God, Trump, and Thanksgiving

Let there be no misunderstanding here: in no way nor manner am I comparing the President-elect to the Creator. That will remain the tactic of the Liberals, as they've done with Obama and Bill's wife.

No, this post is meant to underscore the new beginnings that President Trump presages....appointments have suggested a new and positive relationship with Israel, and an equally positive view of vouchers and charter schools, wresting control from the teacher's unions.

No, this is a hope that President Trump will renew the American belief and acceptance of God's place in America.

From an editorial in today's NYSun:

1. "Washington, we have noted in our annual Thanksgiving editorial, had been asked by Congress to recommend “a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God.”

2. John Adams, noting that the “the safety and prosperity of nations ultimately and essentially depend on the protection and the blessing of Almighty God” and that “the national acknowledgment of this truth is not only an indispensable duty which the people owe to Him, but a duty whose natural influence is favorable to the promotion of that morality and piety without which social happiness can not exist nor the blessings of a free government be enjoyed,” recommended “a day of solemn humiliation, fasting, and prayer” to “the Father of Mercies.”

3. Thomas Jefferson — an architect of the idea of the separation of church and state — did not issue a Thanksgiving proclamation.[ At least not while he was president; in 1789, he did, while serving as governor of Virginia, issue a proclamation establishing December 9, 1789, as a day of thanksgiving to God.]

4. The practice resumed with James Madison, who set aside January 12, 1815, as “a day on which all may have an opportunity of voluntarily offering at the same time in their respective religious assemblies their humble adoration to the Great Sovereign of the Universe, of confessing their sins and transgressions, and of strengthening their vows of repentance.”

5. Lincoln issued four Thanksgiving proclamations, two of which — in 1862 and 1863 — made reference to a divine role in Union military victories. In 1864, he set apart the last Thursday in November “as a day which I desire to be observed by all my fellow-citizens, wherever they may then be, as a day of thanksgiving and praise to Almighty God, the beneficent Creator and Ruler of the Universe.”
‘Our Common Creed’ - The New York Sun
Are you purposely trying to drive tissue sales up? :)

For the Record:

Over two million more votes were cast for HRC than for Donald Trump.

US Green Party raises enough funds for Wisconsin recount

And more money collected will look at the votes in PA and Michigan.

Trump won the popular vote as well as the electoral college.

1. "Three million votes in the U.S. presidential election were cast by illegal aliens, according to Greg Phillips of the VoteFraud.org organization.

If true, this would mean that Donald Trump still won the contest despite widespread vote fraud and almost certainly won the popular vote.

“We have verified more than three million votes cast by non-citizens,” tweeted Phillips after reporting that the group had completed an analysis of a database of 180 million voter registrations."
Report: Three Million Votes in Presidential Election Cast by Illegal Aliens

2. How many of the absentee ballots are from the military....and who do you imagine (I almost said 'think') they voted for?

You Liberal simpletons never seem able to connect the dots.

LOL, Only three million? Come on now PC, you've put all other political hacks to shame. It must be over a billion rigged votes, The Donald told us so, and he is The Man Diogenes of Sinope searched for, for over two thousand years.

My source, the San Diego Chicken told us that over the border, he crossed using the aka Mr. Pollo by the way, that thousand of polls were open to voters, each one allowed to cast as many votes as they wanted for HRC. It's true, you can ask him.

BTW2, the last time I saw Mr. Pollo he was in a cast, those skinning little chicken legs couldn't support him after casting 6,347 votes for HRC in each claw (did you know he was ambidextrous?).

Get back to me in four years.

For the Record:

The population of each state is represented by the votes cast within that state. Therefore, any president who wins the electoral college - by definition - wins the popular vote.
Creating your own definition of "popular vote" to suit your fancy, i see.

For the Record:

The population of each state is represented by the votes cast within that state. Therefore, any president who wins the electoral college - by definition - wins the popular vote.
Creating your own definition of "popular vote" to suit your fancy, i see.
No. The electoral college represents the popular vote the same way our represented government represents the people.

Revelation 11:18 Says, God will destroy those who destroy the earth.
Trump's stance on coal and the EPA, shows the state of Trump's respect for God's commandments.

Funny to find a biblical quote from one who worships the Earth, Mother Gaia.

I guess the Bard had you in mind when he wrote this:

“The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!”

The Bible is full of verses about being stewards of God's earth.
You really have no clue and your response was nothing but denial of God's will.
Maybe, you should stick to something you have a ounce of knowledge about.

"Maybe, you should stick to something you have a ounce of knowledge about."

OK....here we go: you're an imbecile.

Better?

Another immature deflection.
Face the truth PC, all you've done is respond with denials and deflection. That'd be zero substance.

Trump's stance on coal and the EPA, shows the state of Trump's respect for God's commandments.

Better?

Face the truth PC, all you've done is respond with denials and deflection. That'd be zero substance.

But.....based on your ability......how would you know?

Better?

Can you tell me what beliefs you have that make you believe you are "comfortably moderate?" Because as I scan through your comments, I'm not seeing it.

“I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters, OK? It’s like incredible.” Donald Trump describing the mentality of his supporters.

It depends who he shoots.

Better?

But.....based on your ability......how would you know?
He claims his wife is a psychologist.... boy does she have her work cut out for her.

How in hell did you get from the EPA to the Earth to God? Hate to break it to you, but the EPA is not a God ordained ministry, it's a secular bureaucracy.

Forum List

Back