God to Jesus. I just condemned the human race. Now go die to save them.

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by GreatestIam, Jun 1, 2012.

1. GreatestIam

GreatestIam VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    God to Jesus. I just condemned the human race. Now go die to save them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoHP-f-_F9U]Nothing but the blood? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ott15j2KwQ&feature=related]God Killed Jesus (Responsibility & Christianity) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqP_fjBkwxc&feature=related]Richard Dawkins schools Howard Conder on morality - YouTube[/ame]

I think that the notion that punishing the innocent instead of the guilty perpetrator is immoral. Be it a willing sacrifice as some believe with Jesus or unwilling victim.

I also think that God, who has a plethora of other options, would have come up with a moral way instead of an immoral and barbaric human sacrifice.

I agree with scriptures say that we are all responsible for our own righteousness as well as our own iniquity and that God cannot be bribed by sacrifice.

Ezekiel 18:20
    The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psalm 49:7
    None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

I believe as I do because I believe that the first rule of morality is harm/care of children.

TED Blog | The real difference between liberals and conservatives: Jonathan Haidt on TED.com

Do you agree that the notion of substitutionary atonement is immoral and that God’s first principle of morality is hare/harm and that this would prevent him from demanding the death of his son?

Regards
    DL

2. AmericanFirst

AmericanFirst Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,005
    I think you do not know what you are talking about, again.

3. fred1369

fred1369 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I bet He promised Him a bicycle and a puppy.

4. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    there is power in the blood...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttdO2RtX_Ik]Hypo full of love Alabama 3,,,by eots - YouTube[/ame]

5. fred1369

fred1369 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Answer his question:
    Do you agree that the notion of substitutionary atonement is immoral and that God’s first principle of morality is hare/harm and that this would prevent him from demanding the death of his son?

6. MaryL

MaryL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,968
    Another typical clueless pseudo atheist rant. How nice for you. Does your mom know? How cluless you really are? You need help, kiddo.

7. AmericanFirst

AmericanFirst Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,005
    His question is stupid. If he understood the Bible he would not ask stupid questions like that. God is God, he does not have to explain himself.

8. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,476
    That is the best answer, but one that these fuckheads wont grasp because they have no faith.

Let me essplain it to you godless heathen.

1. Everyone is guilty of committing sin. No one is innocent, even the greatest saints, monks and holy men have siunned.

2. God is Holy and also Just. He cannot live with thos who accept sin and willfully engage in it. At the same time since He is Just, He cannot condemn the perps and pervs and then let the righteous off the hook because even the most righteous are not completely righteous.

3. Debts can be paid by a person other than the guilty party and have always been able to in almost every nation, even today the court doesnt care if you pay your traffic fine or your parents do. In the past people could take someone elses place for punishments that they could not survive, like whippings etc. We cannot pay the fine for our sin, but Christ can and did.

Now saying all that, it wont matter for jack shit because no anti-Christian or nonBiblical pseudoChristian really gives a shit. This OP question is just more rhetorical bullshit to confuse weak minded people.

But one day the bullshit wont fly and in a sense doesnt even now as God knows what is in our heart and these heathen bastards arent getting away with jack shit. They will answer for all their mockery and blasphemy one day. And may that day hasten.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. GreatestIam

GreatestIam VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Chastisement without correction is just cruelty.
    Thanks for showing you stripes Christian.

If you could refute or correct, we all know you would.

Regards
    DL

10. GreatestIam

GreatestIam VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Not a bad tune actually.

Thanks.

Regards
    DL