God keeps providing miracles!

IMO, the "problem" with miracles is that people get superstitious about them.

Do you understand what the lack of oxygen to the brain causes ? It damages the brain,yes this is a miracle.

My brain was damaged by a blood clot that only stopped blood flow for a few seconds. It really messed my brain up and i will be on medication to slow the activity of my brain until i am gone. It messed up my nervous system ,balance and caused major anxiety.

I am so sorry for you! I will pray for you and let's see if we can have another miracle. Take care, friend

And yet, that doesn't change the fact that there are miracles.

I've been physically healed by the power of God before. Wasn't expecting it. I don't remember asking for it. But it happened and I can't deny that. The Spirit can do as He chooses.

Do you understand what the lack of oxygen to the brain causes ? It damages the brain,yes this is a miracle.

My brain was damaged by a blood clot that only stopped blood flow for a few seconds. It really messed my brain up and i will be on medication to slow the activity of my brain until i am gone. It messed up my nervous system ,balance and caused major anxiety.

Don't worry. God will heal you:)

Prayer works and it doesn't matter who you're praying to. Miracles occur in many religious traditions. Phenomena that cannot be rationally explained occur.

Now we know it's true.......we have your word for it.

Well........................at least that's better than the word of ignorant people 2000 years ago.

If prayer works so well, then why doesn't god heal amputees? Does no none pray for them to be healed?

Healings require faith. The greater the healing the more faith that is necessary.

Interesting. I'd be curious to know what the hierarchy of healings is regarding the amount of faith required for a successful healing. For instance, according to your theory it takes less faith for a successful healing of a person suffering from a metastasized form of cancer than a successful regeneration of the limb of an amputee. I've heard a few accounts of spontaneous remissions of stage 4 cancer, but I've never heard of an amputee regaining his or her lost limb (prosthetic limbs don't count). It seems to me that the more unlikely a natural healing of an ailment is to occur, the more faith it requires to heal said ailment. How are we to distinguish a natural healing from a real, bona fide miracle healing from God? I would say the only way to distinguish one from the other would be to observe what happens to patients suffering from ailments that are naturally incurable, such as amputees. It seems that God only works miracle healings when the specific ailment can naturally and spontaneously heal, thus making it impossible to distinguish the miraculous from the natural. How convenient.

When I became disabled and unable to teach any longer, I became really depressed and my son wanted me to move four states away to live near him.

In the shape I was in, I couldn't keep the house up to sell it let alone be able to pack the house due to subsequent operations. I prayed for help and a path to follow.

I happened to be at Kinkos one day and a young man and woman wanted to bind some booklets he made for his class at the U. It would cost $100.00 the Kinkos employee said. But the young man didn't have the money.

I was standing behind him and told him I didn't live far and had a binder and equipment at home. They came over, I bound the books and they loved my house. They agreed to wait for my recovery and bought my home. They paid my asking price.

Yes, there are other stories as well, but this tells me Someone was listening. I am so very grateful. Coincidence? I don't think so.

What we need comes to us. What we need to know is revealed to us in the perfect time / space sequence. That is ... if one believes. I do.

I'll tell you what I remember about prayer. My grandparents took me to church three times a week. On Wednesday evenings the prayer lists were a foot long. Every family either had a member of a friend who was dying of cancer or heart disease. There were no treatments for coronary conditions and the only thing they could do for cancer was surgery and over half the time the tumor metastici ed and the patient lived a year or so more. I saw more closed casket funerals back then, before 1950 than all like that combined since then. People prayed till they were blue in the face and their knees were bloody. Guess what....after hundreds of billions of prayers the ailing suffered and died anyway.

Now...with diet control, sophisticated electronic diagnostic systems, MRI's, CATScans, ultrasound, endoscopy, colonoscopy, annual checkups, stents, bypasses, pacemakers, stem cells, etc. the same patients live on to their eighties and sometimes nineties.

Either ol' Gawd wasn't even listening back then or he doesn't give a phiddler's phuck.

What I've just posted can be verified by the actuarial tables used by insurance companies. People used to get sick and die. Now they get sick and 500 companies make money off them for about twenty years and they die anyway.

Were you talking to me? I never said anything about prayer so perhaps your post was directed at Jackson.

You sound like a man who has been carrying around some anger, hate and resentment. That crap will eat away at your soul ... that is if you believe you have a soul.

If prayer works so well, then why doesn't god heal amputees? Does no none pray for them to be healed?

If it works so well why are there nearly a billion people, mostly children, who are starving to death or suffering from mal nutrition. Surely somebody is praying for them.

Doctors said there was no way the child escaped disabilities although being brought back to life. Mother said he IS a little different from before his experience. He talks better!

How many times have we neglected to see the miracles that happen each day?

So, how many children died of starvation that day? Why does your God save some children and kill others?

We are all here to transcend our early limitations, whatever they were. We're here to recognize our own magnificence and divinity no matter what they told us. You have your negative beliefs to overcome, and I have my negative beliefs to overcome.

- Louise Hay

Doctors said there was no way the child escaped disabilities although being brought back to life. Mother said he IS a little different from before his experience. He talks better!

How many times have we neglected to see the miracles that happen each day?

So, how many children died of starvation that day? Why does your God save some children and kill others?

They can't answer a simple question like that. The reason....either there is no god or he doesn't give a damn. It couldn't be more obvious if it were the nose on one's face.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back