God vs science

A religion that promise a reward for doing evil can only be manmade.

Granted.

Now, the following names mean anything to you? David, Moses, Joshua? What about Jesubites, Moabites, Hittites, Jericho?

Either genocide is good in your eyes or your religion is manmade and false.

Froggy contemplates the matter:

painted+into+corner.jpg

☭proletarian☭;2160623 said:

Granted.

Now, the following names mean anything to you? David, Moses, Joshua? What about Jesubites, Moabites, Hittites, Jericho?

painted+into+corner.jpg

Aren't those some of the new pokemon?

☭proletarian☭;2160623 said:

Granted.

painted+into+corner.jpg

Explain each ones evil.

Bethlehem's name was Bethan as I recall before Joshua's clan killed or ran away all the Caananites.

SO as you see it Americans are evil for going to war with Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Vietnam, Germany, Japan, etc.

Given the logic "Evil is the absence of God"

How can one determine if god is present?

Think about it. How would you determine if something is "Good" or "Evil" if you cannot determine if God is present?

If you can, then you know a way to measure god and can explain it to us.
If you cannot, then what do you really know about Good or Evil? What do you really know about God?

and where the hell is god with all the horrible shit in the world? He's often a lot more often than not.

What language was that translated from ?:confused:

There sure as hell isn't any Murkin kidz capable of that kind of debate.:tongue:

But like Dooooood.
Like . If there isn't, than, like, who made mushroomz ?

That's a distinction without a difference!

"Create" from the Hebrew lexicon that comes with my bible:

01254 bara' baw-raw'; v

KJV - to create, shape, form

Since you're playing semantics:

First of all, the Hebrew word for evil "rah" is used in many different ways in the Bible. In the KJV Bible, it occurs 663 times. 431 times it is translated as "evil." The other 232 times it is translated as "wicked", "bad", "hurt", "harm", "ill", "sorrow", "mischief", "displeased", "adversity", "affliction", "trouble", "calamity", "grievous", "misery", and "trouble." So you see that the word does not require that it be translated as "evil." This is why different Bibles translate this verse differently. It is translated as "calamity" by the NASB and NKJV; "disaster" by the NIV; and "woe" by the RSV;

Second, the context of the verse is speaking of natural phenomena.

"I am the Lord, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known Me; 6 That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other, 7 The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these," (Isaiah 45:5-7).

First of all, it was the light who was playing semantic games with "form" and "create." In typical CON$ervaTard fashion, you accuse others of what you are doinf yourself. Just like the light "conveniently missed" my definition of evil while accusing me of conveniently missing his question. See the first quote in my sig.

And, if you are free to change the words of the bible, you can make it say anything you want rendering it completely worthless.

Below is ra/evil from the lexicon that came with my bible. Clearly, no matter how you try to spin it, whether adj or noun male or noun female, ra/evil is NOT GOOD, so the "all-good" God boasts of CREATING that which is not good.

07451 ra` rah or fem. ra`ah

KJV - evil 442, wickedness 59, wicked 25, mischief 21, hurt 20, bad 13, trouble 10, sore 9, affliction 6, ill 5, adversity 4, favoured 3, harm 3, naught 3, noisome 2, grievous 2, sad 2, misc 34; 663

adj
1) bad, evil
1a) bad, disagreeable, malignant
1b) bad, unpleasant, evil (giving pain, unhappiness, misery)
1c) evil, displeasing
1d) bad (of its kind - land, water, etc)
1e) bad (of value)
1f) worse than, worst (comparison)
1g) sad, unhappy
1h) evil (hurtful)
1i) bad, unkind (vicious in disposition)
1j) bad, evil, wicked (ethically)
1j1) in general, of persons, of thoughts
1j2) deeds, actions

n m
2) evil, distress, misery, injury, calamity
2a) evil, distress, adversity
2b) evil, injury, wrong
2c) evil (ethical)

n f
3) evil, misery, distress, injury
3a) evil, misery, distress
3b) evil, injury, wrong
3c) evil (ethical)

Fact is you're doing exactly the same thing Light is doing. He may have started it, but you played along.

Forum List

Back