God... Is Time.

The past cannot be observed without a present.

If the past is being observed, its observance proves a present.

Wicked hard, I know.

No photograph is a capture of an instantaneous moment. ALL photographs take some amount of time to capture and can't be captured without time happening. Back in the early days of photography, that "instantaneous moment" might take 10 minutes to record... it's why no one smiled in photos back then.

Everything you view is an event which already happened and is in the past.
Which doesnt mean it takes faith to believe in the present.

When youre observing the past, youre IN the present. If youre not, theres no you, theres no observor to observe said past.

Your cheap philosophy class in middle school fucking failed you, REALLY bad.

It requires faith to believe "the present" is actually as we observe it (in the past) to have been. Has to require faith because science can't evaluate what can't be observed. Even your awareness of self in the present is already history before you can perceive it.
Drool tards levels of fucking dumb.

WHEN do you percieve?

I've repeatedly said that "perception" is not part of the debate. Perceptions vary from one individual to another and none of us have identical perceptions of reality. Perceptions can be all over the board. Some claim they have perception of the future... others might have the perception they are in the jungles of Vietnam in 1968... still others may be comatose and have no perception whatsoever.

Back to the star example.. I have perception of a star in the sky... it's there, I can see it and it's in what I define as the present... but what I have perception of may no longer exist in reality because I am seeing the star from hundreds of years ago. My perception is NOT reality of the present.
Perception has nothing to do with your argument that we cant percieve the present?

Lol tell me more, Einstein.

I've never said we can't perceive the present. I said we cannot observe the present. Our perception of present is happening in the past because physics and time must happen first. We rely on faith that the present is how we're perceiving it.

Wicked hard, I know.

Circular reasoning does not a scientific argument make. Wicked hard, yes indeed!

When youre observing the past, youre IN the present. If youre not, theres no you, theres no observor to observe said past.

It requires faith to believe "the present" is actually as we observe it (in the past) to have been. Has to require faith because science can't evaluate what can't be observed. Even your awareness of self in the present is already history before you can perceive it.

WHEN do you percieve?

I've repeatedly said that "perception" is not part of the debate. Perceptions vary from one individual to another and none of us have identical perceptions of reality. Perceptions can be all over the board. Some claim they have perception of the future... others might have the perception they are in the jungles of Vietnam in 1968... still others may be comatose and have no perception whatsoever.

Back to the star example.. I have perception of a star in the sky... it's there, I can see it and it's in what I define as the present... but what I have perception of may no longer exist in reality because I am seeing the star from hundreds of years ago. My perception is NOT reality of the present.
Perception has nothing to do with your argument that we cant percieve the present?

I've never said we can't perceive the present. I said we cannot observe the present. Our perception of present is happening in the past because physics and time must happen first. We rely on faith that the present is how we're perceiving it.
Betcha $100 you said just that.

Faith has nothing to do with the existence of the present.

WHEN do you percieve?

So religion is a requirement for perception.

We only perceive the present. That is the only 'time' that ever is.

No. It is impossible to perceive the present. Everything you use to perceive is reliant upon passing time. It takes time for light to travel from an object to your eye and the signal to travel to your brain and your brain to register what it experienced. By the time you have perceived it, the time has passed. It is forever a part of the past and you have no perception of anything in the present.
***cough...cough....***

Its not simply a perception - its something that we measure that exists in reality that weve given a name to.

You cannot prove what you cannot observe. You can have faith that present time exists.

This is why I think Time is God.
And that boyhood logic is why I think you play fake smart on the internets.

No. It is impossible to perceive the present. Everything you use to perceive is reliant upon passing time. It takes time for light to travel from an object to your eye and the signal to travel to your brain and your brain to register what it experienced. By the time you have perceived it, the time has passed. It is forever a part of the past and you have no perception of anything in the present.
***cough...cough....***
"Ive never said we cant percieve the present"

"It is impossible to percieve the present"

Same goofy poster talking himself into circles playing pretend philosopher to fill the void of insecurity his lack of true faith in god provided him.

But im no psychologist.

***cough...cough....***

You have a cold or something? I know you think you've found a "gotchya" here but you haven't. We can have what we believe (have faith) is a perception of the present, but it is a false perception because it's physically impossible to observe the present. Our only perception is of time passed. We have it... we recognize it as present... we rely on faith that our perception confirms it.

Wicked hard, I know.

Circular reasoning does not a scientific argument make. Wicked hard, yes indeed!
Sorry bud, that was not the TAG argument.

I've not made the TAG argument. WHY are you now trying AGAIN to turn the thread into Bible study?

***cough...cough....***

Same goofy poster talking himself into circles playing pretend philosopher to fill the void of insecurity his lack of true faith in god provided him.

But im no psychologist.

We can perceive any goddamn thing we want to!

***cough...cough....***

But im no psychologist.

We can perceive any goddamn thing we want to!
Except the present.

Forum List

Back