus was God in human form and God killed people in the Old Testament, then yes he has. He has also defended people.
Ah...but Jesus was the kinder, gentler god that preached peace and turning the other cheek. If we were discussing the God of the OT, you'd have a point.

We are. They are one and the same.

Remember that turn the other cheek thing?

oh puleeze... seriously?

whatever happened to turn the other cheek?

selective much?

I don't think that means what you think it means.

In John 18:10 Peter clearly not only carries a sword while in the company of Jesus, but when the High Priests come to arrest Jesus, Peter unsheathes the sword and defends Jesus with it. He is rebuked not for defending Jesus, or causing harm, but for attempting to interfere with God's plan.

Last edited:
You're supposed to turn the other cheek so the aggressor can back-hand you easier.

The same and yet with a personality change. If you have an example of Jesus smiting bad guys anytime during his lifetime or since please post it.

The same and yet with a personality change. If you have an example of Jesus smiting bad guys anytime during his lifetime or since please post it.

Already did, weren't you paying attention?

smite (smt)
v. smote (smt), smit·ten (smtn) or smote, smit·ing, smites
v.tr.
a. To inflict a heavy blow on, with or as if with the hand, a tool, or a weapon.
b. To drive or strike (a weapon, for example) forcefully onto or into something else.
2. To attack, damage, or destroy by or as if by blows.
a. To afflict: The population was smitten by the plague.
b. To afflict retributively; chasten or chastise.
4. To affect sharply with great feeling: He was smitten by deep remorse.
v.intr.
To deal a blow with or as if with the hand or a hand-held weapon.

John 2:13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father’s house into a market!”

Forum List

Back