God's Army

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
This seems whacked on many levels...one being why would someone want to attend a service and wonder if some overly "trained" idiot would decide they were an enemy?

Members of Bossier Parish churches trained with sheriff's deputies Saturday to prepare themselves for the unlikely event someone might threaten their congregations with violence.

In the first of several planned Church Security Training Sessions at the Bossier sheriff's gun range, the 20 trainees sat through several classroom hours before taking their weapons to the range.
The class follows a law that went into effect in July allowing guns to be carried inside houses of worship across the state. Those attending already held concealed-carry permits and have experience with guns.
"Over the past several years, the violence has gotten worse and worse" said Jim Middleton, a retired member of the Elm Grove Baptist Church in south Bossier Parish. "I'd rather be proactive than working after the fact. We're all in God's army, and you don't see any army going to war unarmed."
Middleton said his church has discussed security, including possibly adding a security detail to services. He said he wanted to be ready to serve in that capacity if asked.

Locals train to keep churches safe | shreveporttimes.com | Shreveport Times

A church in KY had a bring your guns to church day last year. Not sure if it became a regular practice or not.
Just another example of religion gone wrong.

Luke 22:36 (Jesus) He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

I don't know if kw has noticed or not, but Jesus never comes down and smites bad guys.

Luke 22:36 (Jesus) He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

I don't know if kw has noticed or not, but Jesus never comes down and smites bad guys.

Don't know if you ever studied the Bible, but Jesus was God in human form and was capable of anger.

Cleansing of the Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Did he kill people? IMO, he would be disturbed at the turning of a church into a wild west saloon.

Don't know if you ever studied the Bible, but Jesus was God in human form and was capable of anger.

Did he kill people? IMO, he would be disturbed at the turning of a church into a wild west saloon.

Well, that would depend on your view of the Trinity. If Jesus was God in human form and God killed people in the Old Testament, then yes he has. He has also defended people.

Damn, there's a lot of paranoid weirdos floating around the United States. I don't mind churches organizing self-defense courses however what's the point of concealed weapons in church!?

Well, that would depend on your view of the Trinity. If Jesus was God in human form and God killed people in the Old Testament, then yes he has. He has also defended people.
Ah...but Jesus was the kinder, gentler god that preached peace and turning the other cheek. If we were discussing the God of the OT, you'd have a point.

Which offends you most Ravy? God or Army? How about those shotgun toting black panthers intimidating voters? Maybe Bill Ayers still seems like a visionary?

Forum List

Back