"God is with us": High school student finds hanging cross among tornado debris

573574_630x354.jpg

MOORE, OK (KTRK) --

People are finding signs of hope in the damage left behind from a series of strong storms and tornadoes that barreled through Oklahoma and Arkansas last night.

Chase Rhodes lives in Moore, Oklahoma and took this picture of a broken power pole on 119th St. and Western Ave.

The power pole had formed a cross that was now suspended on the lines in the air.

http://abc13.com/weather/god-is-with-us-symbol-of-hope-found-in-tornado-debris/573573/

I'd rather the post be in the ground where it belongs, but I guess God was mad at MOORE, OK. for some reason.
That's a power pole. If you look behind it, there are lots more....in fact, most towns that have not buried their power lines have those all over the place. Why is this one exceptional?

to the kid----it so NICELY forms a cross----a symbol he found "comforting"----
*****SHEEEEESH*******

There was a cross found at Ground Zero 9/11 too. I do not believe in coincidences.

2-cross.jpg

573574_630x354.jpg

MOORE, OK (KTRK) --

People are finding signs of hope in the damage left behind from a series of strong storms and tornadoes that barreled through Oklahoma and Arkansas last night.

Chase Rhodes lives in Moore, Oklahoma and took this picture of a broken power pole on 119th St. and Western Ave.

The power pole had formed a cross that was now suspended on the lines in the air.

http://abc13.com/weather/god-is-with-us-symbol-of-hope-found-in-tornado-debris/573573/

I'd rather the post be in the ground where it belongs, but I guess God was mad at MOORE, OK. for some reason.
"God is with us"

You know what really would have shown that God was with them? A tornado NOT happening to their town.

I disagree. There is no testimony without a test and there is not triumph without a trial.

573574_630x354.jpg

MOORE, OK (KTRK) --

That's a power pole. If you look behind it, there are lots more....in fact, most towns that have not buried their power lines have those all over the place. Why is this one exceptional?

*****SHEEEEESH*******

There was a cross found at Ground Zero 9/11 too. I do not believe in coincidences.

2-cross.jpg

You do know that the cross as a pagan religious symbol predates Christianity by thousands of years, right?

573574_630x354.jpg

MOORE, OK (KTRK) --

*****SHEEEEESH*******

2-cross.jpg

You do know that the cross as a pagan religious symbol predates Christianity by thousands of years, right?

It's a GEOMETRIC FIGURE----pagan witch----such figures show up even in nature-----your comment is IDIOTIC---and
meaningless. Christians have been using it as a symbol-----try to cope

573574_630x354.jpg

MOORE, OK (KTRK) --

*****SHEEEEESH*******

2-cross.jpg

Neither do I. Why I know Christianity pisses God off given how often He destroys a church through inclement weather. :)

573574_630x354.jpg

MOORE, OK (KTRK) --

*****SHEEEEESH*******

2-cross.jpg

jeri---there is a dictum in medical research----"once is an accident, twice is
a coincidence and three times is a "series"------the one that came about in the storm is particularly STRIKING against
the slightly storm sky and over the rubble of the tornado devastation

God Almighty can use anything. He is the One who has dominion over the heavens, the earth and under the earth - even the bottom of the sea. God is in full control. He sees everything.

Satan is not in charge of anything. It is all an illusion. He cannot do anything without petitioning God first as he had to do in the story of Job. God Almighty is in complete control. It is wonderful to know that in personal experience and realize that His eye is watching over His people and He keeps them even in the midst of the storm.

Once, being unable to find any sleeping accommodation in a certain city, Rabbi Akiva was compelled to pass the night outside its walls. Without a murmur he resigned himself to this hardship; and even when a lion devoured his donkey, and a cat killed the rooster whose crowing was to herald the dawn to him, and the wind extinguished his candle, the only remark he made was, "All that God does is for the good." When morning dawned he learned how true his words were. A band of robbers had fallen upon the city and carried its inhabitants into captivity, but he had escaped because his abiding place had not been noticed in the darkness, and neither beast nor fowl had betrayed him

There once was a Glorg who was experiencing the rekmas with his grishnik. One day the grishnik bit the Glorg on his grebnax. The Glorg realized at this point that his friend the grishnik was actually a zalworg tobeckplizing zorgmorker!

But it was too late.

No longer was the grishnek his bungorf. The grishnek turned the Glorg into a Glorg Supreme and ate him.

Then the Glorg woke up and realized it was all just a shlorvax! He prayed to Glorthrog the All Seeing and gave thanks for his bungorf, whom he treated with love for the rest of his days!

The end

Satan is not in charge of anything. It is all an illusion. He cannot do anything without petitioning God first as he had to do in the story of Job. God Almighty is in complete control. It is wonderful to know that in personal experience and realize that His eye is watching over His people and He keeps them even in the midst of the storm.

Jeri----now you are doing jewish theology------you are correct accordingly. My impression of at least some Christian theology is the idea that "SATAN"----- has a personality and personal
POWER------and even armies of evil helpers
and a kind of KINGDOM-----like Hades.

His powers are limited, Rosie. He cannot do something to a child of God without petitioning God first. It is just as it is written in the Book of Job concerning his having to petition God first. The saddest thing I have seen is Christian believers who fear the devil. Why would you fear someone you have authority over? Why wouldn't you fear God who has the power to cast into hell? Not Satan! Satan cannot cast anyone into hell! He is going to be there with his servants suffering indescribable torment for all eternity! How could he be the ruler of anything when he is being punished for all eternity in the very place he is supposedly ruler over? No. Jesus Christ is LORD. Even over Hell. When Jesus Christ shows up? Satan's meetings in hell (with his servants) are shut down. Jesus shuts it down when he shows up. When Satan even hears the name of Jesus he falls to the ground as if he was struck by lightning. His own followers have witnessed it before. After they leave Satanism and become Christians they all tell the same story - again and again. It is just as it is written in Luke 10:18

And he said unto them: And I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Luke 10:18
and again it is written:

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luke 10:19

and again it is written:

Nothwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you, but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
Luke 10:20

So Satan is under the feet of the Believer. The Believer had been given power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy. (Satan) He can do nothing to the blood washed follower of Christ. NOTHING. The spirits spoken of in Luke 10:20 are demonic spirits. These demons are subject unto me. Knowing this - I do not rejoice over my authority but that I have been adopted into the family of God - that I am a child of God and that my name is written in the Lamb's book of Life.

My personal belief is that the just shall live by Faith. This is also Scripture. The Just shall live by Faith. Abraham was justified by His Faith. I do not see the Believers Warfare as anything without Faith. It is Faith that is the shield that covers the Believer. It is Faith that Conquers and it is God who gives us our Faith. Without Faith we cannot please God. We must Believe God. The more we Fear God the less we fear anything else. God is Everything. GOD IS IN FULL CONTROL.

It's all in your point of view.

Once, being unable to find any sleeping accommodation in a certain city, Rabbi Akiva was compelled to pass the night outside its walls. Without a murmur he resigned himself to this hardship; and even when a lion devoured his donkey, and a cat killed the rooster whose crowing was to herald the dawn to him, and the wind extinguished his candle, the only remark he made was, "All that God does is for the good." When morning dawned he learned how true his words were. A band of robbers had fallen upon the city and carried its inhabitants into captivity, but he had escaped because his abiding place had not been noticed in the darkness, and neither beast nor fowl had betrayed him
The entire city was captured by robbers! Praise Jebus!

you are sick
and demon possessed. yes.
Sometimes I accidentally scratch myself with my pointy tail!

It's that story we all read in Junior High school---
THE DEVIL AND DANIEL WEBSTER-----
I had nitemares

If I doubted for a single moment that God was not in full control I would repent immediately and open the Scriptures and read them out loud hour after hour after hour after hour until I began to believe God over everything else seen and unseen - then I would pray to the LORD and ask for more faith and continue to read the Word of God out loud - hour after hour after hour after hour - and if necessary stay up all night and continue to read and declare the Word of God hour after hour after hour and then I would Worship and praise God continually throughout the day - I would listen to nothing but the Word of God - read nothing but the Word of God - spend every moment continually thinking upon the Lord Jesus Christ until the matter was settled in my heart. All Christians should put on the whole armour of God every single day and above all else - use their shield of faith. Every day we should be declaring the Word of God - writing out the Word of God - reading the Word of God. Every single day. (then share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others because that is what it is all about - Abiding in Christ / His Word abiding in us/ salvation of souls through preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ)

Satan isn't challenging us to a mock battle. We need to be walking in confidence towards God so that our faith is not moved when the wicked one shows up. Then we shall have the Victory every single time.

It's that story we all read in Junior High school---
THE DEVIL AND DANIEL WEBSTER-----
I had nitemares

I never read the story, Rosie. I've heard of the name Daniel Webster but I missed a lot of school. They may have taught about it when I wasn't there.

If I doubted for a single moment that God was not in full control I would repent immediately and open the Scriptures and read them out loud hour after hour after hour after hour until I began to believe God over everything else seen and unseen - then I would pray to the LORD and ask for more faith and continue to read the Word of God out loud - hour after hour after hour after hour - and if necessary stay up all night and continue to read and declare the Word of God hour after hour after hour and then I would Worship and praise God continually throughout the day - I would listen to nothing but the Word of God - read nothing but the Word of God - spend every moment continually thinking upon the Lord Jesus Christ until the matter was settled in my heart. All Christians should put on the whole armour of God every single day and above all else - use their shield of faith. Every day we should be declaring the Word of God - writing out the Word of God - reading the Word of God. Every single day. (then share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others because that is what it is all about - Abiding in Christ / His Word abiding in us/ salvation of souls through preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ)

Satan isn't challenging us to a mock battle. We need to be walking in confidence towards God so that our faith is not moved when the wicked one shows up. Then we shall have the Victory every single time.

You really ought to read some history books or at least read some history or other writings besides just Jewish stuff. You ever even wonder why so may Jews came from out of the Soviet Russia, they are Khazars, Hebrew died except for a few strangling real Jews, and they spoke Yiddish. Your either a Jew , or a Christian, one isn't both.

573574_630x354.jpg

MOORE, OK (KTRK) --

Gee a telephone pole!!! Hung up in wires!!! Praise jebus!!!

Forum List

Back